“Great location, small but beautifully appointed rooms”
Review of Hotel Thoumieux

Hotel Thoumieux
Ranked #920 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Sydney
“Great location, small but beautifully appointed rooms”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I came alone and stayed one night. Right near Invalides and Eiffel Tower, moments from RER-C and the metro so it was easy for me to get to Versailles in the morning. As I was alone the room didn't feel too tiny, although really there wasn't even space for a suitcase on the floor. But it's so beautifully decorated and every small detail thought about, everything emblazoned with the Thoumieux logo, with even fresh baked cookies on check in. Make sure to check out the bistro downstairs by Jean-Francios Peige (French celebrity chef) and his degustation restaurant in on Level 1 (I didn't get a chance to go) but the bistro was sensational.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wigan
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last weekend for our honeymoon in paris. The hotel cost us around 650 pounds and is 4 star. The location was a 10 minute walk to the Effiel Tower which is great. The hotel door is tucked away on a bustling little street, with a few cafes and high end boutiques. A nearby tube station connects you to the rest of paris which is really handy. Definately a good location for sightseeing though now ive been i think there better areas to stay. The hotel itself, ok. We paid that little bit extra for a superior room. It was pretty small, just about housing a bed and two sidetables in the main body of the room. We had absolutely no view which for the price and the fact that this was kne of the better rooms was really disappointing. All of our 3 windows overlooked the sides of 3 other buildings, so when we looked put we just saw a big white washed wall, which towered over us, so there was virtually no natural light coming in despite. We woke up at 1030 one morning to a man banging and cutting glass right outside our room, on a balcony platform. Spoke to staff who assured me this would not happen again, although when we arrived back to the room at 6pm the same day he was still there so we had to shut our blinds leaving the room dark and dingy for getting ready for dinner.
Twice, two evenings, whilst we were getting ready the electricity seemed to completely cut off as well, and although fixed within 10 minutes when youre stood dripping wet from a bath getting ready to go out, it was kind of annoying.
Bathroom wise, theres no shower. Just a bath with a shower head to rinse yourself. Looked very nice, but not very practical. Nowhere to put your shampoo and other shower toiletries so they had to go on the floor next to the bath and despite there being no shower, there was no bath foam provided.
Service overall was good. Asked for milk and sugar a few times to our room which came promptly. And the front of house brought as a small bottle of champagne our second night which was a nice touch.
Overall, stylish, well decorated, friendly, good location, but a few bits need to change to justify the Price tag. Wouldnt stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauraelizabeth1982
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a very cosy hotel with a great receptionist. It is also in a wonderful location, in a street with a great choice of restaurants and fun shops, with the Eiffel Tower in view at the end.
However, the rooms were very very small. Too crowded. The coffee machine milk frother didn't work. The shower-room is tiny, even too small to fit the basin in, which is in the bedroom.
It was impossible to unpack 2 people's very small luggage. The bed was quite small but the duvet very big and super hot. The bedroom was boiling despite air con or open windows all night.
The decor is fun but I think some of the rate goes towards this rather than square footage. Next time I might rather pay 50euros more and stay somewhere more upmarket, or pay a bit less and go somewhere with fewer design features. I just didn't sleep very well here. However, the location is top and the staff are lovely.

2 Thank RosieYum
essex
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After long debating what hotel to stay in for our wedding anniversary in Paris we chose Thoumieux!!
I loved the area it was in and also the hotel design. Our welcome was not brilliant and when shown to the room we were quite disappointed. The way it was decorated was fab and we loved the aesop toiletries but it was so small and it had a pretty awful view. We did not want to say anything but looking back I wish we did as the hotel did not seem to be at full capacity.
The room did have everything you needed, fluffy robes, slippers, illy coffee machine, i pad and great toiletries.
The scent in the hotel is amazing, they sell the candles they burn and i am very glad that we bought one.
I would recommend this hotel and as the previous reviewer said Amy on the desk was very helpful.
I would just upgrade your room as although we expected it to be small it was too small.

Melbourne
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I too loved the decor of this hotel - it is so different to anywhere else I have stayed and hotels tend to all look the same after a lot of travelling. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well. Amy on the front desk is a gem.

The negatives: Minor inconveniences were: No power in the first room I was taken to so I needed to move: no English Channels (you would think out of 50 channels they could at least have one English speaking Movie or News channel??); No shower caps in the room & when I asked for one from housekeeping they said they dont have them; you are given one bottle of water at the beginning of your stay - after that you need to pay 8 Euros per bottle and I was there for 6 nights and it was never replaced; an additional cocktail was added to my account which I only realised after I left the hotel - although inconvenient as I had to provide my credit card details again, this was credited without hesitation.

The most annoying thing about my whole stay was that I could not access the internet on my phone or Ipad for the duration of my stay. No-one could help me with this issue and what was most upsetting was that I could walk down to Starbucks and get perfect internet on both these devices. I could use the room Ipad but it meant that I could not access my Viber which is my main source of communication when travelling.

Room Tip: I had Room 3 which was faced the street but was extremely quiet due to double/triple glazing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I travelled to Paris as a gift to me from my husband for a week this October 2013. This was a trip of a lifetime for me and I talked my husband into staying at this hotel due to the stylish interior. I was worried he would be unhappy with the size of the room. While the room could have been a little bigger we were so comfortable during our stay at Thoumieux. We loved Amy who works at this hotel. Her friendliness and level of professionalism are top notch. She made the stay at this hotel better than it would have been without her. The stylish decor and perfect little street location made me want to stay forever. There is a great pastry shop across the street called Le Moulin De La Vierge. Great access to the city and landmarks.

Room Tip: Book a room above the standard levels for extra space.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was the last place that we stayed in on our honeymoon, and it was a lovely way to finish things off. The location on Rue St. Dominique is great, with two Metro lines within easy walking distance, and with lots of charming little streets with nice shops to browse in. The neighborhood, and proximity to the Eiffel Tower were just what we wanted on this particular trip. The hotel itself was beautifully put together. Our room was elegant and the fabrics and patterns were very stylish and design-y (and my, wasn't the thread count of those sheets high!). Nice Aesop bath products, and a spacious and pretty bathroom. Little quibbles were: no elevator, no place to fix the shower attachment in the bath (meaning that you had to hold it), no temperature control in the room and no option to sleep with just a sheet, as there was just a covered duvet...it was a bit warm! But those minor things aside, this was a really cool, chic, posh feeling place to stay, and I'd love to go back.