“Our Place in Paris” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel de la cite Rougemont
Ranked #414 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
“Our Place in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was on a group trip to Paris, and the trip organizers arranged for us to stay at the Hotel de la cite Rougemont. We were there for a week. It was a beautiful week. We had lovely balcony picnics and enjoyed the authentic Parisian feel of our view of the street. The room was small (as all but the most pricey hotels in Paris are) but very clean, very new-looking and extremely cute. The concierge were very helpful and friendly. We actually loved our stay so much that when we came back to Paris a few weeks later upon returning from the south of France, we stayed here again. And the woman who checked us in the first time was there, and remembered our names! And, staff will let you keep food in the kitchen fridge and use the microwave if you need to, which was really helpful for us (we didn't want to eat every single meal at a restaurant).

The breakfast is not expensive, and it's not elaborate but it's a solid first meal of the day, I'd definitely recommend it.

The hotel is really close to the big Grands Boulevards stop, and also close to Bonne Nouvelle. It's very easy to get around the city on the metro from here.

Room Tip: I'd recommend requesting a balcony - the rooms that look onto the courtyard are not so scenic!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alynnhudson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

More than happy to recommend this hotel for a teenage family (party of four) - everything was as promised in our family room. Staff extremely helpful - excellent English speakers. Well located for everything you wish to do in Paris (e.g. Louvre, Eiffel, Versailles, shopping, Latin Quarter, Montmartre, etc.)

No air-conditioning but good quality fan in room

Car-parking in secure nearby car park (2 streets away) at 50% reduction - €21per 24hours was the reduced rate at the time of our visit

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronnie C
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My friend and I were travelling around Paris and selected this hotel that was part of a package. Upon arrival, the receptionist had asked if we really wanted a double bed but we had wanted twin beds. He then called the house keeper to put a little divider and give us separate sheets.

Lobby area
The elevator is pretty small but it fit two people and medium suitcases. Which is not bad since I have stayed in a place where the elevator was broken. The lobby is pretty modest but it has everything that you need, such as maps, and seating. The hotel offers free Wifi in the lobby and your room, but when you register, I noticed that it only gives you 4hrs of usage, which if you disconnected, would allow you more than then if you left it on. There was one main receptionist that was totally awesome. I didn't catch his name but he was so polite.

Room
We had a television, a table and the double bed. The room was cozy, and the washroom was an interesting design. It was cleaned everyday by housekeeping. Our room was on the first floor (the lobby is floor 0), and we did not have air conditioning. We did have a fan inside instead, which was taken away mysteriously after our room had been cleaned by house keeping. Somewhere between 5-8pm, and when we called reception, the reception of that shift did not know what had happened to our fan. That was the roughest night of sleep since we had to open our window wide and someone was blasting a song on repeat. We did let the receptionist know in the morning and we received a new fan. I would have given this hotel a 5 star but because our fan mysteriously disappeared, I'm giving it a rating of 4.
When our neighbour arrived, we could hear the door open and slam, but I'm not sure if that's because the hotel has thin walls or our neighbour was loud.

Breakfast
It came with a breakfast served starting from 7am and until 10am(?). It was a croissant and a small baguette with jam and butter. You may ask for coffee. This was seriously the thing I looked forward to most in the morning. My way of travelling is early and a long day, so not thinking about breakfast made is so good. The breakfast is simple but I really appreciated this.

Accessibility
The hotel is very close to many things. The closest station is Grands Boulevards on Line 8 and 9. Also, if you walk West for about two blocks, you will be at Opera and Lafayette.

What I like most about Hotel de la Cite Rougemont is the fact that it was close to everything. This is my third time in Paris but my first time around this area. I felt like I was able to walk around more, especially to the Opera area to go shopping at Lafayette. The station was pretty easy to find. Though I do think Lines 8 and 9 you would have to transfer if you want to go to more of the south area. Also I appreciated the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Choco_robba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The hotel lobby might fool you when you arrive at the hotel, but the rooms are newly renovated, modern, clean and comfortable. This is good value for your money. It is close to several places to eat and two metro stations so it allows for easy access when you want to explore sites and attractions through-out Paris.

• Stayed July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Just got back from 3 nights at this hotel spent with my daughter exploring Paris. We were lucky enough to have a balcony room which gave us a lovely place to sit out in the heatwave. The hotel is in a quiet gated road and we were able to walk straight there from the Gare duNord, and indeed we walked to most of the tourist places as they were mostly within a half hour walk. We even walked back from the Eiffel Tower after the fireworks on Bastille day (90 mins) as there were no trains. The location is peaceful and French, and we felt safe walking back late at night. The room was well decorated and laid out, the shower was good and the bed comfy. The breakfast was I imagine, the same continental breakfast that you would get in any French hotel, and was perfectly adequate. The staff were were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DIANE B
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 boys (7 & 10), and we booked the hotel Rougemont for three nights after landing at CDG. I booked the quad room, and actually booked for one night earlier than our arrival in order to ensure we had a room to crash in after our overnight flight from Montreal. The hotel is easy to find and close to the Gare du Nord, handy for arriving from CDG on the RER, as well as leaving for London on the Eurostar. The hotel is very typical of many small hotels in Paris, the rooms are small, but neat and tidy, with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are small but again, neat and functional, but if you've come to Paris to stay in your room, you need counselling. We were in room #62 on the top floor, great breeze through the 2 big windows, and the stairs provide a good workout. The elevator functions perfectly, but like most in Europe, is pretty tiny. Staff is very helpful, and they offered us a breakfast - even after arriving a good 30 minutes later than the posted breakfast time, on the day of our arrival - unprompted. Location is excellent, a few hundred feet from a main thoroughfare and a Metro stop. It is also in a neighbourhood rich in restaurants, bars, pubs, and grocery stores, and a 10 minute walk from a brilliant closed-off street, teeming with cafes, boulangeries, charcuteries and restos.
We're from Montreal, so we have the best of both worlds - we speak French and enjoy the excellent food, but we also have a great appreciation for large American-style, chain-type hotels. Hotel de la Rougement definitely does not fall into the latter category, but it is charming, well located, priced right, and is absolutely on my list of go-to spots in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JEDWARDRAZA
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband & I stayed here during the beginning of July for 4 days. It was our first visit to Paris, and I was so happy with it. I was having trouble finding a hotel within our budget that had a great location and good ratings, then I found this lovely hotel. It's pretty much in the middle of everything and has a couple different Metro stops near by. The hotel is off a small, quiet street with cafes and restaurants near. The staff was so friendly and were always willing to help when we had a question. They even looked up information for us on their computer. They also spoke English very well.

Our room and bathroom were small and simple, very average for Europe. However, it was very clean, which was really important for me. We weren't planning on spending a lot of time in our hotel, so a simple room was fine for us. The bed was decent and we had a small TV in the room. There was also a little closet space and safe in the room. No air conditioning, but there is a fan in the room and it is quiet enough at night to leave the windows open if you need to. We had no problem with it being too warm. We had a nice balcony on the top floor. My only complaint would be the windows are very thin and one night our neighbors were talking out on their balcony, and while I was trying to sleep, I could hear their whole conversation like they were in the room with me. However, that was just that one night. The street is quiet and has no real noise during the night (my neighbors were just being noisy). I guess that is the same though with any hotel, if you have people being really loud outside.

When I booked the hotel, it automatically included breakfast, so we didn't have to pay extra for it. It was very simple: croissants, baguettes, butter & jam, cereal, orange juice, tea, and coffee. I don't know what they normally charge for breakfast, but they have a lot of cute cafes in the area where you could also get breakfast.

If you are looking for a simple, clean, and quiet hotel in a good location, I definitely recommend this place. For the price, it is pretty great. Not a luxury hotel, but it has all the necessities and a nice location and staff.
I will stay here again when I return to Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple