“Best day in France”

Ranked #75 of 533 Tours in Paris
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours in France with a professional licensed english speaking guide Wine-tasting sessions with a French graduated Sommelier from the French Wine University Gastronimoic excursions, Familly tours, museums Evening entertainments and special events
Sunapee, New Hampshire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best day in France”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are looking for a tour guide who is personable,knowledgeable and extremely accommodating,Steeve Calvo is your man. Steeve was a pleasure to communicate with from the first e- mail and throughout our 12 hour day. We engaged Steeve to take us from Paris to Normandy - we being grandparents,parents and 3 teens from U.S. All of us agreed it was the best day of our trip to France .

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One day in Paris”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was in Paris for business and had one day for touring. I wanted to taste Champagne and learn a little about the history. My mother and her friends had visited Paris quite some years ago and had a guide that they all fell in love with! His name was Steeve. She still had his email so I contacted him. I could not have made a better choice.

I took a private tour, visited a small and large producer and learned lots about Champagne and about France's history! Just what I wanted. Steeve was able to answer any question I came up with. And he recommended some reading for follow up.

My only regret is that I could not purchase more than two bottles to take home. It was a wonderful day and I recommend Steeve to any group, small or large. You will be glad you called him!!!

And, Steeve, I know you will read this....my Mom says, "Bonjour, Steeve!"

Bellaire, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful guide & a perfect host...”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was my husband and my first trip to Paris & we were going there to celebrate my 40th birthday. We were looking for a private guide & found Steeve through Tripadvisor. After reading the reviews I decided to give him a try. We were so glad we did. Even before we arrived into Paris Steeve was very helpful and answered all my emails in a timely manner.

We had 2 wonderful days with him. We did the Paris tour and the Day tour to Versailles. He was very pleasant and personable, spoke english well and is really knowlegable about French history. His restaurant/ bistro recommendations were excellent as well, especially L'affriole. The food there was heaven.

We will definitely be looking Steeve up again on our future trips to Paris. And we'll definitely welcome him & his family if ever he makes a trip down to Texas.

1 Thank Sharon L
Waipu, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not only for Americans - he speaks Kiwi too”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I are from New Zealand and we visited Paris in May and spent 4 days in total with Steeve.
We spent two days in Paris itself and two days driving to Honfleur on the Normandy Coast returning via Richard the Lionheart's castle and Giverney. In these situations you always worry about spending that much of your valuable holiday time with one person but we absolutely loved it.
Steeve instinctively knew when to talk and when to leave us to ourselves, his English was flawless and he even got into our Kiwi sense of humour which is quirky at the best of times.
It goes without saying that he has a huge breadth of knowledge on any subject you could name and will quickly sense where your interests lie. I, for example, am really into the history while Jo looks out for the amazing photo opportunity or wants to know about the local culture. Steeve would move effortlessly between these different needs to satisfy us both.
We are really looking forward to travelling again with Steeve in 2015.
Nick and Jo
PS - his taste in music isn't bad either! Crank it up Steevo!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank NickandJo369
Montgomery, Alabama
“Incredible Paris tour guide”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Steeve was an encyclopedia of French and American history. We completed all the major Parisian sites in under four hours. I would recommend Steeve and will use him again if in Paris.

Visited March 2014