“dirty, smelly, way past its due date” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of De La Vallee Hotel

De La Vallee Hotel
Ranked #1,674 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Kelowna, Canada
“dirty, smelly, way past its due date”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Inexpensive at 100$ should have told us this was not a good bargain. We trudged up the narrow, old stairs to my designated room on 5th floor (4th above reception). After squeezing through the hall door, and the tiny hall to our door to the bedroom I already knew we couldn't stay here - no fire escape that I saw, so smelly and dirty bathroom and carpet - I didn't even want to sit on the bed. We left, the receptionist was helpful, and walked the streets at midnight to find another hotel. Not nice experience, and an expensive one. Great location, close to metro, speak english.

Room Tip: probably good for backpackers who want great location for night or two. not recommend to single wome...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BonnieLvZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Paris
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Location is great, perfect for sightseeing. Room was basic and it was clean. The bathroom is always clean too.There wasn't an elevator, had a lots of stairs.The staff are friendly and kind and they can speak English. Unfortunately, I reserved a Double room, and i have got a single room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank johnnyrus

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great location is the best aspect of this motel, perfect for sightseeing, eating out etc. in the red light district although we didn't see any of this. Poor service. Had to pay 2.50 for a shower which wasn't in any of our bookings. Bathroom could have been cleaner and toilet was in cupboard on stairs. Room was very basic. No elevator, lots of stairs with heavy bag. But great location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Before staying at Hotel de la Vallee I was staying at a lovely little hotel by the Eiffel Tower that was only 85 euros a night and was fully renovated and so nice. Unfortunately they didn't have availability throughout my entire stay so I booked Vallee for the price. The staff are friendly, but don't expect any kind of luxury here. The stairway is dark, the room I was in had very poor lighting at night, and the area is what I'd call shady. If you are a young woman planning to travel alone I'd definitely not recommend this area. When you walk 2 blocks south towards the river it is better, but this area surrounding the hotel makes me feel uncomfortable. Not like I'd be attacked or anything.... I hope, but that the men are very forward and not respectful. Also to mention the wifi is terrible! Took me 30 min just to get on this page to write this review!

Room Tip: if you stay here get the room with the shower in it
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MandyTravel_13
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

My boyfriend and mother planned a trip to Paris for my 21st birthday in April 2013. We had a horrendous traveling experience as the lines on the metro weren't working so we were desperate to get to our hotel. Firstly we couldn't find the hotel and when we did it was just a door in between a shop and a kebab type shop. We went through the door up a set of dingy dark stairs which stank of kebabs. We got to the reception and were told we have to give the key back to reception every time we went out which we were a bit wiery about. We got to the room and was truly shocked by what we saw. It was so old and outdated I didn't know what to do. My boyfriend didn't want to take pictures because he didn't want us to remember it. We went out for an hour but were scared someone would go into our room. Our view was the bins of the shop underneath which could easily be accessed through the window/door. The 1 star is for the cleanliness of the bed and the shower was powerful. Plugs are forbidden so don't bother taking electricals. Will not be recommending to anyone anytime soon. On the Sunday morning when we left the street had homeless people on the corners and brutal fights were happening, did not feel safe at all. Luckily Disneyland made up for the weekend.

5 Thank Holly P
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My wife and i booked a room here and ended up forfeiting 2 x nights in fees, rather than using their hotel.

The gentlemen (or in fact the opposite) at reception was so incredibly rude to my wife, he grunted at her a number of times, and teased her when we asked simple questions about our bags, room and so on. When i stood up of my wife - he explained, 'relax you are on holidays'. He then continued teasing us, grown adults. After such a horrible first impression, and arguing about having our deposit refunded due to his poor behaviour, we decided to inspect the room before agreeing to stay. It was small, dirty, stunk and had broken tiles and marks on the sheets.

If you are in paris, this may be a once in a lifetime trip - don't ruin it by staying here. I have stayed at some dumps in my time, none this bad - in fact, there is a brothel next door. There were sex workers in the street. It was not a nice and/or safe neighbourhood at all.

Rethink staying here if you have already booked.

4 Thank Stephen C
Dahab, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our stay in Paris was really comfortable in this accomodation,
the location is excellent, between Chatelet and Etienne Marcel metro station.
The staff is very nice, the bathroom always clean.
The room was really little but comfortable, I will recommend it!

1 Thank starella