“Excellent location, brilliant value.”

Hotel du Prince Eugene
Ranked #160 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, brilliant value.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just got back from this hotel yesterday, it was a weekend away for my husbands 30th birthday.
Hotel is spotless, and very nicely decorated, and as with all capital cities in Europe, quite small. This is fine though, we knew what to expect, we have stayed in London plenty of times!! We did need the air con on in the room quite a lot though, and on the last night it didn't work, so it took a little longer to get off to sleep.
Breakfast was continental, and plentiful, my husband said the hot choc was lovely. I was looked at a bit funny when I told them I didn't want coffee or tea with my breakfast though!
3min walk from Nation which is a connecting train station and lots of lines run through there, so it is great to get around.
Lots of bakeries and restaurants around the hotel which was great. And if you get the chance, head down to the baron rouge for a few glasses of wine, a total treat and popular with the locals too.

Overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 186394Jo_Jo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel du Prince Eugene for 3 nights and was not disappointed. The hotel is situated about 5 minutes tops from the Nation metro station and from there it is super close to the highlights of Paris. I was travelling alone and felt very safe in the neighborhood. The rooms are spotless and are average Parisen hotel size (not that spacious) but with just my hand luggage it was perfect. The staff are amazing, super friendly and eager to help. Breakfast is included and is a pretty good spread. There is also free Wifi. I definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Higher up rooms might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Prince du Eugene far exceeded my expectations. The staffs, Kelly, Rajee, Julien, they are so friendly and knowledgeable of Paris. They give me advise on where to go for sight seeing, meals and shopping. The neighbour hood which this hotel is in is relatively safe and we get to talk to the friendly local while eating in Vin and Maree recommended by Julien. I will definitely booked this hotel when I visit paris next time.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Koh P
Aiken, SC
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I met our traveling companions from Northern Ireland and England at this wonderful little hotel for a 6 night Paris reunion (the Bumsteers). It is an annual get together we have since meeting on a River Cruise 9 years ago. I made all the arrangements so I was a bit on edge as to how it would be. Everyone loved du Prince Eugene and I turned out a hero. Great location. It was a short walk to the train station. We took the train everywhere in Paris and used it to get to and from CDG airport. A bakery is next door and small markets are nearby. There was a very good restaurant located right next door that we really enjoyed. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel. That was really convenient for 6 people and the bottomless coffee was a plus. The rooms were lovely, clean and the bed super comfortable. I'd rate the hotel a great value. Julian and his entire staff went out of the way to accommodate our needs and please us. They always made time to answer our questions and make recommendations. Check in and check out was simple. As others have said we felt very safe when returning on the train and walking to the hotel. When we return we will definitely stay at the Prince Eugene again.

Room Tip: We were in 3 different rooms and they all were equally lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mjd5547
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here with couple of friends during my vacation to Paris. The location of this hotel was very good, Very near to metro. We stayed here for two days. The room was clean and cozy and were well furnished with all the necessary facilities although a little bit more space would have been much appreciated. They served nice breakfast too. Overall had a very good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have spent 6 days of our honeymoon at Paris and our stay at Hotel du Prince was really nice. The staff are very helpfully (most of them speaks English very well), room is clean, furniture is very well kept, decoration is very nice as well.
Location is about 10min to the subway station. The neighborhood is nice and looks safe. There are many small shops next to hotel (Bakeries, pharmacies, small markets).
We took the superior double room. The room has a good size, (the bed is bigger than we could can imagine..), bathroom good size as well...Cleaning was impeccable.
Many thanks also to the manager who was very kind with us.
Good option who are searching for a good bed, clean place, good location and safety.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karina O
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having read Tripadvisor reviews on this hotel we booked our recent 7 night stay. Although a bit far from the main sights this hotel has easy access to the Nation metro which has direct lines, or only one swap, to everything you need to see and do. No matter how late at night we returned on the metro we never felt unsafe. The owner's sons Alex and Julien were polite and helpful, able to point us to local services and restaurants and always offering advice and tips. Our room was small, but very clean and decorated in a modern and chic style making it a pleasure to return to at the end of each day. I felt that I could trust the staff, the hotel and the area that it is in. A very happy patron indeed!

Room Tip: Room 406 is away from the lift which may be noisy when patrons leave early or arrive back late.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family