“Good Value - Good Location”
Review of Pratic Hotel

Pratic Hotel
Ranked #1,557 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Lincoln
“Good Value - Good Location”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Small and friendly hotel in good location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms a little on the small side but adequate for a short stay. Bed very comfortable and clean linen. Not a good staircase for anyone with limited mobility, but I'm sure the staff would help.
Nice restaurants close by in St Catherine's Square.
We would use again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CS&CLincoln

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Hotel Practic Paris was by far the best part of my trip to Paris. It is located in the heart of it all, which made it easy to fill the day with shopping and sightseeing. I had a wonderful room that overlooked the courtyard. I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was home cooked and delicious. The staff spoiled me, they attended to me as if i were royalty! Hotel Practic is the best choice if you want to stay in an authentic 5 Star Paris France Hotel at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Book your room at least a month in advance, the courtyard view is great!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tracy H
Blajeni, Romania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Traveling from UK, we've visited Paris for two days and wanted to experience a 5 stars hotel, and Pratic Hotel was the most affordable at that time, and I think we were lucky to find a room for two nights on such a short notice as usually I've seen it's quite crowded and you need to book at least a week in advance to be sure, specially in summer time. Regarding the reservation...I was not impressed by their website at all. Staff was friendly speaking good English and Italian and we've enjoyed staying there, especially the massive wooden frames from the breakfast room and the rustic set up. We've got a clean room and big enough, and the breakfast was nice. Parking nearby seemed a little bit expensive, but considering the central location and the very close metro station... I guess is ok. Maybe is just my expectations when I think about 5 stars ... :) but aside this I can't find any faults. So good conditions and a fair price.

Room Tip: ask for a larger room when the price is the same and choose a lower floor if you don't like to c...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucruri F
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was visiting Paris with my friend and we stay just for couple of nights in this basic nice hotel.

It is in great area, with some of the must see sightseeing places nearby and with metro station (150-200 m), so you can reach other parts of town easily. Very good choice of cafe’s and restaurants for drinking and eating in neighborhood and very nice for walking, around 500 meters from Seine. Hotel staff is friendly, useful and with good knowledge of English.

Our room was clean but very small. That is not a problem, when you are all day long outside, visiting this beautiful city. We were on second floor and that was ok, because there is no elevator since this is very old building. Little noisy in the evening from across the street, so you need to close windows if you want good sleep.

Very good choice for middle budget stay in Paris. Very positive experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Minneapolis
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location, the Saint Paul and Bastille areas are full of restaurants, stores, patisserie, and brasserie. It is very close to the metro station, you can catch the line 1 that takes you to a number of famous locations and main metro hubs. The Notre Dame Cathedral is at walking distance.

Staff is very nice and kind.

We had a room for 2 people with a queen size bed, and private bathroom. The rooms are small, but this is typical of hotels in Paris. Of course, if you go to Paris, you are not gonna spend much time in your room ... so, you just need a bed and a shower, and a big room would be just useless. People from Europe are used to small rooms, wheres people from USA may find it disappointing; I do not think you really need a big room, it is not worth spending a lot of money for big rooms in Paris.

Unfortunately, they must improve the room cleanness. The bedcover was dirty, full of stains, something really disgusting. I cannot pay 130 Euro per night, and have a bedcover with disgusting stains! Come on guys, you can use 5 euro to buy a clean bedcover at IKEA!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DallaBL
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Only a few minutes to the metro, or just walk to Notre Dame in 20 minutes, however the neighborhood is amazing so why leave at all? Yep the rooms are small, but average if you have been staying in 2 star hotels around Europe. Friendly staff, great bathroom, bright rooms on the square. I wasn't impressed with the eating in st Catherine's square so get lost in the district and find something better. Dark and narrow staircase but again, avg for the price and the continent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
massillon
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I went on a "family" trip with my in laws. The trip was pretty much a train wreck. Paris is a beautiful city sadly I didn't get to enjoy it as I planned. Weather was not on my side. Every time we went out to experience the city my in laws would start a fight. At the end of each miserable day on that vacation, all I wanted to do was go home and relax. I couldn't, but this hotel was a perfect substitute. I'm not sure how big the other rooms were but mine wasn't that large, not that I needed a large room, but I'm sure other tourists wouldn't be happy with it, but for a little less than $100 per night it was still a good deal. The cleanliness of the hotel was impeccable. Looking at the ratings I see there's an option for fitness room and pool. However I did not know there were either one of those in the hotel. I'm not sure why they even bothered with such luxuries in such a great city. Location was near a lot of great sites and restaurants, but the entrance was on a small alley of a street which made it hard to locate. The "sleep quality" rating would probably have been perfect but I have trouble sleeping in new places. My in laws spoke highly of the food served in the hotel, but I never tried it, So the final verdict is this hotel is near perfect. I didn't visit any other hotels or do any research on other hotels to compare but I was perfectly satisfied with this hotel during a terrible vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family