I stayed 3 nights over a weekend and booked a VILLA COSI room, at the first floor of building 3.
Positive aspects: The room itself is pretty fine for one person: renovated, clean, silent, with a nice view on a inner court. The hotel is located quite close to a metro station and also to a bus stop of the night-buses (quite useful if you come back late at night when Metro is not circulating anymore). There are also a couple of very good bakeries a few meters away from the hotel entrance, where one can have a cheap and good breakfast or sandwich.
Negative aspects: A slight disadvantage of the room is that the WC is separated from the basin and the shower. A more serious problem was that a disgusting bad smell (like sewer) was coming from the shower; it was present also at the entrance of the basement. It was somewhat unexpected for an hotel that had been clearly renovated recently. By closing the glass door of the shower and opening the window the smell was going away, though. Another problem is the attitude of the personnel at the reception of the hotel. A part from a young guy, all others were quite impolite, completely helpless in any minimal request (such as the address of a specific theater), treating you as if they are doing a favor by listening to you, in a word the typical attitude of hotels' personnel in Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel's 69 rooms, entirely renovated and air-conditioned, are contained in 3 small typical Parisian buildings joined by a courtyard and a garden. The largest building has 38 rooms overlooking the main street. Some, named "Paris Comfort" offers a balcony with stunning views of the Butte Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur. The 25 rooms of the second building, called "Privilege" as is peacefully located in the yard and garden. Warm tones married to white duvets give their charm and intimacy. The 6 remaining rooms, named "Villa Cosi", renovated in warm colors are located in a charming town house, surprisingly quiet for the middle of Paris. The approach of our architects was to rethink the rooms as comfortable cocoons using a rational and highly practical layout to make all the services immediately accessible along the walls. The choice of materials and subtly contemporary colours give a chic touch of elegance and design to the decor. The comfort and modernity are enhanced by the presence of large flat screen television with TNT and satellite, new bedding with quilt instead of the traditional bedspreads. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Libertel Canal Saint-Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertel Canal Saint-Martin Hotel Paris
- Libertel Canal Saint Martin Paris