“Missed bike tour”

and up
Paris Bike Tour
Ranked #12 of 150 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Fat Tire Bike Tours offers guided English-speaking tours of Paris (day & night), Versailles and Monet's Gardens. Opened in 1999, Fat Tire has grown to become the largest city bicycle tour operation in the world as a result of excellent guides and outstanding customer service.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I were on a 10 night British Isles cruise in July and booked an 11:00am bike tour. Unfortunately we never made it to the tour. I booked an 8am train from Le Havre to Paris that should have gotten to Paris by 10:15 which left more than enough time to get to the bike tour meeting place. What I didn't know was that the ship time and the local French time differed by 1 hour making our arrival too late to get to the tour on time.
When I explained the issue to Fat Tire Bike Tours, they did not offer to refund the tour fees. While I do understand that they were following the published policy, I would have hoped for some discretion.
So be careful to ensure that the ship times match Paris time before you book tickets and time sensitive tours.

1  Thank Ophir D
Eva B, Customer Service Coordinator at Fat Tire Tours Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hello Ophir D,

I am truly sorry to hear you missed your tour with us. I understand that confusion regarding time zones can easily arise and it is a real shame that this resulted in you missing your tour.

We have a 72 hour cancellation policy, within which time we cannot refund the cost of the tour, however we are always willing to reschedule the reservation for any other day that we have availability.

I have emailed you to apologize for the lack of understanding displayed by the member of staff with whom you corresponded.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you in Paris on a future occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,689)
All reviews
"history lesson"
in 58 reviews
"boat cruise"
in 72 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 107 reviews
"major sites"
in 69 reviews
"tour group"
in 61 reviews
"train station"
in 96 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having done the Berlin all-in-one tour, I was disappointed there was relatively so little information on the night tour. However, the weather remained pleasant and it was really cool to cycle through Paris with such a great group of people - we really 'dominated' the road!

The best part for me was the second half after the ice cream trip - we heard some brilliant histories about Marie Antoinette and the revolution, brought to life as we stood outside the Palace of Justice before appropriately heading towards Place de la Concorde. The boat trip and wine (despite it not being the best I've ever tasted) being a fantastic addition to such a wonderful evening.

Thanks again Fat Tires!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

In mid July, we did the Fat Tire Bike Paris city tour with Carl as our host. Carl was informative and entertaining, and managed to keep us all together throughout the tour. The riding itself was mostly done at a leisurely pace so only a moderate level of fitness was required. Being the middle of July, it was very hot so the mid-tour refreshment stop at a cafe in the Tuilleries was much appreciated! The tour ended up going over time (which was fine for us) but those wanting to make plans for after the bike tour need to be mindful of this.

All in all, a great tour that provided a great introduction to the history and layout of Paris.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We didn't realize that you needed to buy tickets to the Eiffel Tower weeks in advance. So, Easy Pass was our way to get in. The skip the line tour was worth it to us. We started at their office and it is a short walk to the tower from there. Our guide was from the U.S., so of course, she was easy to understand. She was hooked to a microphone and each of us got a listening device so we could hear her, regardless of the noise around us. We still had to wait for the elevators, but she was telling us stories and info along the way which made it a bit less tedious. We did the sunset tour. It was well worth it. Seeing Paris at sunset and move into nightfall was amazing! We even got to see a rainbow over Paris since it had just rained!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We did a very succesful guided tour of the Louvre with two teenagers who normally have very little patience for museums. The tour was one and a half hour and was guided by Pavel, a very knowledgeable and entertaining guide. We highly recommend him. We saw many of the major highlights, Mona Lisa of course and the Venus of Milo etc. The sheer size of the museum is mindboggling and impossible to navigate without some guidance. If you are looking for a short and sweet museim visit that is nevertheless very professional Pavel is definitely the guide you're looking for and the address is Easy Pass Tours.