“Not luxury but great location”
Review of Hotel Vintimille

Hotel Vintimille
Ranked #1,640 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Not luxury but great location”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Pricy for what it is but what isn't in Paris? 2 minute walk to the nearest metro and 5 minutes to the moulin rouge. Great location but not pretty! We never spend much time in the hotel so it was perfect for us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

From reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and Booking.com I was not 100% sure what to expect from this hotel however I was pleasantly surprised.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the beds were comfortable and as everyone says the location is good. You do get what you pay for. They do offer breakfast but it is in the basement of the hotel and the price is more expensive than what you would pay for breakfast if you go to one of the surrounding cafe's and sit in the sun.
The only thing that I was disappointed about was that I asked for a taxi to take me to the station as my bag was quite heavy but when the taxi arrived at the hotel it was already on Euros 8.50 (the journey to the hotel on arrival was only Euros 7.30) so I ended up paying a ridiculous fee. If you do want to get a taxi then just walk up to the high street and call one from there as it will be a lot cheaper.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelite9000
Murray Bridge, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a last minute booking and for a cheap hotel it was just right for me. All I needed was a shower and a place to sleep as I planned to spend my days out exploring. There was a tv, single bed and desk and chair in my room and a seperate bathroom. The bathroom was a very small but was clean and tidy and there was always plenty of hot water. No English programs on the TV and even the subtitles were in French so unless you can understand the language its only good for pictures and background noise. I didn't try the breakfast (€9 extra per day) and instead I had supplies in my room from the little supermarket 2 minutes up the road to eat on the go. Its close to the moulin rouge and there were metro lines not far away which made touring around Paris quite easy. Reception staff were friendly and helpful as were housekeeping who serviced the rooms daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel was great. A simple hotel in the perfect location for visiting Paris. This building in the Opera neighborhood is old and the room we had was not particularly nice but the mornings were so peaceful and full of light. I loved the windows and the feel of this hotel. The walls were not very thick and the bathroom was aged, but it was functional and very clean. There is a nice coffee shop in front of the hotel where we used to have breakfast before starting our touristic day. Totally recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julia C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Booked through hostelworld so not expecting mircales. We have stayed in hostels and budget hotels all through europe, but this is a new low. Tiny, dingy room with barely enough space to walk. Mouldy walls that have been badly covered with cheap wallpaper, and a dank mould-filled bathroom, which constantly seems wet, smelly and slimy. Bedding that smelt like cigarette smoke. Do yourself a favour and book somewhere else. The front desk was really unhelpful; they made fun of our attempts to speak french and told me they did not speak english.... Until they wanted to communicate something to us, at which point they spoke perfect english!!
It was so bad we considered booking a different place for our last night and just sacrificing the money we had paid....

2 Thank rhiannon83

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 April 2013

If you're the type of person to hang around a hotel all day, don't stay here. But, if your'e like me and leave first thing in the morning and returns late at night this is a great hotel. First. Yes it's shabby: carpets are frayed, dark hallways and maybe a little dust; but for 65 euros a night, I don't care. The room was simple,but clean. The lock on the room looked like it could be easily kicked in, but I I don't leave anything in the room I can't afford to lose. The neighborhood felt safe and the staff were very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo