See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

i stayed here for 10 day.

reception can speak english and very helping.we can check in early.

room for family were comfortable and clean. fully kitchennet provided and we can cook our own.

no daily claening but it is okey.

baby cot are provided for free

nice location : a few step from bus station no 42 and 200m from dupleix station

monoprix or franpix were in walking distance (might take 3-5minit walking)

we enjoyed our stay and will want to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank eqachomey
Reviewed 8 December 2014

This is a copy of the email we sent to Adagio. It describes the hotel and the problems there. Please note that we never received a response from Adagio or Accor.
We sent this the second day of our stay. We are now back 3 weeks and still have had no response.

Hello,

We are currently staying at the Adagio aparthotel at 43 Rue St. Charles.
We stayed here before. It needed renovation then. When we made this reservation we were told that it had been renovated. It was not.
It may be advantageous for you to stop by and have a look at this sad excuse for a hotel, if you are not already aware of its decline. We are surprised that Adagio/Accor would even have their names associated with it.

Specifically: stained carpet, refrigerator missing a footing, stained sofa, stained and peeling ceiling, rusted bath tub, very slow drain in bathroom sink, heating unit detached partially from the wall in the bedroom, leaking coffee maker, cracked chairs at the dining table.

In this day and age of internet and sites like Tripadvisor, it would seem to work against the best interests of your company to keep a property in such condition.
We have spoken to the very helpful manager, Elizabeth, who will do all she can to make things right but is obviously hampered in her attempts by upper management or the owners.

Your response is appreciated.

The area is residential and quiet. The apartment could be fantastic with simple renovations. The staff is excellent.

We had considered checking out but fortunately, Elizabeth and the staff made it livable.

Room Tip: once renovated get a room on a high floor, good views. Note that the high floor has only 1 bedrooms not studios
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clownofski
Reviewed 27 October 2014 via mobile

We stayed here based purely on the location and it was a perfect place to stay.

On check in Matilda was very pleasant and took her time with us giving us directions to local restaurants and a place to get some groceries.

So here we go:
If you turn to the left you will see plenty of places to eat, as well as a small grocery store and a laundromat all within a 2 minute walk. There are also some bakeries and a few pharmacies. You'll find nail bars and hairdressers along here too. At the main intersection there is a metro station "Charles Michels" which is on line 10. Bus 42 runs straight past the front door of the Adagio which takes you to Paris train station Gare du Norde (but I didn't take the bus so can't comment).

When you get to the main intersection if you turn right and walk 5 minutes you will see Marks and Spencer which is fabulous for groceries and sandwiches as well as meals for the microwave. There is a cinema which is great and more shops and places to eat.

If you turn right from the Adagio and take the first sharp right this street will take you to another metro station "Dupleix" which is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle. This metro takes you to the RER which runs to and from Paris airport CDG. This metro is also 2 stops from the Eiffel Tower though it is only a 20 minute walk.

As for the room:
We stayed in room 602 which had a balcony and a view of the Eiffel Tower (I added photos of room 602) The room was equipped with a small kitchen, table, bed and TV (no English channels) The bathroom was standard. Overall the room was warm so we didn't need heating, bed was ok and we heard nothing from other guests. The whole building needs to be refurbished as it is very old and has water damage. That said, the location was the main attraction for us and that didn't disappoint.

This in an apartment so there is no daily cleaning however you can have this service for 15 euro. If you need a new set of towels that will ser you back 10 euro.

Lift works well and so does the wifi, we had no issues with connection.

The area is safe and I would stay in the area again and maybe next time the Adagio might be refurbished. I note there is a full new Adagio around the corner.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anniesbox
Samir T, Gérant at Adagio Access Paris Tour Eiffel Saint Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding renovation have therefore been duly noted.
We shall make every effort to remedy these problems and ensure that your next stay with us proceeds smoothly.
Kind regards,
Elisabeth BENOIT

Reviewed 25 July 2014

dirty, old, unsafe, inadequate personnel

even if the clean the room they never do the kitchenette, below my bed there was 1 cm of dust!!!
The neighborhood , close to the metro station, is not very safe, especially because afar 9 pm there is no reception; at those prices, much better a regular hotel

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ciub

Thank you for your comments.
We were extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of our establishment, and in particular with with the standards of cleanliness and upkeep of your bedroom. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We would like to assure you that the necessary measures have been taken with our housekeeper in order to improve the quality of the service we provide.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Access Paris Tour Eiffel Saint Charles.
Best regards
Elisabeth BENOIT

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I haven't even stayed in this hotel yet and I have received the worst customer service from them. I travel as much as I can with little money and this will be my fourth time in Paris. All my previous hotel visits have accommodated our needs when it came to changes to itineraries or reasonable requests. I booked this hotel at a Non-Refundable price and my girlfriend and I were originally okay with the dates that we discussed. But 30 minutes after booking the hotel my girlfriend was advised that she could not take any days off next January. So we had to make a change to our reservation fast. We looked at the information online on how we could handle this problem. It advised us that any change requests had to be communicated directly to the hotel. So we had the hotel contacted by the company that took our booking and they were led to believe that the date change to February would be ok. Since I had 24 hours to change or cancel my flight without penalty, I changed the date of the flight based on what the hotel staff advised my booking company. I requested an email be sent to me to confirm the change and never received it. It was one excuse after another and the manager never took ownership of our problem and attempt to resolve the issue. After calling my booking company multiple times, the hotel staff advised that they would not make the change. My booking company requested to speak to the manager and the hotel employee told my booking company to make their request by email. I work in a customer service environment and we would be reprimanded for this type of behavior and lack of customer service. It is a reasonable request to change the reservation dates from January 19 – January 26, 2014 to February 2 – February 9, 2014. I’m not asking for a lot. After reading some other reviews about this hotel, it confirms that customer service is not a priority at this hotel. I just hope someone from this hotel corporation with integrity and strong customer service skills will be understanding and resolve this issue. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple