“Terrible service and NOISY!!!!”

Hotel du Mont Blanc
Ranked #1,283 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've been to cheaper hotels in Paris before and this Hotel is a rip-off. Location trumps everything here (conveniently next to RER line which is good for easy transfers to airport though...). We slept 3 nights and probably got a total of 5 hours sleep over those three nights. There was a 15cm ventilation hole in the outside wall and, even on the 5th floor, we could hear everything outside... garbage people (before dawn), drunk tourists etc. Even with earplugs, we could not manage to sleep.

On top of this, management was typically Parisian by being dismissive of everything. They'll flat-out lied to us about booking an airport transfers van. When we confronted them, they did not apologize and tried to tell us the the RER train would not work (presumably so they could hook-us up with one of their taxi driver 'friend'. When we rejected this taxi offer, they did not care at all to reserve a taxi to go to the nearest train station from which we could take a RER to the airport (at 4:30am, RER doesn't run from nearest station)... I've witnessed crappy customer service in Paris before but this was low.

If you come here for location and plan on drinking 3 bottles of wine before going to bed, this might be your place. Oh and their wifi is intermittent at best.

Room Tip: They offer non-street facing rooms however these are singles only.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave111111042

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here for our last two nights in France. After other hotels, this one was a bit of a shock. It *looks* good at first glance, but it wasn't long before the cracks started to show.

The good:
-Looks pretty, rooms were big.
-Very convenient to the Saint Michel metro stop on the 4 line.
-Will arrange fast shuttle transport to the airport for you (but you better double-check what time they schedule)
-Room had an a/c unit.
-Extra blankets already in room if needed.
-Elevator is big enough for one person and one suitcase, or two people, which is pretty good for a Parisian elevator.

The bad:
-No shampoo/bath wash provided. Other, cheaper hotels had this minimum.
-One staff person told us we could pay for the fast shuttle with our credit cards. The morning we left, we were told by the person staffing the desk then that we had to pay with cash--given that we were flying out that day, we didn't have 36 euros in cash left on us at that point, so I had to run down the street to find an ATM. Not cool--and it wouldn't have been a problem at all if we'd been told correctly to begin with; we would have stopped by an ATM the night before. It wasn't a language barrier issue, either, as I speak French. It was just bad info.
-They collect towels in the morning and bring them early in the evening. So don't count on getting a shower in the middle of the day/when you arrive.
-Curtains don't block light out at all. Room was very bright, very early in the morning, so sleeping in was impossible.
-Because it's located in a touristy part of the city, it is loud well into the early morning hours, whether you have your window shut or not.

The weird/ugly:
-They have a bizarre "no food" in the rooms rule. I have never in my life encountered a hotel with this rule. Drinks seem to be okay.
-Our room had 3 wall outlets total, including the one the TV was plugged into. There was a bedside lamp with the cord just dangling behind the nightstand. It couldn't be plugged in, because there was literally no outlet for it to plug into.
-The aforementioned a/c unit's plug was hidden behind it, I assume so no one could use it. Weird.
-Internet on the second floor was extremely unreliable. My husband's iPad could connect, but only with a very slow connection. My netbook managed to connect twice, for about 5 minutes and about 1 hour. I could never get it to connect again.

Of all the hotels we stayed in over our 2 week trip to France, this one was the most expensive, and the least impressive. We have no plans to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LA D
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The Hotel du Mont Blanc is located in the heart of the Latin Quarter in the center of Paris. If you drive too fast or walk too fast you will miss the front door as it is immediately next to the hotel restaurant - we stayed on the 2nd floor so walking the stairs was not a problem. We also stayed in a triple room - at the back of the hotel - (paid 30E more for room) but it was a bit bigger that the doubles - it was also quiet as the front of the hotel can be noisy as the main street it is on is like the main street in New Orleans - very busy and noisy until early morning. Having just finished a cruise with a very nice room - this was a little bit of a culture shock - basic - no frills - but a very nice bathroom, clean and fairly new remodeled - It was perfect for a three night stay as we could walk to the Notre dame Cathedral in 5 minutes, the Louvre in 15 minutes, the metro was close - and we always felt like we knew where we were as the Cathderal was always our focal point as a home base . The cost was 150E per night ($200) which in May in Paris I thought was reasonable- we would stay again if just a short trip - I was able to use their internet in the lobby with no problem and the TV worked fine - although our understanding of the French channels was not very good!

Room Tip: Try to check in early - if possible ask for a room in the back of the hotel as the front can be busy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jsull826
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Over the past 25 years my wife, kids and I have stayed here on numerous occasions. We have not had the occasion to stay here for the last 2 years. My recent stay of 3 nights has been my last. I should have known I was in for trouble when I walked in and saw about 6 people crowded into the lobby with their laptops trying to get a WIFI signal. WIFI was not available in the rooms despite the hotel desk clerk saying each day that he would fix it. The elevator did not work at times and I was staying on the 6th floor. Worst of all, I discovered bugs in my bed on my final night. There are many other hotels comparably priced in this area of town. I am sad to say this hotel should now be avoided.

Room Tip: This is a good location for sightseeing in Paris. Walk one block in any direction from this hotel a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacques59
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Perfectly located with the metro and rer stations around the corner.A bus stop on the place St Michel also around the corner.On a very busy street so plenty of bars ,restaurants ,a patisserie on the corner that was great for breakfast.We were on the 3rd floor facing the street ,a bit of noise but we were so tired from sightseeing it didnt bother us,however the noise from the corridors in the morning was much worse ,banging and clattering!The room was fairly small but spotless,I have to say the shower was the SMALLEST I have ever encountered ,very uncomfortable and Im not a large person!that was the only downside to this hotel otherwise we had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We asked for twin beds after being offered a room with a very small double.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank candee w
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The lift has broken down again at Mont Blanc Hotel,Paris. Luckly we're on only the second floor My poor dear sister, 67, is on the sixth. The lift - when it's working - goes only to the fifth. But now it doesn't go at all - and she, with new hip replacement, has to make her way up SIX flights of circular staircase to clean her teeth after breakfast, then stagger back. And speaking of breakfast: we arrived at 8.45 to find no crockery available. So we contented ourselves with a glass of orange juice while we waited for tthe obviously hassled and frazzled waitresses to wash and dry new crockery. Then: no croissants. No worry, monsieur, we'll duck over to, the patisserie and get some. Then: no butter. And where's the coffee/tea? Ahh, well . . . The dining room is nice and Mont Blanc's position in the Latin Qarter is unparalled for convenience and interest. But don't ask me to rate the breakfast or the convenience of the lift.

Room Tip: Lower floors - in case the lift breaks down!
Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The hotel is located a few blocks from Notre Dame and right on one of the main streets in the Latin Quarter. I had a single room that over looked the courtyard so my room was quiet. I was traveling with friends and family and they all had double rooms that overlooked the street. The biggest complaint they had was that is was loud. You could hear the people on the street til all hours of the night. If you are a sound sleeper you shouldn't have a problem. The rooms were small but clean. The hotel has a no food in the room policy which we didn't like. Overall, I would stay there again. It was a decent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends