“Paris at your doorstep! Perfect Location; Fantastic Customer Service”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #414 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Paris at your doorstep! Perfect Location; Fantastic Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Westin Paris in July in celebration of my sister's 50th birthday. (We each brought our daughters.) From our check-in with the SPG staff to the scrumptious breakfast and the tastefully decorated rooms, we loved every minute of our stay. Of course the location is amazing. Within walking distance from absolutely everything. I've stayed here several times and always had a great experience. I am SPG Platinum and they definitely treated us very well. It's true the hotel is on the pricier side, but in my opinion it is worth it. Some reviewers have suggested the rooms are very small, but I find them consistent with other high-end options in Paris. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Set next to the Tulleries Gardens between the Louvre and the Place de Concorde the Westin Vendomme is a great location for visiting Paris. It is pricy and the staff is not quite up to standards you would expect from a Westin. Beds are comfortable, rooms are small.
Apparently all of the rooms in the hotel are at least 'Deluxe'. Even if the shower is so small you have to step out to pick up a dropped bar of soap. That happened to a friend on the same trip with us. Our room was third floor and although a little small the view was breathtaking.
All in all we had a great week in Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor or higher, facing the Tulleries.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is in a great, central location. Concierge was very helpful and offered lovely dining suggestions. I contacted the concierge before arriving and they were great and helped me get reservations in some choice restaurants. Service was also very good throughout the hotel. Rooms were fine, but quite pricey for what you get. I have stayed here in the past, and I think the quality has gone down a bit from my last visit. So overall everything was fine due to the service, but I could not help feeling a bit let down by the overall experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CarpeDiem153
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked this hotel using my SPG points. I'm so happy I didn't pay with $ cause it's overpriced for what you get. I checked the prices of the dates I was staying and it listed it for 417 euros a night for a standard room. We walked into our small room with a view of other windows. I know Paris hotel rooms are small but for that price I would expect bigger, nicer rooms.
The handle of the entrance door kept on coming out, it would take us a couple minutes to get out of the room cause we couldn't open our door. The hotel itself has a great location and friendly staff however the prices are ridiculous for what you get.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Azad B,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your experience. We definetely consider that our hotel proposes a good value for money within the area but we take good note of your remarks that will be discussed internally.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

We hope that you will reconsider your position and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Be well,

Andres Lopez-Dafonte
Director of Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay, very comfortable, cozy hotel in the middle of the Paris scenery. Local turist attractions within walking distance. Price for the tooms are a bit higher that i would like to pay. The service staff was very friendly and helpful to the exception of the front desk. The only issue was the free wifi is only in the lobby and does not work most of the time since most turist are in lobby and it seems to overload wireless router. Retaurant prices were higher than what i like but common for the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our room was impeccably clean, a view of the Eiffel tower and old world charm. Expensive but well worth it. The location is walking distance to all the most popular attractions such as the Louve, Eiffel tower, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jody R
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed six nights at this property and was impressed with the location, room and services. The property seemed to present a safe and secure place to stay while exploring the city. As with most big cities one should be aware of their surroundings. There were several hundred of us on a company award trip and we were coming and going as groups at all times. Each time I entered the outer lobby and the inner lobby I always made eye contact with the security personnel. I felt they had a grip on hotel security. We even had to use our key to access the elevator. I was shocked and dismayed when one of my closest friends had her purse stolen on our final day there. It was stolen from our private breakfast area. Where was security? Inside Job? who knows but it did tarnish my opinion of the property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends