As a long-time Hyatt-Gold member, I was very disappointed with this hotel. The location of the hotel is good: not too far from the center of Paris and the hotel is attached to a major convention center and a "high end" shopping mall. However, the rest of the experience was well below expectations. This property is undergoing renovations, so some of the rooms have been renovated, while others have not. It appears that they must have started renovations at the bottom and are working their way up to higher floors. While I had a renovated room, my business colleague said that his room was very old and worn. The rooms are small (which is not unusual for hotels in Paris), but even the renovated rooms have obvious deficiencies. Many of the amenities that you expect from a higher end hotel: toiletries were minimal, there were no wash cloths, and no coffee maker. Even more disturbing was the bedding: the covers for the decorative pillows on the bed were filthy (it doesn't appear that they are routinely laundered); and there was no cover sheet, only two (single bed) duvets on the queen-size bed. The latter issue was a real problem, since the thermostat appeared to have little control over the room temperature, so the room was very hot and it was difficult to sleep under the heavy duvet, without a sheet as an alternative cover. On top of that, the fans in the ventilation systems in the bedroom and bathroom sounded like a wind-tunnel (only hot air coming in). Due to the renovations, they shut the electricity off for about 10 minutes between 8:00 and 9:00 AM to re-set the electrical system. While this outage was announced by a note on the bed, this was about the most inconvenient time possible, for somebody getting ready in the morning for business meetings (if it was a planned outage, why not during a 2:00 to 4:00 AM window??). The bathtub in the renovated rooms had very high walls (which could pose a problem for older or smaller people or children, to get into and out of) and the drain cover that pops out of the tub floor has a very sharp edge around it, which could cut the feet of unsuspecting people standing in the shower (I found out the hard way). The prices in the restaurant were very high (25 Euros for a cheeseburger!) and the breakfast buffet (approximately the same price) was extremely crowded and noisy (tables are jammed together) and many of the food items ran out without being replaced. When we were checking out, I was surprised that, for a two night's stay, my bill was nearly 100 Euros higher than my colleague's bill. The front desk staff just said that they must have made a mistake on his bill and, without further explanation, they raised his bill (i.e. charged his credit card an additional charge) rather than directly addressing my question about the cause of the discrepancy. Overall, a very disappointing experience....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel