“One day in Paris”

Ranked #72 of 527 Tours in Paris
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours in France with a professional licensed english speaking guide Wine-tasting sessions with a French graduated Sommelier from the French Wine University Gastronimoic excursions, Familly tours, museums Evening entertainments and special events
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One day in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was in Paris for business and had one day for touring. I wanted to taste Champagne and learn a little about the history. My mother and her friends had visited Paris quite some years ago and had a guide that they all fell in love with! His name was Steeve. She still had his email so I contacted him. I could not have made a better choice.

I took a private tour, visited a small and large producer and learned lots about Champagne and about France's history! Just what I wanted. Steeve was able to answer any question I came up with. And he recommended some reading for follow up.

My only regret is that I could not purchase more than two bottles to take home. It was a wonderful day and I recommend Steeve to any group, small or large. You will be glad you called him!!!

And, Steeve, I know you will read this....my Mom says, "Bonjour, Steeve!"

Visited April 2014

Bellaire, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful guide & a perfect host...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was my husband and my first trip to Paris & we were going there to celebrate my 40th birthday. We were looking for a private guide & found Steeve through Tripadvisor. After reading the reviews I decided to give him a try. We were so glad we did. Even before we arrived into Paris Steeve was very helpful and answered all my emails in a timely manner.

We had 2 wonderful days with him. We did the Paris tour and the Day tour to Versailles. He was very pleasant and personable, spoke english well and is really knowlegable about French history. His restaurant/ bistro recommendations were excellent as well, especially L'affriole. The food there was heaven.

We will definitely be looking Steeve up again on our future trips to Paris. And we'll definitely welcome him & his family if ever he makes a trip down to Texas.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sharon L
Waipu, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not only for Americans - he speaks Kiwi too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I are from New Zealand and we visited Paris in May and spent 4 days in total with Steeve.
We spent two days in Paris itself and two days driving to Honfleur on the Normandy Coast returning via Richard the Lionheart's castle and Giverney. In these situations you always worry about spending that much of your valuable holiday time with one person but we absolutely loved it.
Steeve instinctively knew when to talk and when to leave us to ourselves, his English was flawless and he even got into our Kiwi sense of humour which is quirky at the best of times.
It goes without saying that he has a huge breadth of knowledge on any subject you could name and will quickly sense where your interests lie. I, for example, am really into the history while Jo looks out for the amazing photo opportunity or wants to know about the local culture. Steeve would move effortlessly between these different needs to satisfy us both.
We are really looking forward to travelling again with Steeve in 2015.
Nick and Jo
PS - his taste in music isn't bad either! Crank it up Steevo!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank NickandJo369
Montgomery, Alabama
“Incredible Paris tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Steeve was an encyclopedia of French and American history. We completed all the major Parisian sites in under four hours. I would recommend Steeve and will use him again if in Paris.

Visited March 2014
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous Champagne Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My 21 yr old daughter and I just returned from a wonderful week in Paris. We found Steeve through another company and could not have been more pleased! Steeve picked us up at our hotel and we enjoyed wonderful conversation all the way to Eperney. He has spent quite a bit of time in the United States (speaks excellent English) and before we got to Champagne, we felt like he was an old friend! After a private tour of the Dom Perignon cellars and a fabulous tasting, Steeve recommended a local Champagne bar where we enjoyed six more tastings, made extra special by Steeve sharing his vast knowledge of champagne and the area. After a fabulous lunch, which he arranged in advance, Steeve took us to a smaller producer where we met and chatted with the owners and enjoyed two of their spectacular champagnes and a tour of their facility. Steeve knew everyone we encountered and was able to introduce us, which made the visits so much more personal. Knowing that we wanted to see a bit of the countryside, Steeve drove us right through the middle of the vineyards, where we took some fabulous photos. My daughter and I had been looking forward to this day and could not have been happier with the experience. We have taken many large and small group tours, as well as other private tours, and can say without hesitation that our day with Steeve was the BEST ever! After our tour, he took time to write down restaurant and shopping suggestions in Paris, which were all excellent. I only wish we had known about Steeve sooner so we could have booked him for all of our private tours. From now on, Steeve will be the first person I call when we begin planning our next trip to France and we are excited that he is starting his own tour company. Good luck, Steeve! Kim and Missy, Georgia, United States

Visited March 2014