“Incredible location, excellent service, opulent decor”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #474 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed here for 1 week, anniversary trip w/ wife.

PROS:
-incredible location - with potential views of Louvre, Eiffel, Jardin Tuilleries, Arc (ask for upgrade). Walkable to all sights including Norte Dame, the Seine, Latin Quarter, etc.
-Staff was very helpful, kind and curteous.
-Decor was wonderful - very Parisean, clean.
-Open cafe at the center of the lobby was very charming
-Excellent food all around; comfy lobby
-Room service and concierge was outstanding - made reservations, gave directions, followed up with us to make sure things worked out well.

CONS:
-None that are specific to the hotel
-Note: Hotel rooms in Paris are small and $$ (relative to most cities). This hotel is no exception. Space will be tight so pack as light as possible.

NOTE: Much has been made of rude people in Paris. We found the opposite. Everyone we met was helpful and nice. A few even went out of their way to give us directions and assist us. Much nicer than New Yorkers and Philly natives.

Overall, we loved it, and if going back to Paris, would certainly stay here.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank P-Fogg-1873
Cushnahan, Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

Dear GUJUsweetpea,

Thank you very much for this excellent review of our hotel and associates.

We always aim to provide such inspiring experiences in the hotel and am delighted to see that you have taken the time to share this with the World.

Hope to see you back with us very soon.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for The Westin Paris - Vendome

Reviewed 6 August 2010

We stayed at the Westin for the final stage of the Tour de France. We had a room overlooking Rue de Rivoli and saw the racers pass by! We had a great view of the Eiffel Tower and the amusement park at the Jardin des Tuileries! Great location! The room was small but comfortable, with the small open balcony. The only disappointment was the fee for internet service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Rochester_NYMargaret,

Thank you for sharing.

So you enjoyed the bird’s eye view of the tour de France I see, indeed our hotel offers stunning view of Paris and is ideal for such events!

Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Paris for two nights in June and it lived up to all of our hopes.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. We had an early train to Versailles on the day of check in so they let us drop our bags early at the hotel and stored them for us with no problems until check in time. (I have also enjoyed reading the responses that the management post on this online forum - how cute are they?)

The location is very central, you can walk to the Louvre, the elegant and upscale Place Vendome, Galleries Lafayette for shopping, the Paris Opera with its beautiful Chagall ceilings, the Louvre, the Champs Elysees and Angelinas as well for brunch. The hotel is close to the metro, what a great spot, however, it is a busy area so if you value serenity over centrality, I would choose another hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby has a lovely glass terrace.

The room was beautiful! Elegant high ceilings with beautiful moldings and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom did have peeling paint as has been mentioned in this forum, but it was a classy bathroom with marble and high ceilings and so it did not detract from the room for us. The room also had great heavy drapes for privacy and wonderful closet space - double closet with shelves and pull outs.

This quality hotel is older, elegant and central, we really loved our stay!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear moijadore,

What a great review, thank you for taking the time to share such great comments on your stay.

Thanks for the comment on the "cute" management responses! you made my day!

Hope to see you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed 2 August 2010

After reading mixed reviews, we decided to give the Westin a try. From start to finish we were throughly pleased. The hotel was gorgeous, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Best of all is the location. We would literally leave the hotel and be at the Tulleries and Louvre. Many of the meuseums and sights were with in easy walking distance and we felt like we were at the heart of everything. I would reccommend this hotel and especially if you have only a few days in Paris. Don't spend all your time on the Metro, stay here!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear dedejong,

I am delighted to read that you have passed a heavenly stay with us in the very heart of Paris.

Come back anytime!

Reviewed 1 August 2010

Stayed at the Paris Westin this past week for business. The experience was so bad that it compelled me to write my first Trip Advisor review. I have travelled around the world and stayed in hotels ranging from Days Inn to the Aman Resorts....this was the first time I ever called my travel agent to complain. The hotel room was so small that I literally could barely walk around the bed. The TV must have been ten years old and the shower required me to hunch over to fit In (I'm Average height). After multiple requests I was finally moved to a room that was slightly bigger only to have my luggage take hours to move rooms. Wired internet access was 50 dollars a night or 15 dollars an hour for wifi In the lobby! Food in Paris almost always tastes better with the exception of the breakfast buffet here which would charitably be called airplane food. I could go on....but with the exception of a good massage in the spa.....there is not a single thing to recommend about this hotel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Dparekh28

Dear Dparekh28,

Thank you for your review, though I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with us on this occasion.

I regret the room type reserved was not to your expectations, for your information we have 8 different categories of rooms and suites at the hotel ranging up to 150 M2. I was happy to learn that the reception team moved you to a larger room, though will be looking into the reason behind the exceptional luggage delivery.

You comments on our breakfast and internet service will be looked into by the department heads, thank you for sharing your opinion.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

So I have not stayed at the Westin yet. My wife and I check in on August 29th. My wife loves Paris and takes me there every chance she can. We typically stay at the George V. I am tired of spending 1000+ Euros a night so we decided to try the Westin. I play in the NBA and I am very picky. I have been constantly emailing the concierge at the Westin and they have been outstanding. Better then the concierge at AMEX black. They have arranged for a driver for us dinner at the Eiffel Tower and an early check in. Several other things too. They have exceeded my expectations. When we leave Paris we are going to St. Tropez and staying at the Byblos. The Westin concierge is more accommodating. I had a teammate stay there recently and he loved it.

So Benoit, Frank and everyone at the Westin thank you for your excellent assistance and we are looking forward to our stay.
CB

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear CB4615,

Thank you for this great review, I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto our concierge team concerning your post stay arrangement.

We look forward to seeing you at the end of the month.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed here with my husband and 2 year old son. Although the room itself was quite nicely decorated (we had a junior suite), everything else was sub par.
Our room was very noisy - we could hear people screaming from the funfair in the Tuileries garden all night. Housekeeping was the worst I've seen for a long time. It was really patchy. Some days they'd come twice a day to clean up in the morning and turn down the bed at night. Some days they'd only come once. The sofa bed was unmade one day and the toilet never felt fully clean the entire time we stayed.
The concierge was TERRIBLE. Their recommendations were generic and I had emailed them prior to our stay about visiting Eurodisney which they never replied to. They recommended an awful restaurant to us (Brasserie Flotte) on the first night which was filled with tourists and the food was just disgusting. I asked them for recommendations for what to do with young children in Paris and just drew a blank from the concierge. So in the end I said "Perhaps Jardin d'Acclimitation?" and the snooty man just said, "Oui". And that was it. I couldn't believe it.
The breakfast in the main restaurant was AWFUL. We waited 35 minutes for our eggs to arrive, although the toast (if you could call it that, more like soggy bread) arrived within 2 minutes after our order. It was seriously overpriced as well, even for a hotel.
I hated this hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone for the price they charge.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Dear alondongirl,

I am very disappointed to read that you had such a disappointing stay with us, truly not representing our usual levels of service.

Please rest assured that I will be following up on all points and am truly sorry that I did not get to meet with you during your stay to help resolve these issues.

Should I ever be of any future help or assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Kind regards,