Hotel Diana
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
All reviewslatin quarternotre damecluny museumgreat locationdouble windowsyogurtluxembourg gardenssmall deskrooms are smallrue ststay there againbus linessingle roommini fridgeper nightstayed for nightsstreet view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our second stay at Hotel Diana, the first being a couple of years ago,and I hope it won't be the last! We had a street facing room this time, wasn't large but I have seen lots smaller in Paris.
The hotel is very good value, rooms have every thing you need - the bed was really comfortable, there is a frig, a/c, wifi, safe and a kettle. Both rooms we have stayed in had new bathrooms with nice thick towels.
We had breakfast on our last morning as we needed to leave early to get to the airport. It is a good breakfast, with croissants, bread, rolls, fresh fruit,cereals, cheese, yoghurt, juice, and great coffee.
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly if you need directions to anywhere. I can thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jeanr
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Myself and 2 other females stayed at Hotel Diana from 22nd Aug - 25th Aug in room 62, a triple room with a street facing view.

The hotel is well located on Rus St Jacques, just off St Germain and St Michel, with tons of bars, cafes, shops and restaurants very closeby. Its a lively area with landmarks such as Notre Dame, The Pantheon and Jardin du Luxembourg a mere stroll away.

The hotel was lovely, our room was great, spacious and well appointed, 3 ladies in one room and we were not tripping obver each other or our luggage, had a spacious bathroom, and 2 dressing areas, which was ideal.
Anything we needed, such as extra travel adapters for phone chargers and straightners was provided upon request, even a bottle opener for beers (the room has a fridge, and a shop is located ot the corner selling snacks and drinks etc) Anything we approached the staff for was met with a polite response and they helped out no problem.

The room was clean, perhaps a little dusty but nothing i would lose sleep over and nothing to complain about! We had our room cleaned eveyday, and fresh towels provided, again which was great, being a party of 3, the hotel made sure eveything was well provided, which was really appreciated, and showed they considered their guests, such as extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobe, a fridge, slippers, a safe and tea and coffee making facilities.

We had a slight issue with the shower head, it didnt seem connected properly which meant hardly any water came out, but once reported on our way out for the day, was fixed for us returning after our day out sightseeing.

We all loved the hotel, the location is fabulous, the staff were polite, curteous and helpfull when approached.
We didnt have breakfast, but what we seen looked lovely.

I would highly reccommend the hotel to anyone, it was a fabulous base for us, really met all our needs, and i will most definately be returning with the same party next year for another fabulous, funny long weekend in Paris.

Room Tip: Street view rooms are so pretty wth the little windows and the view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank mrsrocafella
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife booked this Hotel and at first I was a little skeptical, but it turned out to be a hidden gem. First of all the staff here are amazing and friendly, willing to help you out with directions and things to see. We got the large attic type room at the top and it was big and very comfortable. The bathrooms are nicely renovated and bed comfy. There is also a lift. Wifi is free and there is a fridge in the room so you can visit the supermarket to get some supplies.

The Hotel is located in the Latin Quarter and is a short walk to Notre Damme, Cluny, the Metro and not too far from the Louvre. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and some interesting nightlife. There are also a couple of great cafes nearby for breakfast and a great cafe next door. Few travel tips: wear covered shoes to the Catacombes and go early, you can skip the line at Versailles by paying 8 euros pp for a private tour the office is on the right side, Shakespeare and Company is worth a trip, and have dinner at sunset overlooking Notre Dame (it's worth going up Notre Dame), I personally enjoyed the Orsay, get an audio guide or download the Rick Steves audio tour. There are some amazing little shops along St Germaine if you walk down some alleys. Would definitely recommend staying here or if not, somewhere in the Latin Quarter.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lost_in_Civilisation
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hello, I stayed at Diana 6 nights as solo traveller, 17-23 Aug 2013 booked direct with hotel (August rate EUR78 single, and I changed to double for EUR98 per night room only - room 53).

Ditto all reviews, perfect location - you can't go wrong in this area. I loved walking along Blvd St Germaine, Rue St Michel and the area around the 3 smaller churches, St Suplice, St Germaine and St Severin. From here you can get anywhere in 1 mode of transport (RER, metro or bus). Loved it. Gosh you just HAVE to stop at the chocolate shop on Blvd St Germaine, "Biscuiterie Chocolaterie Larnicol G", 132 Blvd Saint Germaine - I went back 3 times for more and ate about half a kilo in a day! Up until then I thought Haighs in Aust was the best - no comparison! No wonder people come home 5kg heavier after France ...

Diana was fine but no joke rooms are small. Please don't expect too much as I did or you might be disappointed - please consider if room size/age will impact your stay or not. If Paris is your dream, then better pay a bit more and really live your dream etc. If you are just a traveller, then budget accomm is fine. The bathroom door in the single room opened inwards to the bathroom and you had to squeeze inbetween door and basin to use the toilet which was behind the door. Not workable for me and I am slim. I swapped to a double room where bathroom door opened outwards and it was fine. Still there is only just enough room to walk around the bed & the 2 chairs. Of course in summer you do not spend any time in your room other than to sleep so it was do-able. In this instance (solo) I was happy to trade off space for price and location.

A/C was OK, double-paned windows kept out the noise, good curtains kept out the street lights. Good size TV in the double room albeit I could only find French language. Definitely take up the breakfast offer, EUR8 for a lovely breakfast of cereal, fruit, rolls, pastries, pot of coffee/tea as a cappuccino was EUR4 is some cafes.

Actually my favourite part besides the nice breakfast was talking to Thomas the afternoon Receptionist. I think he quite enjoyed engaging in political debate - so "go for it" and ask him anything that you want to know about France ... he'll give you an excellent briefing not to mention sage advice on dealing with the French people in general ... "Yazmeen, you need to understand ze French people are very proud. You need to - how shall I say, zuk up to zem" ha ha - and guess what ... it actually works! Thanks Thomas. You are a legend. Good luck for your aspirations.

Room Tip: I loved being on the 5th floor overlooking the street. Cool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank YasmineinSydney
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After spending one night at the Hotel Home Latin, we moved to the Hotel Diana in Rue Saint-Jacques in the Latin Quarter. Cecile at reception was very friendly and helpful as my husband went there at 8 am asking for a room after we looked for another hotel on Tripadvisor early in the morning.

We spend three nights in room 62. The room was spacious and very neat. There is a kettle with coffee, tea and sugar. Small fridge available as well as a safe, aircon and a proper hair dryer in the bathroom. Free wifi came in handy.

We paid 160 euros for the triple room. Their single tariff is 95 and double 120.

I think that all the space in comparison with other hotels in Paris is the main reason whyI would stay there again. Hotel is within walking distance from all the main attractions of the Latin Quarter and is definitely worth considering.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple