The Westin Paris - Vendome
Le Meurice(Paris)
  • Pool
  • Pool
3,843 results
All reviewsheavenly bedspg pointseiffel towertuileries gardensplace de la concordejunior suiteconcierge deskbeautiful hotelan upgradeperfect locationhousekeeping staffinner courtyardlouvre museumchamps elyseessmall balconymacaroonsfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently stayed here with my daughter and then met my husband and son later in the week. My first experience was walking in jet lagged, seeing the wonderful location and beautiful lobby. Then, Claire, the assistant manager, came over to tell us that do to a delegation extending their stay (later found out that it was U.S./Russian meetings), would it be ok if we stayed at another hotel for one night. I was too fuzzy to even think to complain - good thing. We were walked over to the 5 star Hotel Le Meurice, given a beautiful room, points put back on our account and treated to breakfast there (46 Euros per person! Mon Dieu!) and then, back at the Westin, my husband and I were treated to an upgraded room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, By the way, ran into John Kerry and his entourage walking down the hall when we returned. Glad we could enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel and contribute to world peace! :) Aside from this experience, the concierges had wonderful recommendations for dinner and were very helpful. I would definitely return to this hotel even without a 5-star detour, (Do go to the Le Meurice and enjoy a drink in their beautiful bar but bring plenty of euros).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are sorry that we were forced to relocate your reservation for the first night of your stay and we are happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for your compliments about our staff that we consider our most valuable asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here with my wife, First class service, albeit a chain hotel this place is surprisingly quaint with a close attention to detail. Rooms are small but that is quite the norm for Europe. Great location. Breakfast is delicious, pricey as the rest of Paris. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I usually stay in the Latin Quarter but was booked here by other people. I was excited to stay in this area and the location is certainly great and allowed me to explore in more detail on foot, but I don't feel that you get sufficient value for money with this hotel. I have stayed in Westin hotels before and found them terrific, but this one was not up to standard. While acknowledging that it is built in a very old building, that doesn't excuse poor maintenance. We were overlooking the courtyard which meant no street noise, but the noisy traffic up and down the corridor all night wasn't great. This is a large hotel and Paris is a city where people stay up till all hours.
The breakfast buffet was quite dark and dingy and made it hard to see what there was. We were there during the French Open tennis and also some International Trade conference which also meant that the hotel had security guards and armed police hanging around. Not really a relaxing environment.
I cannot see what there is about this Hotel that warrants the price of the accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen S
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Ellen S,

I regret that you did not fully enjoy your experience. I'm sorry about the noise outside your room, we want our guests to experience relaxing stays in order to leave in a better shape than when they arrived.

We take note of your remark concerning the restaurant, the ambiance has been created by the renowned interior designer Jacques Garcia but we are sorry that you found it dark.

During the French Open, we effectively had some international delegations with more security agents around than usual, I'm sorry that you found this annoying.

Thank again for your comments and for staying with us,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a fabulous trip to Paris--largely in part to the Westin Vendome. My must haves for international travel: rooms service, great bath, great location. The Westin had all three plus the fabulous Heavenly bed/pillows. The location is perfect--we could walk most places, galleries, Louvre, etc. We had a lovely room, nice sized, overlooking Tuileries garden and the Eiffel Tower, with marble fireplace, beautiful interior, flat screen + luxurious marble bath We consider ourselves discriminating travelers and found the Westin Vendome to be five star. The room service was excellent--good food and really quick. We used the concierge service quite a bit and they were most helpful. And, when you ordered breakfast, or a wake-up call, and asked for 7:15 am, the service was provided at exactly 7:15 am....and we were there for 11 days. All of the staff from front desk to housekeepers to a/c engineer were prompt, friendly and dedicated. The thing I loved the most was the bath/shower....it had a temperature control gauge that you could set for the perfect bath. We went over to the George V for cocktails--it was prettier than the Westin, but not a $1000 a night prettier! We thought our room rate quite reasonable for this location. We plan a return trip and will stay again and this most accommodating hotel

Room Tip: The second you get there ask the bellman to take everything out of the refrigerator. Then go to a nearby grocery and get everything you need. The little groceries have fabulous bottles of red wine, many for $8 a bottle. Buy cheese, bread (water!) and you've got a picnic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank liz77006

Dear Liz77006,

Thank you for your very positive review!

It's always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback, we are happy that you fully enjoyed the experience. Thank you for your compliments about the staff that we will share with the teams.

We hope to have you again among our guests in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Location, location, location really sums up this hotel. It's close to all the major shopping streets, restaurants, Tuileries Gardens and metro stations. The building is lovely and La Terrasse restaurant is a beautiful place to enjoy a meal or drink in the summer months. My twin room was spacious for Paris standards and the beds were really comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family