Sibour Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$224
US$189
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$318
US$302
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel was good at Breakfast with lovely crisp Baguette and tasty Croissants however, the dining room was a bit on the small side. As was the bathroom. The bedroom was ok, however it smelt of smoke and underneath my bed was broken plaster and an all manner of other things! There was a little courtyard by the window and all of the noise from other rooms was amplified, consequently I had a bad night sleep. The one plus was that we could recieve Wi-Fi in the reception and the hotel was central. It was near a few train stations and it was also very cheap!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank FaLavender
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have stayed here a number of times on my trips to Paris! Clean, friendly, cheaply-priced and close to numerous bars, restaurants and transport, with a major bus terminal at the end of the street, and the Gare de l'Est around the corner with the metro. A great base for sightseeing the city of lights. It offers all the basics bed and ensuite bathroom, which is all I want. Breakfast is available if you want it for an reasonable extra charge.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Piotr1306
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just a stone throw away from Gare de l'Est and it is situated at a quiet side street. Very clean and safe double room. Room service everyday and the hotel staff is friendly. Not to mention the free wifi. Trust me it is hard to find a cheap, safe and clean budget hotel in Paris. This is a hidden gem. I stayed there twice in May and July 2011.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank PoohlingE
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This hotel was an absolute disappointment. I went with friends and stayed here with them but i had also been a few years earlier and stayed in a good hotel. I had to keep convincing my friends that this hotel was not Paris. We had one double in one room and two singles in an adjoining room. There was little space to breathe let alone live. We stayed at the hotel for four nights then travelled to Amiens for the dawn service, then came back to stay for a further two nights. The first few days we had a room with a window overlooking the street. The location of the hotel is opposite the side of a church.

I did not feel safe standing in front of the window brushing my hair, as I would get frequently spoken too by passers by. When we came back to paris after going to Amiens, we were given a room overlooking the courtyard (a square of cement and dustbins) where we also had the pleasure of 'seeing' this man who was also staying at the hotel (the window opposite us) which was keep open.... ugghhhh i am scarred for life! The hotel was within a few minutes walking from the metro and a train station. But when we walked from the metro to the hotel, every evening we would have to pass this dirty old bar on the corner of the hotels street. Every night the men would look us up and down and comment: "ahhhh the girls" in french.

The bathroom could barely pass as one as it was so small. I remember the first night we stayed there, my friends and i all had cold showers because the hot water tap wasn't working. The next morning the concierge came up to help us and exclaimed "ahh in this room, the hot water tap turns the opposite way, and you might have to wait a little bit". Thanks for telling us! There was also no bath mat outside the shower which could potentially have been very dangerous from the slipperiness.

I know that our horrible stay at this hotel impacted my friends opinion of Paris, i just hope it didn't impact mine.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank sophie S
Reviewed 17 November 2011

It's really awfully. In my bed was bedbugs. I was beaten. Dont go to this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo