“Paris Petite Hotel”

Ranked #1,116 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Paris Petite Hotel”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a great place to stay for a tourist like me that is on a budget, but still wants to feel some French style and be in my most perfect location in Paris. It is off a side street near the Hotel de Ville, so noise is not a problem. It is also within easy walking distance to the city islands, Louvre and Marais. Everything about this hotel is small starting with the lobby and elevator (at least there is one). My single room was recently redecorated and had a lot of style and pizazz for it's size. The bathroom was so small that I had to leave the door open to stand in front of the sink. A continental breakfast was offered for an additional charge in their breakfast room, but there are so many other choices in the neighborhood. When Stefan is at the front desk, I am always assured of having a warm response to my questions. I'm used to staying in small single hotel rooms all over Europe, so I've learned just how small these rooms can be. I like the location and I like the price. Although my room was small, it was very efficient, clean and everything I needed to spread out and feel comfortable. It was a perfect base for my stay in Paris. I never spend much time in my room anyway. I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed it.

Room Tip: A single room is a small bed with a room only big enough for one person.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank gkny10011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ballymena
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is my 3rd stay in Paris and my first stay In this hotel. My niece and I wanted value for money on this 4 day trip and the hotel ticked those boxes. I have certainly stayed in much more luxurious hotels in Paris and elsewhere (I was concerned about the 2 star rating), but as long as you don't expect too much of the decor, the room we got was perfectly habitable. Pluses: clean towels etc every day, bed changed during our 4 night stay, supplied with a suitcase stand after the first night (we didn't ask for 1), good warm shower with good water pressure, comfy beds, working tv remote!, plenty of mirrors and plug sockets, air con working well. Location of hotel is excellent. Minuses: room was very dark due to use of horrible brown paint everywhere (they need to lighten the decor), paint and wallpaper peeling, dust in nooks and crannies, shower had black mould (needs bleached and a scrub with a toothbrush!) and rooms are tiny, with thin walls (could hear the man next door on his phone) but I expected this as I know what Paris is like. Our room faced offices and Mango (the ladies shop), so don't open your door or curtains in your undies! There was also a lot of early morning noise from bin lorries, delivery men etc and the general traffic noise from the Rue de Rivoli.
The breakfast was adequate and is served until 10am - we arrived at nine thirty and most of the bread for toast and eggs had been eaten and not replaced. We managed with croissants and tea/coffee, yoghurt and fruit. Staff were polite (if not overly friendly) and arranged the shuttle bus for upon our departure.
So, all in all, the Hotel is worth a good 2 stars and certainly worth the money by Paris standards. I would go back to this Hotel, but if I was feeling like spending a little more money, I would probably book a 3 star, just for the nicer decor, attention to detail and slightly more space. However, in Paris you spend so little time in your room and complaining about a little mould In the shower and dust seems petty (especially when there are poor homeless people sleeping nearby). Just don't expect too much and you won't be too disappointed, it's a perfectly doable hotel for a few nights in a great central location - it just needs redecorated and thoroughly dusted!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Carolebecky
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The great aspect about this hotel is its location. It is close to Chatelets Train station, Louvre, Center Pompidu and a million bars and restaurants. It is a budget hotel so the rooms are small, dingy, the cleaners get to work early in the morning, thanks to the the noise they make you cant really sleep in and the wifi drops out regularly. This hotel may be a good choice if you're in for a very short stay and dont want to shell out too much $.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srir4m
Chicago
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed 3 nights, room 603. I think this is their deluxe room, has 2 small balconies and 2 doors that open up for great breezes, sunlight, and fresh air. First trip to Paris and this place was great, front desk attentive and helpful around the clock. Gave us walking directions and recommendations nearby. They all spoke English, which was very helpful since my French is not very fluent at all. Arrived early in the morning, dropped off the luggage, came back for a quick and easy check in process. We did not eat the breakfast, instead opted to discover new places every day. Highly recommend this hotel to others! Location CAN NOT BE BEAT!

Room Tip: get room 603 - best room in the building!! top floor, 2 balconies, great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J W
North East Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This little gem was recommended to us by friends. We had booked for 3 people but on the day of arrival had to change to 2. When we arrived - too early to check in - the gentleman on reception said 'no problem' you can still have the same room and the price will be reduced without my even asking for a reduction. The room was on the 6th floor with a tiny balcony. Room was a good size and had air con. Bathroom had bath and shower and was also a good size. The staff we encountered - 3 in all and all at reception - were very helpful even storing our luggage until we had a browse in the local area. Will definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Paris. Location close to Metro and RER is a bonus

Room Tip: 6th floor has some view of the Paris skyline
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay, when we first arrived we were told that our two rooms that had been booked were available for the first two nights but that on the last night there may be no second room - despite both parties receiving emails. On the last day we handed our 'keycards' into reception and nothing was said to us about the possibility of a 'lack of room' so we went out for the day.
On returning I was told all my belongings had been moved to another room, despite the hotel having my mobile number. My valuables were still in the safe in the previous room where new guests had moved into.
The woman on reception - Laurence, said she thought we were coming back after breakfast to tell us?! Then preceded to give the most insincere apology - "I am sorry for everything, I am a bad person, I should go to prison"?! She then continued to say "oh it's not that bad that you've been moved, it's not like you are sick", then further into the conversation accused me of lying about my health?! I could not believe it, and was very upset. She was extremely rude and not bothered in the slightest.
She said she couldn't give me the name of the manager to complain, and the director was away for 3 months so was unable to speak to them, telling me his name is Mr Roberts?
Overall a very upsetting and unbelievable experience of customer service.

The location was very good, shame about everything else.

Suffice to say I will never stay here again and do not recommend it purely on customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank well_travelled_lady1
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Three stars is probably a bit harsh, this little hotel probably sits between 3 and 4.

We were on the third floor overlooking rue Saint Bon, a relatively quiet street off rue de rivoli. The room was small - like most in Paris - with a small bathroom (shower only), in-room safe, and wall-mounted flat screen tv.

The bed wasn't the best, a little stodgy, and pillows flat as pancakes.

Servicing of the room happened daily and towels were also replaced. Staff seemed friendly and spoke much better English than we did French. There was a weird requirement to leave the room key at reception if you were heading out.

There is wi-fi but its pretty terrible. It dropped out constantly and wasn't very fast.

The hotel offers daily breakfast for €9 per person with tea, coffee, juice, fresh croissants, bread with various condiments, fresh fruit, eggs you can boil yourself, and yoghurt. I though it was decent value given prices in nearby brasseries.

The reason you'd stay here though is the location. Close to le Marais, the Louvre, the Seine and the metro, it's a great choice for getting to know Paris. Best if your stay is only a few days though, six nights felt like a long time to us.

• Stayed May 2013