“Seen better days”

Ranked #467 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, CA
“Seen better days”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed here several times and it can be wildly inconsistent. I have had a tiny room for two in the attic, this time a large suite. The staff overall is professional and quite pleasant. My only bad experience was a Sunday morning when we arrived for brunch at 9:50, and all of the food was taken away at 10. I was so shocked that I didn't say anything, although I eventually did write a letter and got an offer for a free brunch next time I am in Paris.
On the plus side the brunch is great,although expensive. The location is excellent, just across from the Louvre. The rooms are a little tired but comfortable. Although it wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay in Paris it's worth it if you can get a deal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnLosAngeles_CA
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear JohnLosAngeles_CA,

thank you for your review about your recent stay, particularly as a frequent guest of the hotel.

Though I am glad you had a nice Suite this time, I am sorry to see you encountered inconveniences when arriving for breakfast at the restaurant. I have already advised our Director of food & beverage in order for us to improve on the service.

Thank you again for your feedback and trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time travelling to Paris.

Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Given what this hotel costs and the location it has in Paris, I think it's appropriate - nothing special. If I critique it, here is where it could be better: pillows are foam, sheets are a bit rough and bathroom products are sub-par. The bathroom had some paint peeling off the ceiling so the maintenance of the room could be better. On balance, cost felt fair for Paris and for the location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JSM111
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear SuperPicky111,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry you were not impressed by your allocated room and regret to see your stay was impacted by maintenance issues.
For your information we do have an ongoing maintenance program, though in this case issues have been overlooked.
To give you more details about our pillows, we do offer the choice between foam and feather ones through Housekeeping service.

Dear SuperPicky111, I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for a better stay next time you are coming back to Paris.

nottingham england
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at the Westin Paris for two nights in March 2012 - lovely room, superb view and staff extrememly helpful and pleasant. Highly recommend

Dear MaidMarion48,

Thanks a lot for the nice comments about your room and for the service delivered by our teams!

Be well,
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Don't stay here if you're not close because you will be forced to be. The rooms are tiny! You don't get the best vibe from the staff, they are responsive, but not necessarily warm. Worst of all, hideous wi-fi charges and 8 euros for a lousy cup of coffee is hard to justify. All that being said, very clean rooms and the location can not be beat.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Cocomaryland,

thank you for your online review.

I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your allocated room this time.
We have a large variety of rooms and Suites on offer at the westin paris-vendôme and regret not to have met with you when you were here, as we would have found the proper room to suit your needs.
Please accept my apologies for our staff has not left a better impression on you, as we do all care about the well-being of our guests.

With this said Cocomaryland, I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to meet with you next time your travel plans bring you to Paris.

Best regards,
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We just got back from our stay at the Westin - all I can say is OMG - what a fabulous hotel. The customer service was beyond belief - from the Front Desk to the waiters at the Restaurant. They made us feel like Royalty. Our room was huge - it was on the fifth floor and had two little balconies where we sat a couple of times and had a glass of wine. It was so perfect. We were completely amazed at how outstanding it would be. I was most impressed with the waitors and waitresses at the restaurant - they made sure we were taken care of - and so polite and friendly and willing to advise as to what was really good on the menu and what wines were really good - of course I think it all was probably really good...but they were so kind to us in pointing out things. It is within walking distance to so many things - I walked over to the Orangerie and the D'Orsey and the Louve - the location is so great. But I think it was the customer service at this hotel that truly was wonderful and made our stay so great. Thank you Westin Hotel!!!!

1 Thank MsPoohBelle
Dear MsPoohBelle,

Wow! What a wonderful review!

Many thanks for your great comments! It is a real pleasure to see you had a such a great stay with us and could enjoy the breathtaking view from the two balconies!

Another thanks for the service delivered by our teams at Le First and at Front Desk.

All the best,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Positives:

1. Great location.
2. Lobby areas/general hotel atmosphere are all top notch.
3. Well appointed, albeit a bit tired room.

Negatives:

1. Room had no proper heating in Jan - so had to ask for a separate heater.
2. No hot water for part of my stay (i.e. no water coming out of the tap).
3. Overpriced: 1 night stay at a corporate rate = Euros 340.

Overall: Disappointing for the money

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear skippy-rates,

thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I am really sorry to learn you stay was impacted negatively by maintenance issues in your room and bathroom.
All our rooms follow an ongoing maintenance program, though regret in this case issues have been overlooked.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences encountered and I trust you will give us another chance next time coming back to Paris.

Best,
Scotts Valley, California
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Broken shower drain and tempermental toilet come first to mind from our visit here. For 800 euro a night per room, you would hope everything was in working order. We asked for single beds for my kids on our reservation but got two king beds, then the tub would not hold water because the plug was broken and in the middle of the night, our toilet wouldn't flush. Way too much money for the quality we got. The rooms look beautiful as long as you don't care about a functioning bathroom!

Dear Marisa S,

thank you for taking the time to post your review online.

I am sincerely sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and would like to apologize for all inconveniences encountered, particularly due to maintenance issue in your rooms and bathrooms. This is certainly not the impression we want to leave on our guests and does not reflect our high standards of quality and service.

I regret you have not contacted our manager on duty, who would have been able to assist to switch rooms if not possible to fix the issues.

With this said, dear Marisa S, I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time travel brings you back to Paris, in order we can demonstrate a much better quality of service.