The hotel is dated as far as furnishings and decor. The staff was dismissive to my wife when asking for assistance at the concierge (Louis). This is not the level of service expected by a Clef D'Or Concierge. As far as overall cleanliness the property was sub par for a Regency level hotel. We had to call for towels several nights though the towels were left on the floor. Ate breakfast on property one day as each morning I attempted to get coffee at the restaurant I was dismissed without a voucher which apparently was only handed out to conference attendees. The scrambled eggs and buffet style breakfast was disgusting. The Platinum check in was slower than regular check in as the desk was manned with two people who continued to attend to the needs of regular guest check in so I am unsure why they have an area for gold and platinum check in. Seriously, I have stayed at lower level hotels such as Holiday Inn and Best Western with a higher level of attention towards thier guests. Ice was not available on the property without going through room service which charged a ridiculous amount for the delivery of a bucket of ice to the room after
My wife twisted her ankle. The bar downstairs was not stocked with an adequate selection so I tended to spend much more time off property than I normally would. Overall I would recommend this property be downgraded from Regency level. My stay at this property was 2 rooms for 7 nights. I say this to emphasize my observations were consistent for the entire week. There were some good things to point out also. Alex with the Concierge did an excellent job and extremely pleasant to work with. The location is convenient to an attached mall and covered access to the Metro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, formerly the renowned Hotel Concorde La Fayette, stands as one of the most impressive properties in the city, just minutes from both the Arc de Triomphe and the world-famous Champs Elysees, and within easy reach of the impressive La Defense complex. Offering so much more than a great location in this cosmopolitan city, our 34-storey hotel offers truly unique views over Paris from its 950 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde La Fayette Hotel
- Concorde La Fayette Paris
- Concorde Lafayette Hotel