“Good as Always”

Hotel Prince Albert Louvre
Ranked #851 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The neighborhood is great that surrounds the hotel, lots of places to eat, a supermarket, a farmer's market, close to the Louvre and Palace Vendome and the street that the hotel is on is quiet as well. I expect to pay more for the neighborhood but I think that this hotel charges very fairly for what you get. The single rooms are small but fine and the double rooms have a very nice-sized bathroom. The decoration has remained unchanged in the six years I have stayed here and a little worn, but I think that this is part of the charm. My parents kept needing ice and the reception went out of their way to be accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street tend to be the nicest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I chose this hotel for its location and price. Our room had newly renovated bathroom with a good size bath (rare in Paris).
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Would recommend you stay here as it is close to transport, the louve and where most organised tours meet.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Having booked and paid for a twin room six months in advance, my friend and I arrived at this hotel after a full days train ride, checked in only to discover we had been allocated a room with a small double bed. I went down to complain only to be told that a twin in France means 2 people and that was the only bed available.My friend and I are both rather large elderly ladies and this was most uncomfortable for our three nights there. While I appreciate that we were in an unrenovated room and bathroom, and the cigarette butts on the window sill hadnt been there for many weeks, it was the fact that we were due to check out at 7.30am to catch a train and we were unable to get the lift from the 4th floor with our luggage because the staff had the lift door propped open with laundry bags on the 2nd floor. I find the attitude of the hotel management and staff towards the paying guests deplorable and unproffessional

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank JenandChristravelling
mourad k, Directeur général at Hotel Prince Albert Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Madam,
We've just read your comments . We were really surprised, since we informed you that on the first night we were full and no TWIN rooms were available. We proposed a TWIN room on the rest of your stay but you refused to move. We do our best to satisfy our guests since that's our goal . We'll be pleased to see you again between us and promise no such problems will reoccur.
Best Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Located in the heart of Paris on a quiet street. The staff is friendly and kind. Breakfast is light and varied. Excellent WiFi. The room is very small. In the elevator consists of only 2 people or 1 passenger with things. If you come into the room, only to spend the night, these inconveniences seem insignificant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Great tucked away location. Rooms are tiny and noisy I felt that their were several other people in our room. Tiny elevator with narrow hallways to tiny room. Yuck. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Free internet.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere eles
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The best of this hotel is a location - two blocks from Louvre and on the tiny street with no through traffic.
The old hotel rebuild from the apartments, offers the small rooms with outdated furniture and equipment. The only new thing is the new bath rooms (checked two rooms, yes). They keys are probably 100+ years old, funny, but inconvenient to manipulate. The low cost make this hotel attractive to the budget traveler.
On the other side the owner introduced draconian rules to have the hotel full. I ordered the room about 6 month in advance, and during this time I switch to another credit card. Manager re-check (!) the validity of the card used and found that it is inactive. He said that he sent to me the e-mail, which I never received. AT my book in day he even called my home phone - other country - and was assured that I am arriving in hours.
When I arrived I was told that because they were in doubt about my arrival, they gave out my room for one day. Yes, it is true: I was kicked out with a child for the second night. Fortunately, there are plenty of hotels in the city, if you can afford them. So, despite I understand the motives of the hotel management, I believe that what they did at last is terrible.
Of course they do not have any facility except small breakfast area, where they serve funny French breakfast of croissant+ coffee. Fortunately plenty of cafes are around.
One I tempted to recommend - the see food shop, where you can not get the hot food, but beautiful trade interior, fresh molluscs and hard driving owner is a must to see once on the way to hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family