“Perfect Parisian Hotel”

Ranked #256 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect Parisian Hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We selected this hotel since it was in the location we wanted to stay in, Rue Cler. It was even more delightful and charming than we had hoped. The owners and staff are very friendly and we felt at home almost immediately. For two people, the room was large (by European standards) and quite comfortable. While not air conditioned, we didn't feel the need for it either. We took advantage of the extensive continental plus breakfast which at 9 Euros per person is very reasonable by Parisian standards. If you are looking for a boutique Parisian hotel with a lot of charm and a great location you ought to try this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We really loved this hotel. Our room was small but perfect for a couple of nights and you cannot beat the price. It is cute, very well presented, very French and is in an absolutely fantastic neighbourhood with cool bars, delicious boulangeries and a Metro stop on the next street. I have read some of the other less complimentary reviews for the hotel, but our experience was great! Parisians are direct and can be "stern" at times but you just have to adjust and frankly, get over it. Equally they are extremely efficient, full of advice about their beautiful city and have very quick wit....works for me! Hotel du Champ de Mars is lovely. We would stay there again with no hesitation. Francoise and Stephane are really nice people (and own the hotel), Canelle the pooch is a treat and we cant wait to go back to Paris.

2 Thank Georgina842014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a sweet place! Stayed for 5 nights with my teen age daughter. The staff was very helpful the breakfast was quick and the bed comfortable. A one block walk to the Metro and a very fun neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christi L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there and will definitely come back next time I’m going to Paris. People at the front desk were very nice, food was good, and rooms were clean. Very Good location, I recommend you go there !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Hotel du Champ de Mars and my second stay mirrored the first: great proximity to Rue Cler and Eiffel Tower, affordable price, cozy room, and tasty breakfast. Anyone is welcome to pay more money somewhere else to have a slightly larger room, but I would rather use my extra Euros on French macarons and wine.

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a charming small hotel blocks from the Eiffel Tower. The Metro is 5 minutes away and steps from pedestrian Rue Cler with its cafe's, boulangerie's, and patiserie stores. Rooms are very updated and clean, although typically small. The walls were covered in an elegant soft fabric and bathroom with new tile. The one problem with the bath/shower is it only had a half width glass shower enclosure and I found it impossible to take a shower without getting water on the floor. Our room was quiet and the bed very comfortable. A better option than eating breakfast in the hotel is to walk across the street to Cafe du Marche. Do they have good coffee! There is free internet in the lounge and they will lend you their laptop. Service was good and very friendly. Overall a great location for visiting the rest of Paris. This hotel is a great value for the money and when I return to Paris, it is where I plan to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Appleton, WI
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I spent a large amount of time researching hotels for our upcoming 1 night stay (layover on the way to India) in Paris. I knew Paris was expensive, but didn't realize how difficult it would be to find something nice and affordable near Eiffel for 4 people. Most rooms are small and i soon learned we would need 2 rooms.

Hotel Champ de Mars was absolutely perfect. I had read good reviews online and I think they were 100% accurate. Location is spectacular, couldn't have imagined anything better. The hotel itself is cozy, which is expected in Paris, but the room was very nice sized and more than adequate for our stay. Hotel is very well maintained, clean, and nicely decorated.

Staff was very nice to me, and check in/check out was no issue. We did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot describe that but cafes on that street and the next are outstanding.

I would have loved to stay longer and would stay at this hotel again for sure. Great value, location, and accomodations.

Room Tip: 4th floor corner has a view of Eiffel!