“3 days in paris”

Hotel du Prince Eugene
Ranked #179 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice Little place with very friendly staff, particulary Juliens Restaurant tip was great. the Hotel is located near by a big metro-Station (Nation), so we could reached everything fast. The rooms are small, but thats normal in paris, with a pleasant furniture. the bathroom with a bathtub was clean. One negative Point is, that there is no safe in the room.

1  Thank Lena H

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My daughter treated me to this city break and it was excellent. On arrival (via Eurostar and metro) the friendly English speaking staff checked us in told us all about the room, breakfast, local restaurants and said we could have a password for wi-fi if we needed it. A small lift, big enough for 2 adults and weekend cases took us to our 4th floor room that overlooked an apartment block and small courtyard.Room had recently been refurbished, boutique style with fabric on walls, matching blackout curtains,, bedside cabinets, dressing table and small alcove fitted wardrobe all perfectly adequate for our needs. It was spotless, cleaned daily, we were asked for our room number on leaving the hotel each day so staff could clean while we were out without disturbing us. Small fridge with two bottles of water-no charge. En suite bathroom again spotless with ample towels, shampoo, shower gel, liquid soap and good quality hairdryer.
On our first night had an excellent meal at Baan Thai (left and left again from the hotel) also fantastic French cuisine at Pozada bistro (right and right) 58 euros for 2 courses with wine which I thought reasonable but of course price depends on choices. Lots of local bars, restaurants, and patisseries however lots of them are closed on Sundays. The Nation metro stop is a great hub from where you can access most parts of the city only a few hundred metres left from the hotel. However there were no escalators on any of the metro stations that we used, so prepare yourself for lots of stair walking.
I can't comment on buffet breakfast at 13 euros each we chose to eat out later in the morning. I would however happily paid an extra couple of euros a day for tea and coffee to be provided in the rooms and not as room service with an additional charge.
Tip for UK Eurostar travellers- Rue de Boulets metro much quieter and smaller than Nation when going to/from Gare du Nord get a single ticket to make the journey on arrival to destination, purchase a city pass on first full day and use it for the journey back
I would definitely book here again when I return to Paris, great value for money hotel

Room Tip: There is some slight noise from the metro trains passing below the hotel but not enough to disturb s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Paisleyite
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a brief time in Paris, and wanted to stay in a less-touristy section. Also, we wanted to be close to the Gare de Lyon train station. This hotel is run by a great family, all members seem to work there. They were very helpful and congenial. Their suggestions for casual lunches and dinners were spot on!! Our room was large by Paris standards, and quite comfortable. Our only complaint was that noise (a child stomping around a nearby room) transmits easily. The king bed was comfy, and the bathroom very nice. The tub was terrific for a soak!!! OK, I think we had the deluxe room, but still a bargain. One thing I observed was that while we were there, a group of deaf persons were guests. One family member, Julian, I think, was very welcoming, and signed to them rather than speaking. I thought this was representative of the attention we had received and the hospitality offered by this family. I would recommend this hotel on this basis alone. Other things were nice too. Location, breakfast, good WiFi. Happy to recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe rooms, well worth the small increase in price. But if you have to have extreme qu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patsykay
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Very good access to Nation station, but an hour+ walk to Notre Dame, 1/2 hour to Bastille. Nice area and the walk provides great cultural interaction, plus a lot of fun. The hotel is impeccably maintained, comfortable and staffed by amazing people. Each person (it is a family run place) is friendly, eagerly helpful, very pleasant and very accommodating. We felt at home here and would definitely return. Breakfast was very good (it is too expensive but we enjoyed it compliments of the hotel because of a minor glitch which we did not feel was so important that they should throw in a complimentary breakfast - again this shows how above and beyond the service is) If you are not eager to walk a lot, buy a multi-day metro pass or a 10 pack.

1  Thank Gl0bal_guru
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed at this same hotel three times so far this year. It's great for me. Very nice rooms, very clean, well-located for many restaurants and the metro/RER. But the best part is the exceptional welcome and efficiency from the front desk staff. Another great plus is the restaurant Pozada located a few steps away. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
11  Thank PeteD542013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just got back from this hotel yesterday, it was a weekend away for my husbands 30th birthday.
Hotel is spotless, and very nicely decorated, and as with all capital cities in Europe, quite small. This is fine though, we knew what to expect, we have stayed in London plenty of times!! We did need the air con on in the room quite a lot though, and on the last night it didn't work, so it took a little longer to get off to sleep.
Breakfast was continental, and plentiful, my husband said the hot choc was lovely. I was looked at a bit funny when I told them I didn't want coffee or tea with my breakfast though!
3min walk from Nation which is a connecting train station and lots of lines run through there, so it is great to get around.
Lots of bakeries and restaurants around the hotel which was great. And if you get the chance, head down to the baron rouge for a few glasses of wine, a total treat and popular with the locals too.

Overall I would stay here again!

5  Thank 186394Jo_Jo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel du Prince Eugene for 3 nights and was not disappointed. The hotel is situated about 5 minutes tops from the Nation metro station and from there it is super close to the highlights of Paris. I was travelling alone and felt very safe in the neighborhood. The rooms are spotless and are average Parisen hotel size (not that spacious) but with just my hand luggage it was perfect. The staff are amazing, super friendly and eager to help. Breakfast is included and is a pretty good spread. There is also free Wifi. I definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Higher up rooms might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo