Hotel Stanislas
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The room and the whole hotel were very dirty and old.
The toilet was so small that, closing the door, it was even impossible to sit on the WC!
The bed was dirty and in the hotel there was a bad smell.
The only advantage was the location, but staying in this hotel was a terrible experience: don't go.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Jojojo2012
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here recently for about 4 nights, my friend having chosen and booked this hotel for us. It's definitely inexpensive for Paris, but that's about as far as it goes. The STAFF were very nice, so I thought, but then the last day, an older gentleman at reception, who had been friendly and courteous previous days, suddenly turned grouchy... he was actually mad at us for not carrying my large suitcase down 4 flights of stairs (we are 2 small women, and I actually think this would have been dangerous had we tried), he was also annoyed that I asked to carry the bag down from my room AFTER he had called the taxi (it took about 2 minutes to get the bag), and he also grumbled to me about my friend never smiling right in front of her, though she couldn't understand because it was in French (also he spoke not a word of French).

In addition, the BATHROOM was quite dirty, even for a budget hotel, and I'm not terribly fussy. And there was NO DOOR on the bathroom, just some kind of plastic sliding gate...never seen anything like that before.

No A/C.

WIFI was so slow as to be virtually unusable.

And finally, it's right across the street from a large high school (or college, couldn't tell) and the students woke us up very early one morning around 5 or 6 am congregating and doing some kind of chant as part of a demonstration or student games (it was difficult to discern). I don't know if this is typical, but it was quite unpleasant and impossible to block out out the NOISE. They had a bullhorn! The NEIGHBORHOOD is somewhat convenient in that there are some restaurants and shops close by, and there are 2 metro stops within a couple of blocks. Other than that, I thought it was a bit of a hike to place I actually wanted to visit. All in all though, location wasn't too bad.

MORE CONS than PROS. I would not return, and I think you could do better, even for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Roamey
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My son and I stayed here at the end of October through the beginning of November 2010.
Though not fancy, the rooms were roomy enough, comfortable, warm and cozy, and we had free internet for those few VERY rainy days.
What sold us most on the place was the VERY friendly owner and his staff. Each morning and evening, they greeted us like we were family, and even taught us a bit more French than the tiny bit we knew, with sly humor kind lof like a grandpa might teasingly do.
My son and I walked nearly everywhere so as not to miss a single sight; however, the Hotel is VERY convenient to the subway system! It is right there outside the front door, and around the corner!! It is a perfect neighborhood, and close to anything you'd want to see and do.
When we left, we recieved warm hugs and the European kisses on each cheek and were asked to come back next time we visit Paris. We will!!!!
LOVED this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sailingsusi
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We stayed a week in 2009 and again in May 2010, and we're sending our son and daughter there this summer. This will be their first trip to Paris and we know the staff will be helpful. "The Stan" feels like home away from home. The friendly proprietor and convenient location are more important to us than having a fancy room. The rooms are small and everything definitely looks old. But it's clean and the beds are comfortable enough. There is no elevator but the staff helps with luggage. When we left on some side trips the hotel stored our luggage until our return. They made phone calls for us to check on whether a museum was reopened after renovations. You get a croissant and baguette with butter and jam and strong coffee to get you going in the morning. We'd gather for wine and beer with locals at night. Wonderful restaurants are within quick walking distance. Try the street vendor's crepes when coming home at night!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2fromsa
Reviewed 27 September 2008

I spent 1 night here in September 2008. The hotel's biggest asset is its location-- in a beautiful neighborhood and very convenient for lots of Left Bank sites, including the Luxembourg Gardens. My room was very basic and the furnishing was faded and worn. (Peeling wall paper, broken glass in a picture frame, faded carpeting.) Most importantly, the sheets were clean and new-looking. The bathroom was a bit mildewy, but clean and adequate (with a private toilet and shower). There was even a hairdryer in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is no elevator in the hotel. Hotel Stanislas is an okay budget option, especially given the location. But it could use just a bit of work to make it more comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business