“Wow - what a hotel experience - incredible”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #484 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I am not a big fan of Paris - I was in a grumpy mood when I arrived. It was raining, it was difficult to get a cab, and the language barrier left me frustrated.

That is - till I got to The Westin Paris.

The lady at the Front Desk had a "Trainee" badge on - yet - she knew all the right things to say - she confirmed that an up-graded room was ready (we had to pay only 40 Euro extra for a room to accomodate my wife, my 13 year old, and I). She apologized that due to the high occupancy, she could not offer us a room with a better view. Hey - just her pleasant manners, her command of the English language, and her French hospitality were enough.

The bags arrived in the room within 60 seconds - yes 60 seconds. We needed extra pillows - wait time - 4 minutes. We wanted extra towels - wait time - 6 minutes. After that, housekeeping automatically showed up every evening in our room and put extra towels in for us - we didn't even have to ask. Everytime we went out of the room - we were greeted warmly by the Housekeeping staff.

When we went to buy an internet card - the lady at the Front Desk gave us an "insider" tip - "use the 2nd computer from the entrance - the keyboard is the best, and it is the fastest computer - which will save you money".

The Concierge - yet another story - they told us what to see, where to go, which shows to choose - all with the motivation of saving us time and money - and making our stay in Paris fun.

When we walked back to the hotel late at night, I am sure we were not a pretty sight - it was hot in Paris, and we had been out all day. Yet, the Security guard at the entrance greeted us warmly, never even once questioning us whether we were actually guests in the hotel.

The restrooms in the public areas were constantly being cleaned - the GM must have a phobia for cleanliness - because there were people all over the the hotel all the time - making sure the public areas were spotless. Hey - thanks for that phobia - I love it.

I am a fussy traveller (you can read another review of mine about the Le Meridien Monte Carlo - I would not recommend that dump to my worst enemy - they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome).

I have visited 131 cities in 22 countries - I have stayed at many Starwood properties world-wide. The Westin Paris is up there among my favourites. The staff at The Westin Paris are incredible. Congratulations to the GM and the entire staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DeepakinToronto
Cushnahan, Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

Dear DeepakinToronto,

We are all delighted to hear such great comments on our team and hotel! This really does show our commitment to giving great guest service and thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with the world!

Hope to have you back with us very soon.

Conor Cushnahan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,792)

Reviewed 24 August 2010

We had a group of 60 (30+ rooms) stay at this hotel during Spyns 2010 Tour de France trip. We couldn't have been happier. The rooms are standard upscale hotel although the beds are very comfortable. Reception staff, concierge, and particularly the group reservations staff were outstanding. The breakfast was excellent with a fantastic selection of eggs - often hard to find in France. The hotel's location just a few blocks from the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, and within walking distance (albeit quite a trek) of the Eiffel Tower. Spyns former clients all raved about the hotel. There were some drawbacks like the 30 euros in-room wifi but nothing that took away from the Tour de France trip experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Dear Spyns,

Thank you for this great review of your stay with us during the Tour de France event.

See you next year!!

Conor Cushnahan

Reviewed 22 August 2010

The Westin was a great place to stay while visiting Paris. We were amazed at the location, and really enjoyed our stay.
The Concierge always recommended lovely restaurants which made our stay that much better. Our check in went great as the front desk agent actually walked us to our room(we were looking at an upgrade) and made sure that we liked the room. We did and she sent housekeeping up right away to adjust the beds for us from singles to a King (as in most European hotels).
The room was beautiful with a view of the courtyard. All of the major attractions were really close, the Louvre, Tullieries Garden, the Seine, the Place de Concorde oh and of course the SHOPPING!!!!

We were there during Bastille Day. They had mentioned that the hotel would be disrupted (ie certain doors would be closed and streets cordoned off) due to the parade. We never noticed. It was handled very well.

We would recommend the Westin for a stay in Paris!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Dear Jewelfine,

I am delighted to see you had a such a great stay with us! I will make sure to share your comments with our associates. Paris is for sure one of the best shopping places…and the Westin Paris right between Place Vendôme, Place de la Concorde, The Louvre museum and the famous Rue Faubourg St-Honoré !

Thanks again Jewelfine for this great comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the city of lights!

Reviewed 19 August 2010

the concierge nicholas was excellent, very helpful and kind and recommended excellent restaurants for us. he made our stay an excellent one because of his recommendations. thank you.
as for rooms they are a bit too small though and wi fi is expensive.
lines in the front desk are so long and take time. front desk recpetionist not as warm, accomodating and helpful as the concierge was.
the westin has a great location , nice rooms even if small but need to improve the front office services.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharm31

Dear sharm31,

I would like to thank you for such nice comments and please be assured that we inform Nicholas and our Head Concierge about this compliment. As per your following notes, I deeply regret that the front office could have been at the same level of service as our concierges department.

I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to show you what we are capable of.
Should you plan another Parisian trip, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will do my very best to arrange a lovely stay at the Westin Paris!

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We stay at the westin paris all the time...and this time we were unhappy with our experience. I booked two rooms three months ago. I requested months in advance for a connecting or side by side room. However, one of the ladies at the front desk made me wait for 45 minutes only to tell me she could not accommodate ANY of my requests...not even rooms side by side when the hotel was not full occupancy! She made it so difficult for us instead of helping us. Typically, hotels pre-block the rooms when rooms are booked way in advance! I've stayed at other top hotels and other Westins and have never received service like this. To top it all off, the managers after seeing how long we waited put us in a room with a broken toilet and a broken tv!!!!! It would be nice if you took better care of your loyal guests most especially your starwood guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank sarrajane

Dear sarrajane,

Your feedback is really very valuable to all of us ! thank you !

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and particularly because we could not accommodate connecting or adjoining rooms at this given moment in time.
Please accept my sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience and please be aware that every corrective action has been taken in order to avoid this in the future.

With this said, I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Paris in the near or far future. Should you allow us such an opportunity, do not hesitate to contact me, I would be delighted to personally look after your reservation..

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I just spent three days in Paris at the Intercontinental and it was a great stay! As previous reviewers wrote here, a nice view of the Eiffel Tower, a great neighborhood by the Champs Elysees/Arc De Triumph, and modern rooms. Ours was all white with slanted ceilings, a bear claw tub, white decor and a faux fur throw on the bed. There was a desk and a antique style wood travel vanity which added a cute touch. There was also a pleather red sofa in the bathroom which was sleek and nice to have. The bathroom had a hot water pitcher and they also had an espresso maker. They had free wifi and they catered to our every need right away. I really enjoyed my stay there and I think you will too!
One thing I would recommend to the concierge at the hotel is to learn the city a little better. They would give us advice about local restaurants or areas that might be populated - but that advice was never really right. Hopefully, their concierge crew could work on touring their own city a bit more and learning some good spots to send tourists.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We arrived at the Hotel hours ahead of the normal check in time, but the staff prepared our room, and we checked in early . We were not disappointed.The Views were as promised, the room was elegant , and well arranged and the bathroom was spotless. During our week visit, every request we made to the Westin staff was handled with professional care. Breakfast each morning was a wonderful, as well as drinks and dessert in the outside Terrace Room in the evening. There are many excellent, local Cafes close by, to provide a variety of meal time choices. And you can safely walk to most of the museums, monuments, boat rides and fabulous shopping, for blocks. The Metro station is only a couple of blocks away, if you wish to visit points of interest that you can not reach by walking. The Westin is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Dear bankerlady0253,

I don’t have much to say after this very nice review. I would like to thank you for such great comments!
This is the impression we would like all our guests to have when leaving the hotel and most of them have.

Many thanks again, and I will make sure to share your compliments with our executive Chef and his team, as well as our executive Housekeeper and team.