Hotel Vintimille
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
Hotels.com
US$292
US$230
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$243
US$235
Melia.com
  • Room Service
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2011

be aware! in this hotel they steal your stuff, even your clothes or documents. when asked, the hotel staff say that they throw it away in the garbage can. it is horrible, the room is too small, smells terribly and everything in the bathroom is broken. even the TV cable is broken. the rooms and baths are very dirty, the maid kept on spreading her hair everywhere. despite it's good location and cheap price I don't recommend! unpleasat staff!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chloe2011
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, literally as a base to go sightseeing and enjoy the nightlife. I'm not fussy when it comes to hotels, but this place is not great. As i say, if you only want somewhere cheap to sleep and will not spend any other time here (as we did) it is fine. Its a three minute walk from the metro station with connections to all the major sights, and also the same area here are a number of restaurants and bar, which was great. The room was small, with no tea or coffee facilities, no hairdryer and a tiny bathroom which was a little unclean. Bed was comfy and the sheets were clean, but if you like to spend a lot of time in the hotel I wouldn't bother. Hotel staff were friendly enough, speaking broken English, and gave me a cork screw on request even though our languages were a bit lost in translation. In brief it is a cheap hotel, with excellent metro links nearby in a lively area, good base for sightseeing and if you enjoy a few beers in a bustling area. Would not recommend for lengthy stay if you expect luxury, because its a bit grubby around the edges.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikey_dobla
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I was a little bit worried about this hotel based on the reviews here.. but luckily we found out that Hotel Vintimille is just what you can expect from a typical Parisian two star hotel - the beds were clean, the toilet was satisfactory and despite a few wear and tears here and there the overall feeling was that it was just what we paid for. The location is excellent near Place de Clichy and the staff was helpful. The Pigalle area did not bother us at all, since the hotel is on a quiet street and the views from the lovely Parisian windows were just oh so lovely! I would be more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn´t need someone to carry the bags, fancy pool or boring chain-hotel feeling!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TKPT74
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Cancelation policy, staff, language:
We first reserved using this hotel's special offer due to the price/lcation without checking the comments left by other travellers. When reading the bad reviews we tried to cancel - I first called, then send a french speaking friend by, then wrote two emails. Till my last email the answer was always no problem, you can cancel. But my last email, written in french and demanding a written answer they said a cancellation was not possible.
--> Advice: Get written answers quickly, if you do not speak french you may have great difficulty sorting things out. The responsible person is only there from 9am to noon. All the other time there is a "guard" who is usually friendly but not very helpful unless you just need your key. CANCELATION POLICY: IF YOU BOOK THE SPECIAL PRICE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND FOR NO REASON!!

Location:
200 m to Place de Clichy, calm side street, sushi, bars, cafes, grocery and fruit shop within 25 metres. Good Bakery down the street. 2 Parking Garages 500 metres away in Rue Foret with 24 hour surveillance for 23 € per day with a discount for longer stays eg: 6 days cost us 98 Euros.
--> Excellent

Room and cleanliness:
We stayed in room 14 (biggest room in first floor) with app. 14 sqm + 4sqm bath. The other rooms on the floor are slightly or much smaller. There was no mold, no bugs, no rats, everything clean. I had a glimpse in two other rooms and they looked clean, too but I did not check out the bathrooms. Here is a important note: Each floor seems to have two rooms with a second window in the bathroom. Try to get one of those to be sure there is no mold. The room was not very pretty, but most things worked fine, there was an oil painting and the ceiling was adorned with stucco and rather high (2,70 meters) so you can sleep with the windows closed and still get enough air. The bed was comfortable, the TV was ok but with only a few channels. There is an elevator, even if its an old one. We have not tried the breakfast but I suggest to go down the street to the bakery and have your croissant and coffee there.
---> All in all a good deal for this price in the middle of Paris

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BavarianTraveller10
Reviewed 16 April 2010

This was my worst experience along all my holidays. I booked a room in this hotel based on the photo provided through a website which claimed that this hotel is a 3 stars one. I found that it is a hostel which charged me 70 Euro a night. The room was auful and bathroom was very dirty.
I looked at the pillow and there was an evidance that someone steeped on it with its shoes on. i complained to the hotel manager who refused even to provide me with another pillow. The attitude of both of the daily and the nightly managers are terrible. Nobody cares about what your complains. Because I paid in advance, the hotel manager didn't even bother listening to me. i spent the first night searching in the same area for a room in a different hotel or for someone sells pillows so that I can use to sleep.
Immagin the hotel is in a busy area of Paris which is full of bars and the outside doors of the hostel are broken and they use a stick to lock it.
Try to avoid this hostel as it is dicousting and awful.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo