“Cozy hotel in the heart of 19th arrondissement”

Hotel de la Perdrix Rouge
Ranked #1,225 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Helsinki, Finland
“Cozy hotel in the heart of 19th arrondissement”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed a weekend in this little hotel just next to Jourdain metro station. The building is placed next to a small but beautiful cathedral! Nice view! Staff was very friendly and spoke English well. Room was quite small, but very clean. Beds were comfy and bathroom clean and neat. Opening the window to the street first gave us the impression it might get too noisy, but the room was proven to be sound proof. We really loved the neighbourhood. Lots of street cafes, mostly crowded by locals, small shops and restaurants, and just few mins down the road you could see the Eiffel in the distance (near Pyrenees metro station)! Awesome view, especially at night. Access to down town Paris was simple by metro, and only took some 15-20 mins.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank 1984MariE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Culemborg
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night during a quick trip to Paris. The hotel is very basic but clean and comfortable. Possibly the best breakfast I ever had in a hotel in France, for only a couple of Euro's more! The hotel is really good concidering the two stars. Rooms are small but cozy, the bathroom is clean and just renovated. Too bad there is no clip for the showerhead.

No newspaper in the morning, a water boiler, an ironing service or a room bigger than your own living room. I had no experience with 2 star hotels before, but I must say I did not miss any of those things! I appreciated my stay and the hotel as it was. Very friendly staff, someone attending the front desk 24/7. Even WiFi is available for free, just ask for your code at the front desk.

The neighbourhood is nice as well with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. The metro is really nearby taking you to the center of Paris within minutes.

I think this Hotel will not let you down, even when you have the funds to book a stay at a more expensive hotel. I choose this Hotel because of bad experiences earlier in Paris, and the reviews were pretty good for this one. And I want to contribute to that. I have stayed in much more expensive places, in the heart of the center, but none of them as good as this little gem. You know what they say, appreciate the small things!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Simmie77
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good value with a comfortable bed, and although the rooms are small that's par for the course for most Parisian hotels. Set opposite a church, by a metro station, with a Japanese restaurant and a good looking bar next door. Friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Krishan A
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It took me a while to decide whether to rate this place as "very good" or "average". I ended up on very good, because it fulfilled its promises: budget accommodation in central Paris. Among other two star establishments in Paris, I think this place offers good standard of service. For the price we payed, I wasn't expecting much, but was happily surprised by the cleanliness of the room. Especially the bathroom was very clean and seemed recently refurbished. It was also very big, almost the same size as the rest of the room. There's an old church right next to the hotel. Our view was onto a backyard, but from the floor-plan it seemed like most of the rooms had a nice view of the church.

An other great thing about this place is its location. It's literally right next to a metro exit and with a few changes on the metro you can get anywhere in Paris. The area around the hotel has a nice local vibe to it. Lots of small shops selling bread, meat, fish, chocolate etc. Especially one cheese shop had the nicest personnel ever. They were helpfully explaining us about different cheeses and packed the ones we chose sous-vide so that they'd stay good until we got home. There's also Monoprix and Nicolas for wine and champagne around the corner. Restaurants and bars are also quite easy to find in the neighborhood. We tried the one right next to the hotel which had most welcoming and sincere owner ever. Food was good quality for the price and the place was so nice that we ended up going for drinks there on another night too. We felt we had the most genuine service in this part of town, probably because people aren't tired with tourists yet.

The reasons why I hesitated between "very good" and "average" were the plainness and the size of the hotel. The furnishing of the room is very, very basic and seems old. The wardrobe was the smallest I've ever seen and there was only one hanger for two people. Bed was comfortable and there's a flat-screen TV though. Our room was very small, even by Parisian standards I think. The elevator was tiny. We couldn't get in to the same elevator with our luggage, and my friend and I are quite fit and traveled with smallish suitcases. But the building is old and narrow so you can't really put a big elevator into it. We took it as part of the buildings charm and used the stares instead. Building isn't convenient if you have moving constraints though.

So if you're looking for a basic and clean place to sleep for a budget price in central Paris, then this might be your place. But don't expect anything above basic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank HSuomi
Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel is good, very clean, and what I really appreciated was the very helpful staff. I arrived in Paris a week earlier than originally planned, during an extremely busy time, and all hotels in my price range seemed to be full. I had my room at Perdrix Rouge for only 3 nights, and they were booked solid after that for the remainder of the week. One of the people at reception was wonderfully helpful, by calling their affiliate hotel and managing to secure a room for me for the 4 nights after my stay at Perdrix Rouge (I had to change rooms at the other hotel 3 times because of their bookings, but it wasn't a problem). He saved me a great deal of time and stress, and he was extremely cheerful and helpful. The hotel is in the Belleville area, which is one of my favorite parts of Paris, and yet only a few metro stops to places like Republique and Chatelet des Halles. Very convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank LGRTL
Mantova
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights.
The room (for 3 people) wasn't very big but was clean and so the bathroom. Towels were changed daily.
The staff was kind and helpful.
I found especially convenient the position as the metro was very close to the hotel and the area was quiet and offered many supermarkets and shops.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carolars
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The hotel was comfortable, clean and very very convenient to access the Metro. Had some good bars nearby. The bathroom and shower was much bigger than we were expecting based on previous reviews! The room was cleaned every day and towels changed if indicated every day. The lift was very small but a help to take the luggage up as were on the 3rd floor! A small drawback was the noise from garbage trucks in the early hours of the morning.

The staff were polite and helpful with directions. Would stay here again if visiting Paris.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back!