The rack rate on the door for our room was 160 euros. The rooms are miniscule, the carpeting does not bear close inspection, and the shower stall is tiny enough that persons of a more rotund physique should think twice before attempting entry. If we'd paid the rack rate we'd have been beating ourselves up about it, but for 49 euros through Booking it was a deal. The beds were comfortable, there was a lift, rooms were reasonably clean, and the staff spoke English.
Walking distance from both Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est it is about half a block from the canal. There are two metro stops in the area and even in August there were several cafes and bars open nearby. This is at least my fourth trip to Paris and I'd never been in this lively little area. It was a pleasant surprise for our last night in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel's 69 rooms, entirely renovated and air-conditioned, are contained in 3 small typical Parisian buildings joined by a courtyard and a garden. The largest building has 38 rooms overlooking the main street. Some, named "Paris Comfort" offers a balcony with stunning views of the Butte Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur. The 25 rooms of the second building, called "Privilege" as is peacefully located in the yard and garden. Warm tones married to white duvets give their charm and intimacy. The 6 remaining rooms, named "Villa Cosi", renovated in warm colors are located in a charming town house, surprisingly quiet for the middle of Paris. The approach of our architects was to rethink the rooms as comfortable cocoons using a rational and highly practical layout to make all the services immediately accessible along the walls. The choice of materials and subtly contemporary colours give a chic touch of elegance and design to the decor. The comfort and modernity are enhanced by the presence of large flat screen television with TNT and satellite, new bedding with quilt instead of the traditional bedspreads. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Libertel Canal Saint-Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertel Canal Saint-Martin Hotel Paris
- Libertel Canal Saint Martin Paris