“Value for Money, Great Position”
Review of Appi Hotel

Appi Hotel
Ranked #1,627 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I booked this hotel with some trepidation but was pleasantly surprised. As I walked up to reception I thought what have I done but the guy was pleasant and organised. Our room was clean. The bathroom was a bit small but hey this is Paris. We didn't expect the room to be service every day but it was. I short I am not sure I would book the rooms with the shared bathrooms but I have stayed in Paris 20 or so times and I would have no problems staying here again.

Room Tip: We chose a triple room which consisted of a room with a double bed and a seperate room with two sing...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BrendanLondon5858
There are newer reviews for Appi Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Very close to RER Chatelet Les Halles. Very good location, nearby to the all central sights! No breakfast but loads of good cafes/restaurants in the nearby area! My 4th time here and not considering to move elsewhere! Location, location, location! Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Maris Z
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Well, if you pay 35 euro for a room in central Paris, you should automatically abandon all expectations. Therefore, I have really big troubles in judging my stay there. In fact, this is a hotel in the red light district - surrounded by sex shops, cabins etc., with questionnable folks hanging around. The hotel itself is a peculiar establishment - the steepest and narrowest staircase you can imagine lead you to several floors wih several tiny rooms on each, some tucked away in remote corners where you would not expect there is still a room past that curve, too. Not to mention, in case of a fire you are there perfectly locked in and cut off any reasonable way-out. The standard of a room is the lowest possible - a simple bed, a basin, some small table and basically that's it. All more than outdated, actually some sort of a furniture junk compiled to fill in the rooms. The peculiar opening times of the reception (you cannot check-in before 4 pm) and the simple fact that the reception is closed at night does not make your stay more comfortable, neither does it contribute towards your sense of security.
Am I complaining? - I guess rather not. For 35 euro a room in Paris I should not, should I?

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Vannegen
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Why would I lie about fraud and make false accusations. My credit card wasn't stolen, the numbers were and the card was cancelled as soon as I noticed. Of course they're not going to tell you that they stole from other guests to your face. My sister convinced me that I must have spent the 50 euro, I new I hadn't. We didn't have time to confront the front desk as we left early the next morning. There is no other way my details could have been taken, all the charges were made in Paris. AND last of all, I only wrote on trip advisor in January, because I have a life!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed a few times at APPIHOTEL which is a good value place in the center of Paris, particularly for backpackers, but not only, and i like it.
I find that some comments are very exagerated.The last time we were there, I talked with the hotel receptionnist about one of the last comments where they accused them to be thieves. They were very shocked because this place is a family business, and they employ the same staff for years. On top, the story sounds a bit strange: why didn’t they report to the desk the fact some money and credit card have disapeared from their room?
They stayed at Appihotel in July 2012 and only wrote on Trip Advisor in January 2013!!!
When somebody's credit card is stollen or lost, it seems to me that the first thing to do urgently is to to call the bank and block it!
The accusations they make are dramatic and proofless.
That’s all as I only wanted to give my opinion about Appihotel, and about some people’s bitterness, and faulse accusations.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank krocow
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel in March of 2013.
We really liked that it's location was very cose to the centre of Paris, so we could go on foot everywhere - no need for metro for nearby locations!

We liked that it had heated water any hour of the day and night(even very good hotels have a problem with that).

Also in the street of the hotel there are many pubs and cafes but the road of the hotel has some peep shows and strip clubs, nothing happened though!

Also It's a bit hard to communicate with the hotel stuff, they mostly speak french, not english(but that's a general problem in Paris).

Room Tip: The reception was closed from 13.00 to 16.00 every day, so be sure you will arrive at the hotel in t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dreamer K
Reviewed 23 January 2013

From the very first moment of arriving, hotel staff were obnoxious and rude. They seemed troubled by us arriving and asking simple questions like directions, where to eat, closest laundry Matt. On our first day in Paris we went out for the entire day, not arriving back until the evening. The hotel doesn't have cleaners nor maids that clean your room daily, yet someone had been through our room. We noticed little things, like bags moved and my travel wallet missing from the bed side table, then to be found under one of the backpacks. 50 euro was missing and credit cards were shuffled around. It wasn't until 2 weeks later when in Germany I discovered that my credit card had be used by fraud and all transactions were made in Paris. $1500 was charged and could have been even more if I hadn't noticed. I am certain that the staff at the hotel are thieves- entering our room, stealing money and credit card numbers. Do not trust them and if you do happen to stay here leave nothing to chance, always take your valuables out. I hope the fraud team are on to them and there less then average 'hotel'

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends