My husband and I stayed at the Lyric Hotel to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. This hotel has a great opera theme which gives it a lot of personality. It is also in a great location.
- Hotel staff was always friendly.
- Has a great theme filled with personality.
- The lobby and the room were always clean and inviting.
- The bed is comfortable and it provides all things needed for comfort (blow dryer, TV, bathrobes, slippers, and the rain shower is just fun!).
- All of the fixtures in the bathroom, and all throughout the room, are brand new and beautiful.
- The location is great. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Louvre, and about 15 to Notre Dame. In the other direction, it's a quick walk to the Opera House and the Opera Metro, which has connections needed for Disneyland Paris and the Charles de Gaulle Airport. If you really want to explore on foot, the Eiffel Tower is a 35 minute walk from the hotel.
- There is a great place for breakfast right around the corner from the hotel named Bagelstein. We ate here almost every morning because the price is reasonable and the bagels are yummy (also vegetarian friendly).
- The air conditioning is set quite low, which is really nice during a hot week.
Cons (These are only slightly annoying issues, that don't actually matter in the long run):
- The blow dryer runs on a lower setting than I'm used to, and with long hair, this doubled the amount of time I needed to set aside in the morning to get ready. Not the hotel's fault, and it's kind of them to have one in the room, so not a huge deal.
- The refrigerator in the room is the kind that's pre-stocked with food and drinks you have to pay money for. This is fine, I never have any intention of using these items. The biggest bummer of this is that it's still not cold. It is hard to find any cold drink in all of Paris, and my husband and I were looking forward to having a cold drink in our room, that didn't happen. I don't think the fridge even worked. Again, not a huge deal, we didn't even tell management about it, because we ultimately didn't feel like spending any energy on it and this had no affect on our stay at this hotel.
- The bathroom wall is pretty much see through, and is completely see through for about a foot or so from the floor up. My husband and I were totally cool with this, but if you're traveling with a buddy, this might be awkward.
Overall, we would happily stay in this hotel again and are happy to have spent our wedding anniversary here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HARMONY AND LUXURY IN THE HEART OF PARIS A distinctive atmosphere dedicated to opera and ballet, right in the centre of the French capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lyric Hotel Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Metropole Opera Hotel Paris
- Residence Metropole Opera Paris