“Excellent Hotel in perfect location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Little Regina

Hotel Little Regina
Ranked #1,046 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel in perfect location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed here whilst I was in Paris to do the Paris Marathon. Check in was wry efficient & friendly and the room was small but perfect size as I was travelling alone & literally needed somewhere to sleep only. The location was fantastic and not noisy at all - though I had a inner courtyard room that probably helped on the 6 th floor. After the Marathon I needed a shower and for a small tip to one of the chamber maids I was able to use one even though I had already checked out 6 hours before - now that is what I call service! Great value little hotel - thoroughly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want peace & quiet, then ask for a courtyard room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank James L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Our first trip to Paris we booked this hotel via booking.com. It's a little tough in Paris for a family of four unless you want to get two rooms per night. This could get costly. Anyway, the hotel is on the north side of town near a main metro station, (good). The area seemed a little on the "I'd better watch my back" side, not the most comfortable area. The rooms were clean and the staff pleasant. The nicest part of the room was the bathroom. Unfortunately, the rooms are very small and very noisy from the street and pedestrian traffic. That wouldn't be too bad but it goes on all night. And that wouldn't be too bad but there is no air conditioning so you must sleep with the windows open, thus making the room noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bkillernj1
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We found a better deal with them on their website, so we booked with them directly instead of going through the usual booking.com or hoteltravel.com

Good points:
The location is great - several bus stations, a metro station, and a train station right at your doorstep! This made travelling easy and much safer, because we didn't need to wander around at night trying to find our way (the dark somehow always makes everything you know become the unknowable). Also, there are lots of cafes and restaurants around the area that keep open until almost midnight.

The rooms were wonderful - I think they recently renovated the rooms, because the decor was actually better than a 4-star hotel we stayed in in Milan. The room didn't look or feel small to us, even if there was an extra bed in addition to our double bed (we reserved a double bed, so we used the extra bed as a sofa). The bathroom and all of its utilities (shower, toilet, sink) all looked and felt modern. They don't have individual hair dryers in each room, but they have lots you can readily borrow at the reception. i liked this better, because I could plug it in the room and watch TV while I dried my hair. Also, it looked way cleaner and newer than the ones that are usually attached to the wall in other hotels.

The service was good - housekeeping kept changed our towels daily and the reception staff were hospitable. The best part is that although this is a small hotel, the reception area is kept open 24 hours, so you can check-out at 6am without an extra charge!

There is a lift/elevator as well, which, if you know Europe's hotels, is a real blessing. We were on the 4th floor as well, so the elevator really saved us from potentially breaking our backs. The lift also looked old-fashioned which was really cute.

Noise level - was at a minimum. We had a courtyard-facing room, so i can't speak for those whose windows face the street.

Bad points:
The area looks a little sketchy especially at night.

The breakfast was a little wanting, but they gave both plain and chocolate croissants, fresh OJ, and coffee, which I liked. But no cold cuts, cereals, fruit, or anything like that.

The wifi was supposed to work in our room, but it failed after a few hours. At the end we went to the lobby, where the wifi connect was fast. Also, if you need, you can print stuff there as well. However, you must email the hotel your documents, so people with confidential documents should bring their USB instead. I didn't have one so I ended up having to email them everything.

Conclusion:
If I ever go back to Paris (which I definitely will!) I am going back to this hotel!

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room for quiet nights.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunflower_Life
Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

On our third trip to Paris our favorite hotel, Hotel Eber Mars, was being renovated so we tried the Little Regina. Big mistake---it's right outside the Gare de L'est and right above a noisy bar/restaurant and the neighborhood felt less than safe. We're all for very basic "Super 8" type of hotels and we don't assume that Paris hotels should be like American hotels but the LR needs an overhaul and thorough cleaning. If you do choose to stay we urge you to avoid room #19. It is street side and therefore THE noisiest and it is in terrible shape.

Room Tip: Avoid room #19 is is street side and very noisy and in need of renovation.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Funny entrance but great rooms and housekeeping. Can't beat location. Metro Line 7 (Louvre, Opera, Galleries Lafayette, etc.) literally at the door. Public Transit Bus 350 from airport terminates around the corner. Bus #31 terminates in front of Hotel and goes to the Arc du Triomphe and back. Gare de L'Est 100 feet away. Very good Monoprix grocery store around the corner and there are Restaurants galore. Room was exceptionally clean and fresh. This is not a full service hotel with a concierge - just one person on the front desk and it is luck of the draw whether they are having a good day or not. Extremely good value for Paris. I stayed there 4 nights and the Hotel Full (Complete) sign was up by noon every day.

Room Tip: They do have some adjoining rooms. They have some smoking rooms. There is no A/C but windows open...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is a recommendable hotel, very well located. I slept very well there and there is enough space in the room. I don't need more than that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Daniel L
Schweinfurt, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Was told the hotel was overbooked when I arrived. This was despite the fact the fact that I had reserved a room weeks before and recieved confirmation of my reservation. They didn't care. They told me they had another room for me at the Sabour Hotel and sent me out the door at 2200 (I emailed twice to let them know I would be arriving late) with no directions. I had to wander the streets in a not too nice neighborhood to find the dump they sent me to. The Sabour was awful. The room was horribly dirty and it had bedbugs. I have been to third world countries cleaner than this hotel. The staff at Hotel Regina couldn't care less about the situation or my safety. They did, however, care about thier profit and charged me full price for the stay.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want a good room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo