“Cute hotel in a fantastic position”

and 1 more site!
Hotel du Champ de Mars
Ranked #368 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in July, the room was just gorgeous, the service was very good and the position was great, easy walk to the Eiffel Tower. Lots of restauants close by, across the road and around the corner in Rue Cler. There was a bus stop very close to the hotel. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tasdebbie

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Firstly, this place is delightful and I would go back in a heartbeat. This gem tucked into a side street off the Rue Cler. The other TA reviews paint an accurate picture. The only tidbit I would add is to adjust your room request based on your sleep needs. The rooms vary widely with regards to noise, the front of the hotel being very lively until about midnight and delivery trucks early in the morning. We traveled here with the family so I saw different room. I liked the activity of the neighborhood so I enjoyed the street scene but definitely used earplugs and a face mask when it was time time to turn in. If you like it quiet, request to be off the street.

Room Tip: The lively rooms face the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank trvldoc
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have travelled to Paris a number of times and each time I have stayed at this little gem that I initially read about in Rick Steeve's tour book. It is a wonderful truly Parisian hotel on La rue cler in the 7ieme arrondissement. My favorite part is that our room each time had these marvellous views of the Eiffel Tower. What a special treat for a hotel in this price range.
The restaurants in the area are reflective of the lifestyle, and the proximity to both the metro and the attractions make this a favorite. This will always be our family's pied-a-terre in Paris!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick28Ontario
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel du Champ de Mars at the end of July. It was well located near Rue Cler with good cafes, boulangerie, cheese, flowers, and other shops a few steps away. Yes, our room was small, but we didn't go to Paris to stay in a hotel room. It was just what we needed--a bed and bathroom with a shower/tub. No air conditioning, but a fan helped cool down the hot summer evenings. The rooms are decorated nicely and extremely clean. It was an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and public transportation. The owners were very helpful calling cabs,etc. It was nice to experience more of a small town atmosphere in the big city of Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank creature62
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights and wished it could have been longer. The hotel was charming, in a great location in easy walking distance to all the sights. It is right off Rue Cler where there are good restaurants, markets and a bakery. When we return to Paris we will definitely try to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a little tucked away gem which has a great location near the eiffel tower.
me and my gf decided to stay here after it had been recommended by my sisters who had stayed here a year ago and had loved it as well.
the rooms are small but really nicely made up and extremely picturesque of what you expect to stay in at paris! The staff were very friendly and helpful recommending places to eat and how to get around. the eiffel tower is less than a 10 minute walk from it which is really handy if you want to see it at night (which is really something special btw)
there is also good resturants near by and a great little bakery just downstairs that we went to nearly everyday for breakfast!
highly recommended and would definetly stay there again!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a street view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ken Z
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

After arriving in Paris and having my wallet with credit & cash cards immediately pick pocketed on the metro, the owners of this establishment could not have been more accommodating.
They turned a potential disaster into a wonderful experience. Their pride in their city took a hit, but their response restored our faith in the goodness of others
The hotel is perfect in the ways one would expect, price, location, room size & breakfast ( fresh squeezed OJ ). We stayed in a number of hotels in France over 2 wks, biking along the Loire River, we will never forget our final 4 days in Paris at the Hotel Champ deMars.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple