All reviewsplace d'italierue mouffetardtop floorstreet noiselatin quartereurosmetronazionalesinkvaluableslift
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Wonderful place to stay. View from the 6th floor was marvelous. Only 200 metres to the underground, good connection to city center. Very nice staff. Rooms weren't very spacious. Elevator can cause you a claustrophobia ;)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The best aspect about the hotel is its location. It is extremely close to the metro station Place d'Italie with its three lines. You can reach the Montparnasse or Chatelet in reasonable time. The rooms are small, but considering what you pay they are very good for budget stay. If you like French cuisine, there is two excellent restaurants just next to the hotel.

Another excellent aspect is the staff. They are nice, helpful, and very accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TheGlacierist
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is a decent hotel at a good location with many busses and metro. Only 6 stops to most of the central locations. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are adequate, free wi-fi and inexpensive French breakfast if you prefer one. There is a shopping center with a Carrefour in it just 500 meters to the hotel where you can buy anything (food, clothes etc) and also restaurants nearby and in the shopping center.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room but ready to use stairs then go for room no: 241 or 242 :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LeventIzmir
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This hotel is a great find in a convenient neighborhood. Super small rooms and elevator (as is typical), cheapy with the soap and toilet paper....but who cares! Go to the store and buy those personal items. The hotel is clean, multilingual, and doesn't play games with your room very reasonable room bill.

You're right between two different Metro stops (Place d'Italie and Nationale) which are on two different lines. Buy a multi-day Metro Pass, because you can use it to get anywhere in Paris. Also, you're right next door to a great boulangerie (we hit that every day at least once).

But don't miss the opportunity to explore this neighborhood. Walk through the Salpetriere, walk to Gare Austerlitz, find the statue of Philippe Pinel. From Place d'Italie, walk down some of the other "spokes", like Les Gobelins and/or Place d'Hospital. There are food finds, shopping finds, old buildings, and friendly relaxed real Parisians going about their lives.

Room Tip: Front of hotel has nice treetop views of the tiny Place des Alpes greenspace.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elephaba
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I spent four nights at this hotel last week. A friend who had spent a week in this hotel recommended it to me and it was the cheapest en-suite room with free wifi I could find online.

Was the room small? Yes, and very basic. The bathroom? Yes, small. Clean? Well, yes, it was OK, but dated. Fresh towels everyday? Yes. Did I like the hotel? Not really, but it was inexpensive and the location was ok, with a metro station at Place d’Italie and plenty of shops/eateries nearby. Would I stay there again? I might, if I could not find a better alternative of comparable room price and facilities.

My room was on the third floor and faced the main streets. The floor landing was miniscule so it felt a bit inconvenient when getting in and out of the room. There was a French window in the room and as far as I could see no air-conditioning of any kind. During my stay the temperature was ok, but I wonder how it would feel during high summer. The square (des Alpes) itself was not noisy but the noise from the traffic (buses, trucks etc) on the adjacent boulevard was disturbing when the window was open. Obviously some of the rooms are at the back of the hotel as my friend told me that her room faced a courtyard and was quiet. I didn’t take breakfast in the hotel so don’t know anything about it.

Well, it was Paris. For what I paid (67 euros per night) I think it was OK.

I liked the restaurant opposite the hotel (called Assis au Neuf, a6o9) and had dinner there twice. The dishes were generous and tasty, the décor was nice, the atmosphere was relaxed and easy, and the waiters, though they spoke in French, made me feel I was welcomed (unlike some French servers who treated me like I was a pest/idiot). There was English on the menu so it was not difficult to choose what to order. I had their smoked salmon salad and liver salad and both were good (but do think twice about the cholesterol before you order the liver salad). Just remember to specify the type of wine you want so the bill won't surprise you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo