My wife and I needed a place to stay for a couple of days while we waited for our vacation rental (apartment) on Rue Caulaincourt (Montmartre) to become available. After a long flight from Chicago, we arrived at Paris in the morning and after a ride on the train and Metro (next time, we'll take a taxi), we made it to the Hotel Le Relais Montmartre around noon. An early check-in was no issue. We stayed in a Superior Double room (about $250 (US)/night) that overlooked the courtyard. Though, not a large by American standards, there was plenty of room to sit and look out the window or work at the desk with my laptop. Both my wife and I found the bed to be very comfortable and slept quite well. And, for being so close to the very busy area of the Moulin Rouge, the room was extraordinarily quiet. The hotel staff were very helpful and welcoming and always had a smile on their faces.
Though we spent 12 days on Caulaincourt (near Lamarck), the location of Hotel Le Relais Montmartre was excellent. The hotel sits on a little side street named Rue Constance. 1/2 block to east it intersects with Rue Lepic. Turn right (south) on Rue Lepic, you go down hill for a block or so and get to Blvd de Clichy and the Moulin Rouge (touristy area). Turn left (north) on Rue Lepic, you go up hill and intersect with Rue des Abbessess (restaurants, bars, food shops of all kinds). Even after we moved up to Caulaincourt (1 km away) we kept coming back to Rue Lepic and Rue Abbesses area just to admire (and sometimes buy) the food at the numerous food shops.
Not many of the small restaurants or food shops take American credit cards. Make sure you bring some euros with you to buy train/metro tickets or taxi fee. The metro ticket kiosks don't accept American credit or debit cards. I had no problems getting euros from the ATM machines with my debit card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL DE CHARME ideal en couple ou en famille au coeur du village le plus pittoresque et romantique de Paris ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, ACCOR, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Relais Montmartre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais Montmartre Paris
- Le Relais Montmartre Hotel Paris