“Small rooms but perfect location ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Andrea

Hotel Andrea
Ranked #952 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
New York City
“Small rooms but perfect location ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Paris on vacation and stayed at the hotel based on the suggestion of a friend who lives near it in the wonderful Marais district. It's on a side street just off the busy Rue de Rivoli, but you barely hear loud noise--except for the occasional warbling police siren that is inescapable in Paris. Our room cost us 113€ a night (not as terrific a price as it had been because of the weak U.S. Dollar...1€ = $1.60 in U.S. Currency...) but still very worthwhile because of the location and walking distance to Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Tuileries, and an endless array of other cultural sites as well as bistros and shops. There are a couple of Metro stations nearby, which is very convenient. True, the rooms are VERY small, they could use more lighting, and there is no lobby to sit in, but everything's clean, the staff is charming, and we'll stay there again if we re-visit Paris.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank InvolvedNewYorkCity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Udine, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Andrea Rivoli Hotel is located a few hundreds meters from the Hotel de Ville, Pompidou Center, Les Halles. Simple hotel, but if you need a room downtown Paris, with a very reasonable price, this hotel can be the choice: walking distance to many highlights in Paris and to the Metro line n. 1, restaurants, brasserie, bars, etc. are plenty available nearby. Rooms are not large, but with all you need, personell is ver kind.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carltasso
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our second stay in this hotel after having discovered it in 2010.

It's your standard old, dark, small Paris hotel full of character and charm but inexpensive and clean. Two of us stayed in one of their unrenovated rooms and were perfectly happy.

It's not a luxury hotel that you hang out in all day, but it's the perfect home base for running around the city all day. And for that, the location is perfect! Right off the Rue de Rivoli, down the street from the Louvre and next to the wonderful Marais district.

To top it all off the staff was friendly and all spoke English. The hotel is a few blocks from the Chatelet Metro stop (M4 goes straight to Gare l'Est/Nord) and there's a cute place for a standard breakfast right around the corner, L'acanthe. Highly recommended for a sightseeing trip to Paris.

• Stayed March 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in between Christmas and New Years 2013. We had some trouble finding the street where it was located (it is a tiny street), so make sure you have a good map when arriving. We took the RER to Chatelet Les Halles metro stop, and it's about a 3 minute walk. The neighbourhood borders Hotel de Ville and Le Marais (my favourite), which was perfect! A short walk takes you to the Seine, Notre Dame, the Louvre, and Musee d'Orsay. The hotel is a small boutique place, which is what I prefer, and our room was very cutely decorated and clean. Didn't have any issues. Staff were very friendly and accommodation (spoke some English since our French was weak). I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the building (restaurant?) next door, if possible. A little loud in the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mreen16
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The front desk clerks were very rude. When we were checking in, we asked if we could pay for a room upgrade since our room was very small. The lady just said "no" and cut me off half sentence. She said "no, we're full". A couple of days later we asked if we could have more towels and another front desk clerk simply said "I don't think so". The breakfast was over at 10. We went downstairs at 9:30 on the first day and there was basically nothing left. After checkout I received an email addressed to somebody else informing me that my family had authorized their rooms to be charged to my card and they charged me an extra 2500 on top of my 900 bill!! My bank is trying to get that corrected.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank C I
Loughborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The only plus I can find to say about this hotel is the location and the staff. The rooms were dark and dingey with not enough lighting inside. I had to keep the bathroom light on to allow any light into the room. Maybe the dark brown walls did not help??!! there was mould on the bathroom tiles and the wallpaper was peeling off.
This trip was for business purposes, so it was necessary that we had use of wifi in our rooms. I asked to be moved as I could not get any wifi in my room (403) for the whole stay, I was told if I didn't get it in my room, I wouldn't get it anywhere. Yet, my colleague could get it on the floor below me and I managed to get it in reception which was not ideal when needing to work in my room. I was told they would reset it, but as nothing improved, I guess they didn't?
On our last night before leaving at 5.30am the next morning, I discovered as I was getting ready for bed that my pj bottoms had disappeared off my bed. As the phone in the room didn't work, I then had to go down to reception to report this. I was met with ' this has never happened before' and no attempt to resolve the issue. I wrote a letter as requested to explain what had happened and have as yet heard nothing.
Our company will not be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not book room 403!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LexieLou_No9
Campinas, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Amazing location, just a few steps from Subway Station. Short walking distance to rail station.
Rooms have a good size to Paris, clean and staff 100% helpfull and kindly. Only misses a minibar, but an excellent hotel for the money you pay for it!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple