“Paris at your feet”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #483 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you get a tuileries facing room, you can see the place de concorde, Eiffel tower and a lovely leafy canopy ( in season!) spread out at your feet. You can also walk to the other bits you cant see very easily. There are some nice staterooms with both faux and real 19th century gilding . The rooms are comfy enough, service is decent and the foods not bad - though this is Paris and you will be eating out a lot and not spending much time in your room. Its a big hotel so there are q a lot of conferences so bear that in mind if a foyer full of "suits" annoys you. All Parisian hotels are expensive and this isn't stratospheric. In conclusion there are few reasons not to make this your Parisian base for a few days.

Room Tip: facing the tuileries
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel really has the best possible location for sightseeing in Paris. We had a room overlooking the Tuilleries with a view of the Louvre. We loved standing on our balcony watching the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, etc. but it was really all about the location and view for me. The only negative thing that happened during our stay was that a staff person opened the door and walked in during the afternoon without knocking. The hotel is expensive, even for Paris, but it was a special trip for us that we will always remember.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Chaska_MNChaska,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are happy that you enjoyed our location, the room and the view however we regret the incident of the person who entered in the room without knockining. Please be assured that this is not the usual standards of service that we deliver to our guests and please accept my sincere apologies about this matter.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I HAVE STAYED HERE MANY TIMES AND EACH TIME I DO I PROMISE NEVER TO RETURN.

THIS TIME ,I MEAN IT ,NEVER AGAIN!

I am Platinum for life with Starwood and have Ambassador status. That means I stay more than 100 nights a year in their hotels and Starwood corporate assigns an Ambassador to you to manage your stays in their hotels.

I had a prestige suite with a king size bed confirmed when I received an email from my Ambassador that the hotel confirmed that they had upgraded me to an Ambassador suite.

I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Titika who said she remembered me from prior stays
at fashion week. when she told me that they did not have the Ambassador Suite I was promised,
I pulled out my cell phone and showed her the email from Starwood corporate confirming that they spoke to the hotel and confirmed the upgrade.

After reading the email,Titika said we sold that room, We never upgrade guests to that suite . Corporate should never have confirmed that to you.

So seeing that talking to her was a waste of time , I decided to go to my room and I asked her to confirm that the room had a king size bed as confirmed in my reservation. She replied ,yes.
I said not two singles pushed together but a real king? and she replied yes.

I went to the room to find a queen size bed!

I called Titika and told her that it was a queen size bed and my feet hang off the end of a queen bed. She then denied that she had told me 5 minutes earlier that the room had a king bed!
The room also had lots of mold in the shower(see photo) that obviously had been there for a very long time !

I asked to speak to the manager and of course he had gone for the day . The rooms control manager met with me and I told him of my experience . He seemed quite alarmed that Titika
lied to me about the King sized bed. Which is odd since they moved me to a bigger suite the next day with a king size bed.

The room was so noisy you couldn't sleep and as I tossed and turned I fell into this void in the mattress( see photo) . I got up and pulled the sheets off and imagine ,the bed was two singles pushed together.

Do you think the rooms control manager knew that when he acted horrified that Titika lied to me about the bed in the other room?

The service is terrible ,the rooms are terrible ,the common areas are dirty and worn out(see photos) !

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank TravelLikeaStar
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice, old world Parisian style, but also very expensive and formal. Excellent location close to the Louvre and high-end shopping. Easily walking distance to many attractions, restaurants, etc. It doesn't have the contemporary feel as most Westin's do, but you wouldn't necessarily expect that here either.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LVonthemove
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the place we stayed after the first leg of a Scenic tour. We were so amazed at the quality of the place and how close it was to good places to see. The rooms and the meals were first class. The prices were in the upper bracket but you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ted J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are happy that you fully enjoyed your experience for both room and meals sides.

Thank you for staying with us and for your very positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon in the City of Light!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently stayed here with my daughter and then met my husband and son later in the week. My first experience was walking in jet lagged, seeing the wonderful location and beautiful lobby. Then, Claire, the assistant manager, came over to tell us that do to a delegation extending their stay (later found out that it was U.S./Russian meetings), would it be ok if we stayed at another hotel for one night. I was too fuzzy to even think to complain - good thing. We were walked over to the 5 star Hotel Le Meurice, given a beautiful room, points put back on our account and treated to breakfast there (46 Euros per person! Mon Dieu!) and then, back at the Westin, my husband and I were treated to an upgraded room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, By the way, ran into John Kerry and his entourage walking down the hall when we returned. Glad we could enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel and contribute to world peace! :) Aside from this experience, the concierges had wonderful recommendations for dinner and were very helpful. I would definitely return to this hotel even without a 5-star detour, (Do go to the Le Meurice and enjoy a drink in their beautiful bar but bring plenty of euros).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are sorry that we were forced to relocate your reservation for the first night of your stay and we are happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for your compliments about our staff that we consider our most valuable asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here with my wife, First class service, albeit a chain hotel this place is surprisingly quaint with a close attention to detail. Rooms are small but that is quite the norm for Europe. Great location. Breakfast is delicious, pricey as the rest of Paris. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple