All reviewsplace d'italierue mouffetardtop floorstreet noiselatin quartereurosmetronazionalesinkvaluableslift
Reviewed 7 January 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We've stayed in this hotel couple of years ago. It was recommended to us by a frequent visitor. Yes, the room was small, the bathroom was incredibly small, but it was a real Paris experience. The connection with the center was great - metro station is just around the corner, but the hotel is on a quiet street. A lot of chinese shops, chinese cuisines and fast food restaurants nearby - it was very convenient for our low budget. Also we managed to go to the Notre Dame by foot! It was a long walk, but it was worth it.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zuikis007
Reviewed 29 October 2012

If you are trying to find a decent hotel and looking for reviews to make up your mind, let me make your decision easier – DON’T BOOK. It can’t get any simpler.

You may be wondering why? Let us start with location, place d'italie is bit on the edge of Paris and far from the iconic “touristy” locations you may want to go. I’m not sure about the safety but if you are coming to your hotel late at night there are quite a few unpleasant elements wandering on the streets – the type of people you want to avoid if you are alone at night. The area though is easily accessible on metro. Now the hotel bit.. As soon as we entered the hotel we were greeted by a person who looked like as if he was forced to sit behind the desk than actually being interested in the job. The reception is very odd looking and I was surprised to see that there was not a single computer on the reception desk. Instead, they manage the bookings by writing it down on a diary – quite professional aye! After we checked in, we were handed over keys which were very old fashioned. The lift was really small; too small to fit two people with one suitcase. We had to squeeze ourselves in order for lift doors to close.

After struggling with the lock for a few minutes I finally opened the door and next thing I see is a tiny room with a tiny bed. The room was too small to even open the suitcase on the floor and we had to open it on the bed. The bathroom was really small and if you are a bit healthy chances are that you won’t even fit in. The WC is placed in such a position that you will find it difficult to wipe your a$s once are done with your “business”. The room was really cold and they did not turn the heating on so we had to sleep cold. The mattress was really stiff and I think it had bugs. Also, there was no kettle or anything to make your own tea and my partner had to ask for a hair dryer which the lady at reception asked her to come downstairs to collect it herself. Being right on the street it was very noisy as well.

Now the price bit. I was charged 144 euros for two nights on lateroom.com when the door price was 65. So I would have saved money just by walking in than actually booking it, although mind you, its not cheap at all when Ibis around the corner was offering the rooms for 75 euro per night which we found strolling around the block. We did have a lot of fun in Paris and it is a really good city but we would never forget the bad experience at this hotel which made the whole Paris experience a bit sour. So my suggestion is do not turn your holiday into a nightmare by staying in this hotel. I’m sure you will be able to find a nice hotel with the same budget.

Room Tip: Don't be smitten by reviews here. My suggestion is to try to stick to a respectable hotel. It may cost you a bit extra but it is worth paying the price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JohnM1186338
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a great little hotel that is close to the metro, good price and perfect for your first visit to Paris. The rooms were tiny, which was perfect for being in Paris (for the "cozy" experience). If it is your first time to Paris and on a budget, give it a shot.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hey_ive_been_there
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed for 4 nights, room was very clean, really small though... but we didn't mind... When I was choosing hotel for Paris, I found a lot of 2 stars hotel closer to centre but with very bad reviews (dirty rooms, awful bathrooms, bedbugs....) this was the best option for this price range
Receptionists speak English, so you dont have to worry... Elevator is very small, fits just two people..
They serve breakfast for 6 euros, which is not bad I think.. you're gonna get croissant, piece of baguette, jam, butter, juice, a lot of hot chocolate or coffee :))) (1 person)
I have to say.. it's not closest to the centre but it is still very okay... across a street is great restaurant called Assis de neuf... definitely try it.. a bit pricy though..
Nearby post office, pharmacy and department store with a lot of shops and Carefour
I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple