“Exceeded our Expectations !!!”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #467 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
holmes beach, fl
“Exceeded our Expectations !!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me first say that we chose this property because of its proximity to the Louvre. We could walk there from the hotel .
When we arrived , we had reserved a junior suite, but to our surprise, we were upgraded to the Royal Suite, with a separate living room that was larger than our condo in Charlotte . It was elegant and wonderful and we asked for a later checkout since our tours went for quite a while and that too was a surprise. They gave us until 4 pm because we are SPG members.
Everything about this property was Elegant and the staff were above and beyond ! We travel quite abit and we will definitely recommend Westins from now on !

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Louvre and Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mayrealtor
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mayrealtor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

I'm delighted to know that you fully enjoyed your experience. It's always a pleasure to read such positive comments.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Be well,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned this week from a five night award stay at the hotel; it was my fourth or fifth time staying at the hotel so I had a decent idea of what to expect. This was, however, the first time that we were traveling with our daughter...a newly minted four year old.

I redeemed points for a Jr. Suite. I forget the number of points, but it was obviously higher than the standard room redemption rates. I went with that room because of our daughter. It looked like it would either have a pull out sofa bed, or at least enough room to comfortably hold a roll away bed. The 'view' Jr. Suites were not available for redemption when I made the reservation and, ultimately, never opened up.

I tried to apply my SNA's to the reservation; they ultimately were not confirmed. Looking at hotel inventory online, the hotel was extremely full. Turned out, there was a large conference at the hotel.

Upon arrival around 3:00, we were checked in. I was told that we'd been upgraded to a Prestige Suite. We really, really wanted a view of the gardens and tower, so I asked if another room was available that was a Jr. Suite or greater. The gentleman at the desk looked and checked with his supervisor, but came back with only the room we had been assigned.

The room was 2104 and had a courtyard view. It had a fairly large sitting room with a couch, desk, two chairs, TV and padded bench. There was a bedroom with two un-doored entries plus a third entry with a door...kind of an odd layout for the bedroom. There was a hallway with two large closets. The bathroom had a very nice shower, no tub, two sinks, and toilet + bidet. We pulled the bench out of the sitting room and put it in the closet hallway, and put the roll away bed up against that wall. It worked out great for us.

Breakfast for Plat is served in Le First...their restaurant. Hours were 7:00 - 10:00. I had asked about the breakfast and was told it was one hot beverage, bread and cereals but 'one egg would be no problem.' There was a huge buffet with more food than I could possibly describe and I did see some people ordering off menu. In the end, we ate whatever we wanted from the buffet. My daughter had fruit, cereal and breads. My wife and I had some eggs, bacon, etc. Each time we went to pay / leave we were asked for our room number and told 'all is taken care of, have a good day.' I've seen others on FT say the spread here is one of the best in all of SPG. It was nice, but nothing compared to the spreads I've seen/had in Italy (Westin in Rome, Danieli in Venice) and Germany. Don't get me wrong, it was good but I'd not call it great.

We ate in the Bar Tuilieries for dinner several times for dinner. Decent menu for a bar. We got the burger a couple nights. For us, ordering it well done is the equivalent of medium well in the US which is how we like our burgers.

This was an enjoyable stay and the larger room upgrade at check in was great. It is nice to see that hotels will still abide by that part of the Plat benefits even with the introduction of the SNA's. In general, I find European hotels to abide by those types of terms much better than their US counterparts.

I've not been disappointed with stays at this hotel in any of our visits. If we go back to Paris, which we will, we will most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room with a view of the Tuileries and the tower.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We like this hotel because it is right on the Tuileries, and we have kids. Generally the location is convenient for tourists, and a lovely area. The rooms are nice but small, but they have interconnecting ones, which is great. Bathrooms could use help. Service is generally good. Does get a lot of big groups, which can be annoying, and breakfast room is dark, crowded and only moderate. Overall though, nice for Paris.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank MrsMML
Bremgarten, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Outdated infrastructure, far away from being up to where the brand should be. Tiny little old fashioned rooms, rather dark and heavy atmosphere. Better go somwehere else where you have better service for less money.
Staff generally is friendly, food is ok. Definitely not a business hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank geilomeilo
Dear Geilomeilo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us.

We regret that you did not fully enjoy your experience. We take good note of your remarks however we believe we are proposing a good value for money within the area.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, in that case it will be a pleasure to be your host again during your trip to the City of Light.

With my best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a stay at The Westin Paris. We were there for a week with our 10 month old son and our stay was absolutely wonderful.

Yes, I do agree that the hotel needs updating and is definitely overpriced for what you get. We booked a junior suite and for $800 a night, I think the value wasn't there. Honestly, for the location and the price, this hotel should probably be a St. Regis and not a Westin considering the 5 star hotels that surround it, but I'm sure Starwood has its fiscal reasons as to why this is a Westin.

The hotel is pretty perfectly located right in the center of everything. The staff is INCREDIBLY courteous and friendly. We had a bit of health drama over the trip and my husband needed to see a doctor. The hotel quickly called a doctor who arrived at our door in under an hour. He saw my husband, prescribed medication, and the hotel helped us fill the prescription (again, very quickly). Unfortunately, in the middle of the night, my husband had a terrible allergic reaction to something and EMTs needed to come to the room and see to him to make sure it wasn't an allergy to the medicine (it wasn't, thankfully!). The woman who was the manager on duty that night was so incredibly helpful. She stayed with us, made sure everything was ok, helped keep our baby calm with so much calamity happening, and helped translate to ensure everything went smoothly. The next day, the hotel manager, Ines, left us a very sweet get well card and followed up with a phone call. I couldn't have asked for a better experience under such a dramatic circumstance!

All in all, I would definitely say this is one of the best hotel staffs I have ever encountered. They made our experience absolutely perfect and I cannot thank them enough for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear ValentinaDi,

Thank you for your review!

We are happy when our guests give us positive feedback but we are even more when it highlight some members of our team that we consider our most valued asset.

We hope your husband is feeling well since your departure. At The Westin Paris-Vendôme, as in all other Westins, our goal is that our guests feel well, relaxed, energized and leave the hotel in excellent shape.

I will share your comments with Inés and with the person who was on duty that night.

Thank again for your comments and for staying with us.

Be well,

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We came here with my husband for work. I booked our flights on Expedia for TD and could have got a room here for 380 euros had I booked it within a week of booking my flights. We had a concern about whether or not we could actually go, so we waited until we were sure, and then we used his (very, very large) company's corporate rate - 460 euros a night. We are in a bottom of the line room, which is a nice room, but knowing a) that I could have had it for 80 euros less per night and b) that I could have stayed at another hotel in the area for less than half the price (last time in Paris I stayed at the Prince Albert Louvre - significantly less luxurious, but WAY better value), has left a bad taste in my mouth. It is a nice place, although there are some things that need to be maintained (we have a big scratch on the bureau containing our minibar), and it is quiet and clean. The staff are very friendly, and it has a nice, airy lobby. The location cannot be beat. But the downside is the ridiculous price. It is in a great location, but this isn't The Ritz. Breakfast starts at 35 euros per person and when I asked the concierge to book some tickets for me, it was 8 euros per ticket. Even worse, they charge extra for internet access at this room level. So, they stick it to you for the room, and they nickel and dime you after that. I really like to travel well, and I like to travel economically. I don't see any point in paying these kinds of prices when I just need a place to lay my head at night (the bed here? Super comfortable and the linens are terrific!). When I come back to Paris, it won't be here unless they make their prices more reasonable (and if they did that, I would. It has a lot going for it).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SLT1962
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear SLT1962,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us.

I regret that you found the hotel expensive, we believe that we propose one of the best value for money within the area.

Please note that there is effectively charge for the high-speed internet connection in the rooms but we also propose an option that consists in a complimentary low-debit internet connection per day that our guests can use to check e-mails, surf the internet, etc.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to count you among our guests again in a not too distant future,

Be Well,

Nevada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic. It's close to the Louvre Museum and other popular attractions. There are also many boutiques and restaurants within walking distance.

Our room was comfortable and clean but a bit dark as it faced an interior courtyard. Be advised that when there is a private function downstairs, the music can be very loud and heard on the third floor. When we phoned the front desk at midnight, management offered to transfer us to another room. He informed us that there was nothing he could do and advised that the music would not stop until 1:30 AM. I was given the impression that this was common when the hotel hosted large parties. Although management was very apologetic, it was unacceptable....specially since we were paying over $900.00 per night. If you choose to stay on a higher floor, it's my understanding that the ceiling height is quite a bit lower.

The concierge and other hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend obtaining your tickets to the Louvre through the concierge. For an extra 8 Euros per ticket, you can avoid the long lines.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the interior courtyard don't have a view and tend to be dark.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple