Hotel Pax Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$188
US$174
  • Restaurant
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$148
US$229
US$188
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

US$491
US$325
US$145
US$139
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$257
US$220
US$215
Priceline
  • Room Service
Novotel Paris 17(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$178
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrue de rivoliaround the cornergreat locationsingle roomaffordable hoteltourist attractionscentre pompidoucome homeloved pariswithin easy walking distanceboiled eggsrooms are smallstar hotelbusiness hoteltop floorhousekeeping staffhotel room
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay, when we first arrived we were told that our two rooms that had been booked were available for the first two nights but that on the last night there may be no second room - despite both parties receiving emails. On the last day we handed our 'keycards' into reception and nothing was said to us about the possibility of a 'lack of room' so we went out for the day.
On returning I was told all my belongings had been moved to another room, despite the hotel having my mobile number. My valuables were still in the safe in the previous room where new guests had moved into.
The woman on reception - Laurence, said she thought we were coming back after breakfast to tell us?! Then preceded to give the most insincere apology - "I am sorry for everything, I am a bad person, I should go to prison"?! She then continued to say "oh it's not that bad that you've been moved, it's not like you are sick", then further into the conversation accused me of lying about my health?! I could not believe it, and was very upset. She was extremely rude and not bothered in the slightest.
She said she couldn't give me the name of the manager to complain, and the director was away for 3 months so was unable to speak to them, telling me his name is Mr Roberts?
Overall a very upsetting and unbelievable experience of customer service.

The location was very good, shame about everything else.

Suffice to say I will never stay here again and do not recommend it purely on customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank well_travelled_lady1
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Three stars is probably a bit harsh, this little hotel probably sits between 3 and 4.

We were on the third floor overlooking rue Saint Bon, a relatively quiet street off rue de rivoli. The room was small - like most in Paris - with a small bathroom (shower only), in-room safe, and wall-mounted flat screen tv.

The bed wasn't the best, a little stodgy, and pillows flat as pancakes.

Servicing of the room happened daily and towels were also replaced. Staff seemed friendly and spoke much better English than we did French. There was a weird requirement to leave the room key at reception if you were heading out.

There is wi-fi but its pretty terrible. It dropped out constantly and wasn't very fast.

The hotel offers daily breakfast for €9 per person with tea, coffee, juice, fresh croissants, bread with various condiments, fresh fruit, eggs you can boil yourself, and yoghurt. I though it was decent value given prices in nearby brasseries.

The reason you'd stay here though is the location. Close to le Marais, the Louvre, the Seine and the metro, it's a great choice for getting to know Paris. Best if your stay is only a few days though, six nights felt like a long time to us.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

After reading all the great reviews on trip advisor I thought I'd take a punt on this one. I was looking for budget, but not a hell-hole, and in a good location. It ticked all of those boxes - it's only across the road from Notre Dame - but I didn't appreciate precisely how basic you have to go in central Paris without paying the world.

The room could fit a bed and had a window that opened onto the street - which also gave all the people working in the office opposite a great view of things. The bathroom was so small you could hardly turn around, but it was functional.

The main issue was that there was some uplighting which makes a nice feature of the building from the outside, but lights up the bedrooms so well that you can't be sure when it is day or night outside. They start cleaning the rooms around you from about 0700 - banging doors, hoovering, putting the music on. On top of that, smoking is allowed in the rooms, some of which share vents with the others. So if someone is smoking a lot in the room next to you, you'll be breathing it in too. We were lucky enough to experience that - at 0500 when our neighbour came back with a gaggle of girls to continue the party.

Alright for a night or two perhaps, but don't go expecting any frills!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 17,826
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We had a fairly small double room, but it was perfectly comfortable, extremely well serviced every day and the receptionists were unfailingly helpful. I thought, however, the location was absolutely the best aspect. If you want a trip to Versailles, you've a ten minute walk to the Notre Dame metro for the direct train. If you want the other 'tourist hot spots' like San Chapelle, La Louvre, Musee D'Orsay then you can walk to all of them very comfortably in under 20 minutes and the Pompidou (Bou bou they seem to call it) and the lovely shops on Isle de la Cite are literally on the doorstep.

We didn't pay for breakfast in the hotel, but the receptionist will ask you each night if you'd like to change your mind and, though you can just eat a pain au raisin from the lovely bakery round the corner back in your room, you might want to consider having breakfast in the hotel (7Euro) a couple of times. It looked good and, from our experience of bars and cafes roundabout, we found other breakfasts at least as expensive (we paid up to 14E just to get some scrambled eggs thrown in!) and often not open until about 10 am.

If you do feel adventurous enough to hire a bike from outside the hotel (the system works just like other capital cities) then do make sure you get a receipt when you return it. If the machine doesn't recognise you/your bike when you've jammed it back in, try again to get a receipt and, failing that, go to the expense of calling them and telling them. I didn't get a receipt and am likely to be charged 150Euro deposit as the bike went AWOL after I dropped it off!

Don't let this put you off getting a bike, I felt perfectly safe on the roads (cobbles were a bit chafing after a while) and had a fab time cycling up to the Tour Eiffel and meandering back afterwards. There are more than enough tall landmarks to not bother looking at a map; the tour de Sante Jaques is a great beacon to guide you back wherever you roam. Collecting and depositing the bike right outside the hotel is so convenient.

Room Tip: We found it a bit hot, and we're not into air con, so a room on the back opening out into the terrace suited us.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 10 March 2013

A great hotel, stayed here twice already and due to stay again in August with my family. Location is brilliant, close to Metro, all tourist attractions, shops, restaurants, bars and with a small supermarket situated only 2 minutes walk away, ideal to stock up on drinks/snacks.The staff are very helpful and friendly, breakfast great value, rooms comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend to anyone and cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family