“Bad service and bad room”

Hotel Longchamp Elysees
Ranked #248 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We regret staying at this hotel, it really wasn't what we expected based on reviews. We wanted a double bed bed instead we were given 2 single beds joined together. The toilet was tiny, never seen anything like it (you could hardly sit on the toilet and this is coming from a small person, if your big keep away!).

The lady was extremely helpful at the check in desk & very friendly, but the gentleman called Munir was very rude (bit of a jobs worth) - he didn't let us sit at the breakfast table and have tea because we were not having breakfast from the hotel. This man took for ever to write out a receipt with every small transaction (bottles / snacks etc) - he would insist that you stand there waiting.

Location wise this was good as it is near the Eiffel tower and shops etc.

In conclusion would not recommend this place, but it depends what your expectations are.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotelonch, Directeur général at Hotel Longchamp Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear shezer,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your experiece on TripAdvisor, is really important for us to receive some feedback from our guests.

I would like to make it clear in order to answer properly to your review.

You booked a Twin room for two nights specifing that was your honeymoon trip.

Hotel Longchamp Elysees is always thankful to all guests that choose our place for a special event, therefore to let feel you better and comfortable, we decided to upgrade you and your wife (without any extra fee) to a Suite room.

Please also consider that all our suites have a big bathroom and this is the very first time that someone notify an issue with it. Be informed as well that in most of 3* and 4* hotels in Europe, are used 2 single beds to make a big one (is a way to revert rooms in case they need to be switched in Twins).

More than 90% of our clients reccomend this Hotel especialy for its location and excellent service, as you noticed with the lady at the reception. If we didn't center our main goal (to let you feel home) we are sorry, but bear in mind that Mounir is not working full time, he only makes some rarely substitution. Nevertheless your comment suprise us a lot, because he is a very quiet person; anyway from now ahead we will act to prevent future issues.

All our team, thanks you very much and send to you our best regards

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed with my colleague and the hotel was perfect. Very close to the City Center but more importantly
- fantastic service from the husband and wife on the front desk
- lovely rooms - clean and newly decorated

I will be staying at this hotel for any future business trip in Paris.

I've stayed in a few over the years, but this for me was the best

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotelonch, Directeur général at Hotel Longchamp Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Craig,
Thanks a lot for this lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We always eager to excel and to offer the best quality service for our guest. Comments like yours let feel us very happy of our job!

For all business travelers like you we have got special offer valid all over the year, so please contact the reception to have the best business rate.

We hope to welcome you soon for your next trip to Paris.

All the Best!

Enzo & Christine

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed in 7 different hotels traveling through London and France and this was my favorite one! Awesome location. It's extremely close to the metro and if you walk a few blocks you get a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower. My sister, my friend, and I arrived at the hotel at 10AM and they were kind enough to hold our luggage for us until our room was ready so that we could roam Paris. The rooms are extremely clean and very nicely decorated. We stayed in a triple and the size of the room and beds were perfect! I will definitely stay here again if I'm lucky enough to go back to Paris one day. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bethany C
Hotelonch, Directeur général at Hotel Longchamp Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Bethany C,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a great review on Tripadvisor.

We are more than happy knowing that we won this special competition and that we are your favorite hotel during your last trip!

The hotel was recently fully refurnished and is ready to welcome family and friends traveller in our triple or quadruple rooms.

We look forward to welcome you again.

All the best!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was perfect!! How can you beat fresh linens every day and the ideal location??!! The rooms are small but comparable to any big city, but decor was all new and beautiful, lovely bathroom, and great breakfast. The best part for us was the unbelievable location: walk 1 1/2 blocks to Ave Kleiber with lots of cafés. To the right 3 minutes walk was Trocodaro with the BEST view of the Eiffel Tower as well as a Metro stop. To the left, 6 quick blocks and you're at the Arch de Triumphe. I had no idea that the location would be so great which to me is the most important in a city like Paris.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, as were the servers at breakfast.
I would heartily recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Martha Sue B,
Thanks a lot for your lovely and kind review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate that our guests want to share their experiece.

As you already mentioned, the Hotel is completly renovated and clean. We are very proud of our location, is probably on of the best in Paris.

All our staff send to you a warm hug and hope to welcome you soon one more time.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our second visit to Paris and we stayed at Longchamp Elysees again. Convenient location. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and made our stay comfortable. Will recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay there again in our next visit.

C. Collure

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chandrima C,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor. We are more than happy to know that you choosed Hotel Longchamp Elysees for the second time, you can probably appreciate the result of renovation works.

Remember that booking direclty with us you have always the best available rate.

All our staff send to you our best regards and hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

As I was in Paris due to my work duties, this hotel was chosen due to its great location. Close to my meeting's venue and close to the centre as well. So after work I could go for a walk to do some sightseeing :-) The hotel has very friendly staff, who were very pleased to help me with my questions. The room was small, but who cares....it was meant for sleep and I had really good sleep there. ;-) The only disadvantage during my stay was the wifi connection. It was for free, by the network did not work. I asked the hotel staff, but they did not know how to solve the problem. But after all, I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel and definitely will come here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hotelonch, Directeur général at Hotel Longchamp Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Petka,
thanks a lot for you review on Tripadvisor. Such a great review motivate us a lot!

Exactly like you, a lot of people come to our Hotel for business trip and appreciate the location, the design and the comfort.

I'm sorry to know that it was an issue with the wi-fi connection, but I can ensure you that it was and isolate one. We normally never have this kind of problem.

I hope you to see once again in the near future.

All Hotel Longchamp Elysees staff sends to you our best regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Pros: Great location. Staff nice. Contemporary room fit out.
Cons: V small room. Bathroom disfunctional

Room 503 is SO small that it is IMPOSSIBLE for an adult to sit on the toilet. This is a FACT. this hotel was fine but that fact was not. Whoever designed the room layout cannot really just ignore that the seat of the toilet stops a matter of inches from the wall. It is not acceptable.
The rooms were fairly quiet but i do take issue that the hotel management corrected a reviewer to say that the rooms were sound proof as if to suggest that they were making it up as i did also hear similar sounds from the plumbing in the adjoining rooms. I am really just making that point in case the management try to suggest that the toilet issue in 503 is not true in this case.

Room Tip: Not room 503.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mickser,

Thanks a lot for your review on Tripadvisor is really important for us to receive some feedback about our job.

As you probably have seen, Hotel Longchamp Elysees is fully refurnished. I personally managed the renovation works and tested the toilet seat of room 503. I'm 190 cm tall and I can confirm you that is absolutely POSSIBLE to sit on the toilet.

Is a fact that room 503 is the only single room we have and that is perfectly regular with Paris standard sizes for a single room (10 square meters). If for your next stay you wish to have a bigger room with a bigger bathroom, we have got double room (12-14 square meters) or superior room (16-18 square meters).

Please consider that our building is a charming old building in one of the most picturesque area of Paris. You probably noticed that saying that our location is simply GREAT!

I can also confirm that all our rooms are soundproofed thanks to the moquette for the floor, the double-glasses for windows and the door to separate the bathroom from the bedroom.

All Hotel Longchamp Elysees staff thanks you for your nice words and hope to see in the near future.