“good location, service, but too expensive”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #476 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Bregenz
“good location, service, but too expensive”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Old building, room first night very noisy, moved to better room, smaller but on 5th floor. Very friendly service and perfect location for Paris if ou want to move around by foot. Wifi 45€ for 3 days, way too expensive!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is in a great location in Paris. Almost all museums and monuments are within walking distance which is a plus.

Concierge was very helpful in recommending great restaurants nearby given we were in a touristy neighborhood.

Rooms were small (like most europoean hotels) but you aren't in Paris for the room, you are there for the sights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here with my family and was extremely unhappy. We specifically booked here because we're Starwood platinum and accepted the rating by Starwood. Also had friends stay here and recommend. The rooms are small and dark. The bath rooms have little or no counter space and the shower is extremely tight.. The TV worked only some times. The room was NOISY and WARM. We complained from day one that the air was not working well and they never fixed it. They offered us a fan which is infuriating when you're spending upwards of $600/per room per night. This hotel is a level 4 at best and should be priced as such. The location is great but this hotel is in need of repair. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tracy K
Julien K, Directeur général at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Tracy K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Westin Paris-Vendôme.

We value your feedback especially coming from a loyal Starwood customer. I am deeply sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during this stay among us and I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of The Westin Paris team. I read carefully your comments and I sincerely regret your disappointing experience with your room, TV and air conditioning. Please allow me to follow up on the important issues that you have raised. To do so, I would like to talk to you personally, so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to my personal assistant stephanie.leboulanger@westin.com and tell me how I can contact you, it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

With my Best Regards,

Julien Kiefer
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you get a tuileries facing room, you can see the place de concorde, Eiffel tower and a lovely leafy canopy ( in season!) spread out at your feet. You can also walk to the other bits you cant see very easily. There are some nice staterooms with both faux and real 19th century gilding . The rooms are comfy enough, service is decent and the foods not bad - though this is Paris and you will be eating out a lot and not spending much time in your room. Its a big hotel so there are q a lot of conferences so bear that in mind if a foyer full of "suits" annoys you. All Parisian hotels are expensive and this isn't stratospheric. In conclusion there are few reasons not to make this your Parisian base for a few days.

Room Tip: facing the tuileries
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chaska, MN
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel really has the best possible location for sightseeing in Paris. We had a room overlooking the Tuilleries with a view of the Louvre. We loved standing on our balcony watching the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, etc. but it was really all about the location and view for me. The only negative thing that happened during our stay was that a staff person opened the door and walked in during the afternoon without knocking. The hotel is expensive, even for Paris, but it was a special trip for us that we will always remember.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Chaska_MNChaska,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are happy that you enjoyed our location, the room and the view however we regret the incident of the person who entered in the room without knockining. Please be assured that this is not the usual standards of service that we deliver to our guests and please accept my sincere apologies about this matter.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Be Well,

Andres Lopez-Dafonte
Director of Rooms
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I HAVE STAYED HERE MANY TIMES AND EACH TIME I DO I PROMISE NEVER TO RETURN.

THIS TIME ,I MEAN IT ,NEVER AGAIN!

I am Platinum for life with Starwood and have Ambassador status. That means I stay more than 100 nights a year in their hotels and Starwood corporate assigns an Ambassador to you to manage your stays in their hotels.

I had a prestige suite with a king size bed confirmed when I received an email from my Ambassador that the hotel confirmed that they had upgraded me to an Ambassador suite.

I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Titika who said she remembered me from prior stays
at fashion week. when she told me that they did not have the Ambassador Suite I was promised,
I pulled out my cell phone and showed her the email from Starwood corporate confirming that they spoke to the hotel and confirmed the upgrade.

After reading the email,Titika said we sold that room, We never upgrade guests to that suite . Corporate should never have confirmed that to you.

So seeing that talking to her was a waste of time , I decided to go to my room and I asked her to confirm that the room had a king size bed as confirmed in my reservation. She replied ,yes.
I said not two singles pushed together but a real king? and she replied yes.

I went to the room to find a queen size bed!

I called Titika and told her that it was a queen size bed and my feet hang off the end of a queen bed. She then denied that she had told me 5 minutes earlier that the room had a king bed!
The room also had lots of mold in the shower(see photo) that obviously had been there for a very long time !

I asked to speak to the manager and of course he had gone for the day . The rooms control manager met with me and I told him of my experience . He seemed quite alarmed that Titika
lied to me about the King sized bed. Which is odd since they moved me to a bigger suite the next day with a king size bed.

The room was so noisy you couldn't sleep and as I tossed and turned I fell into this void in the mattress( see photo) . I got up and pulled the sheets off and imagine ,the bed was two singles pushed together.

Do you think the rooms control manager knew that when he acted horrified that Titika lied to me about the bed in the other room?

The service is terrible ,the rooms are terrible ,the common areas are dirty and worn out(see photos) !

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
15 Thank TravelLikeaStar
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice, old world Parisian style, but also very expensive and formal. Excellent location close to the Louvre and high-end shopping. Easily walking distance to many attractions, restaurants, etc. It doesn't have the contemporary feel as most Westin's do, but you wouldn't necessarily expect that here either.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business