“Very pleased”

Ranked #472 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had a layover in Paris for one night, so booked a room at Hotel Diana. Very pleasant experience in a small hotel. Room was quite small, but adequate for one or two people. Appears to be recently updated - both room and bath were very nice. Double door/window opened onto a very pleasant street view.

Front desk staff were great. Location was great - a few blocks from Notra Dame and there were plenty of bakeries and cafes in the neighborhood for that great expresso and pastry.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob21782

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
new york
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just returned from a week trip to Paris and stayed at Hotel Diana for 7 nights. We were a family of four so we had 2 rooms on the second floor. The rooms are small but they are very clean and tidy. The bathrooms were brand new and spotless. Didn’t use the TV, all channels were in French but we did take advantage of the free WIFI. The A/C worked perfectly, (it was 97 degrees one day)
I would strongly recommend the breakfast for 8 Euro. Besides the expected croissant, bread, coffee and delicious hot chocolate; it included yogurt, fresh fruit salad, dried fruits, cereal, juice and cheeses. One morning we went out for breakfast for a change of scenery. For 8.50 Euro we only got coffee, a croissant, bread and juice and it took twice as long.
The staff was very helpful and pleasant, everyone spoke English. The location was wonderful, short walk to the metro and Notre Dame, 30 minute walk to the Louvre; Boulevard St-Germain is one block away.
If I return to Paris I would without a doubt stay at Hotel Diana.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank travel42257
Pinelands, Cape Town
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in May 2014 and found the location fantastic. The Latin Quarter is vibrant and we just loved staying there from where we could easily find our way around. Although small as expected, the room was spotlessly clean, tidy and well equipped with everything we needed. Reception was manned 24 hours per day and the staff were very helpful, friendly, spoke English fluently and willing to assist wherever they could. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hanna T
Kiama
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

You don't normally expect too much from a two star hotel but we have been pleasantly surprised. The rooms whilst a little small are very clean and have everything you need, the bathroom are very spacious and everything was very clean. The reception staff were very friendly and only too happy to help. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank paxpacker
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After emailing a couple of hotels that were fully booked, I came across the great reviews for Hotel Diana and decided to give it a try. Much to my delight, they responded promptly that a double room was available. As mentioned in other reviews, they don't ask for a credit card to reserve your room - you just have to email them a week before your stay to confirm. My room was ready when I arrived and check-in was no problem at all.

The location is very convenient - blocks from Notre Dame and close to 2 metro lines and the RER. There are many cafes in the area, so I decided not to take advantage of the hotel breakfast.

My room was cozy, comfortable and clean, and the bathroom looked recently remodeled. I was a little nervous when I saw that my door was right next to the old clanky elevator, but I didn't find the noise to be a problem, and there was only one other room on my floor, so it wasn't like people were coming and going at all hours. My window faced out the back and I found the room to be pretty quiet.

There is a small safe in the room where you can store valuables, and the hotel has wi-fi available for guests. You leave your room key at the front desk when you go out, so you don't have to worry about losing it. The staff is very nice and speaks English (but they will patiently indulge you if you're like me and want to practice your terrible basic French).

Hotel Diana was a great find at a very fair price and I will happily stay there again the next time I'm in Paris!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or bothered by street noise, ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank BK_and_on
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and loved every minute. The location is fantastic, it was spotlessly clean and staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was so worthwhile at 8 Euros but due to our tight program, we only managed to have breakfast once at the hotel. The room itself wasn't as small as I envisaged (from previous reviews). It was just perfect and we will definitely be back. Thank you Madame Cheval and staff for a most enjoyable stay in the beautiful city of Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Marlene717
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As a woman traveling alone, this was a perfect place to stay -- Madame Cheval runs a tight ship! Friends recommended the Hotel Diana to me, so I knew not to worry when I made the reservation by email and the hotel did not take my credit card to reserve the room. I had asked for, and was booked into, a double room on a high floor with a city view, and the room had everything I needed and was perfectly quiet with the double windows closed at night. The bed was very comfortable, the room and modern bath were positively spotless, there was free wifi, and, as everyone comments in their reviews, you can't ask for a more perfect location. I walked everywhere -- although the metro is very close by, I only needed to take it on one of my five days in Paris. The hotel staff are exceedingly helpful and all speak English (so there was no need to dust off my high school French), but it was nice to hear as much French spoken among the hotel guests at breakfast as English. And I do recommend the breakfast, which you reserve the night before. I will definitely return to the Hotel Diana on my next trip to Paris!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo