“It gets the job done.”
Review of Appi Hotel

Appi Hotel
Ranked #1,659 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This budget hotel is well located just two blocks away from a subway station. The staff was friendly and the room was clean., now--The bed was hard and the walk up to the upper floor ( 8 floor building) a couple times a day kept my lugs and tongue in good shape. Poor ventilation, noisy street and paper thin walls , it's NOT for the light sleepers , tiny bathroom and I wasn't a fan of the 4pm check in hour ...but overall I felt safe and somewhat constable in the room I got , plus the staff was helpful. I stayed for 3 nights and I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JussepNYC

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for seven nights, and before I went I was a bit hesitant because of the previous reviews. So when i got there, I didnt know what to expect. But I was not disappointed. The room was cosy and clean, and the staff were very friendly! However, I do agree that its not a good idea to come here if you are disabled or claustrofobic. The toilets and showers are very small, and the steps in the narrow stairs is tilting... (Quite exciting to walk there!) When it comes to the area the hotel is situated in, I didnt think it was that bad! Yes, you could see some "ladies" out in the street waiting for "customers", but it didnt bother me much. I went there as a young(?) woman (28 years) by my self, and I never felt insecure!
Alltogether, I enjoyed my stay at Appi hotell, and maybe I come back! It is perfect if you just want a bed to sleep in, and save some money!

2  Thank Amelie L
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

1) Yes, this place is a total dive, but it is much cheaper than other hotels/hostels in similar areas.
I hear that airbnb.com has better deals though.

2) The street outside is very busy, and you have to keep the windows open to get some decent air circulation (air out the musty bathroom smell). I recommend being ear plugs and a sleeping mask... Unless you enjoy the sounds of drunkards yelling, scooters speeding by, and street sweepers rolling glass bottles up/down the road.

3. There are a lot of sex shops, prostitutes on every corner, and several peep shows. Despite the environment, the area didn't seem unsafe to me. Also a lot restaurants, cafés, and bars in the area.

4. Very close to main train stations. Easily walked to main Paris attractions.

5.bring slippers for the shower.

6. It's a 2 star hotel. What do you expect? Beds were clean, that's all you need in Paris.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John F
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed at the end of April for two nights.

Don't let the pictures fool you. This "hotel" is laid out to be more of a hostel. For the price, you can't really complain, though there were a few problems with the room we were given. The curtains were quite dirty and from what was seen, it was gathered that there were the remains of excitement left on the headboard. Though that is just speculation, the sex shops and prostitutes in the area didn't help with the thought.

The hotel staff was quite pleasant, often helped with the details which improved the experience.

For the money, the hotel is definitely worth it. Go into it with an open mind and spend most of your time travelling the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank d00st
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is located in an area where there are prostitutes out on the street in the middle of the afternoon and is essentially next to a peep show place (so not the safest area). The inside of it was average and the washroom in the room was comparable to that found in an airplane.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice stay for a few nights there. The Appi Hotel is really cheap and right in the central area, close to Louvre, Notre Dame and nightlife district. I was surprised that I got some good sleep there, having expected the worst. Maybe I was lucky with the not overly noisy other guests. Tiny shower (might be too small for a fat person) and toilet are in the stairwell. Not too well kept, but not disgusting either. Luckily the rooms have a washbasin with cold and warm water.

Remember: Hotels in Paris are super expensive! This one is super cheap! Low standard should not surprise you. It is a place to sleep at night and lock your things away for the day. If you wish to feel at home in a splendid surrounding, don´t book Appi Hotel. If you need a cheap accommodation it is OK.

To other reviewers:
- Leaving money or credit cards in a cheap hotel room is a bad idea. Anywhere.
- And like many others, I grew up fine in a world which was not plastered with warning signs and safety advices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backyard side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank 40plustraveller
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The place is NOT what we would consider a hotel. If you get a room, we would equate it to a private room in a cheap hostel. Probably one of the roughest hotels we stayed at during our time in Europe. However, we found the location good, we could walk to some of the city sights such as The Lourve, Notre Dame etc. The staff were pretty nice, and had no trouble speaking English.

As for the other points about the location... we had to walk past half a dozen prostitutes and another half a dozen sex shops, so it is a bit of a seedy location from that point of view. The room was okay but very run down. The shower was like a swimming pool after a short while, just wouldn’t drain. A fan or air con would have been helpful with the ventilation in the room, it was very stuffy and we were there in Autumn.

Overall, if you don’t mind staying in ‘hostel like’ accommodation and can put up with the ‘dodgy’ area it might be okay for you. When I was out the front of the ‘hotel’ someone was passing by in the street and asked me what it was like, after I told him he continued walking to find somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple