“August 2013”

Hotel Residence Quintinie
Ranked #544 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Cute front desk service. Bright coloured rooms, a lift, peaceful sleep; it's a quiet neighborhood. The air con rooms are a nice reprieve from the pounding-the-pavement heat of the day. Super to have the car safe and sound in the underground parking lot. Great value with wifi, etc. Could use a more comfortable cot, dishtowels and clean dishes/kettle- there were black bugs in them.

1 Thank DarcyUlm
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a perfect hotel which I now stay at repeatedly as I come from Philadelphia and my husband isn't with me so that I need just this sort of 'homey' environment, where I not only feel safe but also know that all the conveniences are closeby, within minutes' walk (I like the large market which is nearby) as well as the smaller markets, though this is a neighborhood where the locals seem to shop mainly at the larger markets where the choice is bountiful. I am lucky to have found this hotel and highly recommend it. .Everything is de rigueur here; clean, modern, but with added charm of country furniture, amenities especially the bathrooms, and refreshing in general with all amenities. Very well cared for and very lovely in its intimacy as I don't like large impersonal hotels (with their high rates) if I can find one with these qualities. It has everything the large, more expensive hotels have, although I don't miss having a restaurant within because if one wishes the typical French petit dejeuner, the Proprietor offers it as he brings in an armful of fresh baguettes each morning from a local bakery. The kitchenette in the rooms allows one to provide for themselves, and the local market is open late hours to accommodate all those on work schedules.

I thought that everything, including the bed, was excellent. No complaints whatsoever.
There are several 'repeat' guests as I met them at the front desk, so this proves how much appreciated this hotel is with some foreigners., including me.

The staff is wonderful, very helpful and friendly.

For me, this provides home away from home. SInce I lived and did my graduate studies decades ago in Paris, I could stay with friends but prefer my privacy and independence and this hotel provides it all.

The park across the street is enchanting, with its peace and quiet and beauty, and the short walk to public transport could not be better. I have looked at many other places before choosing this hotel and I assure anyone who enjoys a 'find' that this is it! Kudos to staff and owner.

p.s. please note that the website will only allow a "terrible" or "excellent" rating for the non-existent restaurant and pool, so I have chosen the latter.

Room Tip: I am 'possessive' about my particular room, No one, which is perfect for me as I like lookin...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Peggy E
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel from Friday 19th-Sunday 21st April 2013, and it was everything we needed for a weekend break. The hotel is situated in a quiet, pleasant neighbourhood, with a park just outside which is beautifully maintained. The room we stayed in had its own small kitchen complete with fridge, microwave and hob, and plenty of tea/coffee was provided. The area has several restaurants, bakeries and stores where you can pick up groceries, etc. All in all it was a lovely stay, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park give a lovely view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steph M
Brisbane
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My self and my partner stayed here the last 5 days in July. We stayed in one of the rooms with cooking facilities on the ground floor. The room itself is small (so if you want a large room do not stay here), it has a wardrobe, double bed, desk with a chair, a small refrigerator and a table with two chairs. The shower was small but the water was hot and had good pressure. Not a lot to add to other reviews about this hotel except that I would mention the air conditioning, which during 30 + degree days and nights in Paris is a big plus, as a lot of hotels in Paris do not have air conditioning. On hot nights it was great to sleep under a blanket. There is a thermostat in the room to adjust the temperature.
Also for the smokers, outside this room is a very small courtyard with a table where smoking is allowed. Wi Fi was free but getting a connection could be problematic, though if I took my lap top outside to the courtyard I never had a problem. Also to note 2 minutes from the hotel is a laundry (I did not use it), a large supermarket is 3 minutes walk away in Rue de la Procession. The staff are very nice and the manager speaks perfect English. This is a quite area and I heard no noise at all to disturb my sleep. This is a great little hotel in a good district. I paid 109 Euro a night for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Spent 4 days in this hotel earlier this month and loved it! Stayed in the smallest of the rooms but it was perfect for us. Room was clean and as shown in photos. The owner was really helpful too. Close to the metro (which is very easy to use) and in a nice area away from the touristy parts. Would definitely stay again next time I am in Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mobilis pass when using the metro as the visite passes are more expensive & not worth...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulieMcC
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Me and my 9-years old daughter stayed at Quintinie Hotel for 5 nights. We were in room N 2, which is behind the reception, with 2 windows, in the ground floor. At first, I thought that is a minus, but with a view to the street and no stairs at all, it became a plus. Our bathroom was a separate room and I think that we were lucky again.
I didn't expect that in a 100 m from noisy Vaugirard str. should be so quiet. In front of the hotel is a small park. There is a supermarket at a distance of 50 m. Having a kitchenett is a big plus, when you are with a kid and you want to cook by yourself. There is a fridge, 2 hot-plates, electric pitcher, coffee machine for filter coffee, a microwave and some plates and glasses and frying pans, everything you need for 2 persons. The tables is quite small. The air-condition is built in, the wardrobe is a little bit peculiar to me.
They clean the room every day, but having food in the room gains some ants too.
Being in 15 arr. one should need a transport, as we did. There are a lot of suitable buses - N 80, N 88, N 89; the distance to Volontairs station of metro N 12 is about 200-300 m. I recommend traveling with a Paris visite card or with Navigo card.
Overall, very quiet and safe place to spend your holiday in Paris, with a very friendly staff, speaking english and answering all your questions.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family