“Perfect Location in Paris”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #411 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Location in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Westin for 5 nights in January to celebrate my birthday. First of all, this is amazing, central location! It's across the street from the Tuileries Gardens and a very short walk to the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay. We were able to walk tons of places, or hop on the metro at the Tuileries stop about two blocks away.

There are doormen at the door to assist you with luggage or hailing a cab. The marble lobby is beautiful and has a really cool courtyard in the middle (there were space heaters in the winter). The checkin process was very smooth, and all the staff we interacted with spoke good English. The concierges were particularly helpful to us. They helped us make restaurant reservations during our stay and before we arrived via email. They printed out walking maps and gave great directions. We booked through Priceline, and never felt that we were treated differently because of it.

Our room was small by American standards, but was plenty comfortable and a typical size for a Parisian room from what I've read. We were on the 4th (top) floor with a small balcony with views of the Tuileries and Place Vendôme (and the Vendôme column). The room was very charming, historic (cool moldings and such), and felt very French. Our bed was comfortable. We were able to get decent wifi (it says you only get 1 hour per day, but you can keep reconnecting). The gym was good for a hotel gym.

Pretty much the only negative we had was our experience with room service. My husband and I both got sick our last day in Paris, and were stuck in our room most of the day. We ordered room service for dinner so we didn't have to leave. We ordered minestrone, porridge, crackers, and a banana. The porridge was inedibly bland--even too bland for a person with nausea--with nothing to add to it. The minestrone had a thick layer of grease on top, which is not what you want whether or not you're sick. I know room service is expensive, but for almost $60 at a nice hotel, I expected edible food.

All in all, we would be happy to stay at the Westin Vendôme again. It felt every bit as French as we hoped, but had English-speaking staff and the ease of use that we expected from a Starwood hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 4th (top) floor for rooms with dormers and balconies with great views!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenan H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in lots of places in Paris over the years and despite it's (minor) drawbacks, this was the best. This review covers both our recent stays here.

Pros include:
- As central as possible
- Get a room with a view. They are stunning and unforgettable with the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower gleaming
- Modern rooms with all the Westin amenities
- Good service
- Allow dogs
- Moderate pricing (for Paris)

As an aside: We also went to a wedding there and the ballrooms were beautiful. Service was off, however, although the food was good.

Negatives:
- Very large hotel so it's a bit impersonal
- Very small rooms

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuitNflipflops
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear SuitNflipflops,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us.

We take note of all your constructive feedback. We strive to deliver outstanding experiences to our guests providing a great value for money within the area.

We look forward to having you again among our guests in the near future.

Be Well!

Andres Lopez-Dafonte
Director of Rooms
Seoul, Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed in The Westin Paris - Vendome last December for business. The hotel with its ideal location close to the Vendome Square. The court was beautifully decorated with Christmas ornaments.

The room had high ceiling and the wall papers were elaborately decorated. The room was not spacious, as seen in most of Paris hotels.

The reception and concierge was kind and supportive. Compared to other boutique luxury hotels in Paris, I would recommened Westin Paris as the hotel truly features global standards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kkamwon
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Westin Paris in July in celebration of my sister's 50th birthday. (We each brought our daughters.) From our check-in with the SPG staff to the scrumptious breakfast and the tastefully decorated rooms, we loved every minute of our stay. Of course the location is amazing. Within walking distance from absolutely everything. I've stayed here several times and always had a great experience. I am SPG Platinum and they definitely treated us very well. It's true the hotel is on the pricier side, but in my opinion it is worth it. Some reviewers have suggested the rooms are very small, but I find them consistent with other high-end options in Paris. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Set next to the Tulleries Gardens between the Louvre and the Place de Concorde the Westin Vendomme is a great location for visiting Paris. It is pricy and the staff is not quite up to standards you would expect from a Westin. Beds are comfortable, rooms are small.
Apparently all of the rooms in the hotel are at least 'Deluxe'. Even if the shower is so small you have to step out to pick up a dropped bar of soap. That happened to a friend on the same trip with us. Our room was third floor and although a little small the view was breathtaking.
All in all we had a great week in Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor or higher, facing the Tulleries.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is in a great, central location. Concierge was very helpful and offered lovely dining suggestions. I contacted the concierge before arriving and they were great and helped me get reservations in some choice restaurants. Service was also very good throughout the hotel. Rooms were fine, but quite pricey for what you get. I have stayed here in the past, and I think the quality has gone down a bit from my last visit. So overall everything was fine due to the service, but I could not help feeling a bit let down by the overall experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CarpeDiem153
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked this hotel using my SPG points. I'm so happy I didn't pay with $ cause it's overpriced for what you get. I checked the prices of the dates I was staying and it listed it for 417 euros a night for a standard room. We walked into our small room with a view of other windows. I know Paris hotel rooms are small but for that price I would expect bigger, nicer rooms.
The handle of the entrance door kept on coming out, it would take us a couple minutes to get out of the room cause we couldn't open our door. The hotel itself has a great location and friendly staff however the prices are ridiculous for what you get.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andres L, Director of Rooms at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Azad B,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at The Westin Paris-Vendôme.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your experience. We definetely consider that our hotel proposes a good value for money within the area but we take good note of your remarks that will be discussed internally.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

We hope that you will reconsider your position and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Be well,