I come to Paris all the time and wanted a different hotel in the Canal Saint Martin area.. I chose the wrong one. My bad. Busy street, no canal in sight.. having emailed requesting a quiet room and receiving a reply in affirmation, I was given a room right next to a lift.. so close that the pillow was maybe three metres from the lift doors. When I requested another tiny room I was given one on the 7th floor; when I opened the window to check the view there was plastic sheeting over the windows. Scaffolding right around the building. I do think if one is booking into a hotel with construction/refurbishment/whatever going on then management has a responsibility to let you know. Then I tried to get WIFi and that was down; fixed later, which reception let me know about. Next morning a friend came to collect me and we grabbed a juice and a croissant in the breakfast room, only to be told by the very aggressive female receptionist that I would be charged for two breakfasts, which seemed a bit unnecessary given the room wrangles. Needless to say won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel's 69 rooms, entirely renovated and air-conditioned, are contained in 3 small typical Parisian buildings joined by a courtyard and a garden. The largest building has 38 rooms overlooking the main street. Some, named "Paris Comfort" offers a balcony with stunning views of the Butte Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur. The 25 rooms of the second building, called "Privilege" as is peacefully located in the yard and garden. Warm tones married to white duvets give their charm and intimacy. The 6 remaining rooms, named "Villa Cosi", renovated in warm colors are located in a charming town house, surprisingly quiet for the middle of Paris. The approach of our architects was to rethink the rooms as comfortable cocoons using a rational and highly practical layout to make all the services immediately accessible along the walls. The choice of materials and subtly contemporary colours give a chic touch of elegance and design to the decor. The comfort and modernity are enhanced by the presence of large flat screen television with TNT and satellite, new bedding with quilt instead of the traditional bedspreads. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Libertel Canal Saint-Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertel Canal Saint-Martin Hotel Paris
- Libertel Canal Saint Martin Paris