Hotel du Mont Blanc
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewslatin quarternotre damemetro and rer stationcentral paris locationstreet sidetoilet and showerfantastic locationbars and restaurantsbusy areahotel is locatedbasic rooma lot of noisecleaned every daynoisy at nightair conditionerwould stay againcrepes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Location is great on rue de la Huchette. Jazz bar "Caveau de la Huchette" is within 2 minute walk if you are into jazz (and dancing). Located at the limit of the quartier latin in a hot spot for tourist. Restaurants are plenty, 5 min. from Notre Dame, la Seine and within walking distance from the Louvre. Personnel is mildly helpful. At first we got a room on the 5th floor which was not very good. Air conditioning was noisy and inefficient, broken ceramic tile, elevator broken. They fixed the elevator quickly. After complaining, we were moved on the 2nd floor where the room was excellent. Breakfast is NOT included although they have a restaurant (10 Euros/breakfast). I have seen only two rooms but they were in a very different state. Beware ! Would I go back/recommend? Maybe.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DiaPolo
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in early July.I lost something valuable in the room. I tried to call the hotel but no one pick up then I sent two emails to them but still no one replied me. I was totally disappointed and I can't accept the way they treat customers. Please stay away this hotel !!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lorrie j
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel is located smack in the middle of Latin Quartier which, unlike many hotel locations in Paris, stay alive throughout the night. Restaurants, bars, shops are just around the corner. There is also a lot of bakeries which is perfect to get your French breakfasts from.

Metro and RER stations are about 2 minutes away and Notre Dame is just 2 blocks from the hotel.

I see some people complaining about the size of the rooms but take it from someone who used to live there, Paris is like that. Go for an apartment and this is the size that you'll get. You know what they say, "When in Rome, do what the Romans do". Unless of course you are willing to pay 600 euros a night for more space.

A lot of hotels were charging 2-3 times the price we paid for the hotel so we would definitely come here again when we are in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank eadriant
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was only in Paris for a transfer, which I think offended them a little, but it was easy to get to on the metro and had lots of things to do nearby. I walked to Le Marais (beautiful!), the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower from here and of course saw Notre Dame which is just around the corner. The neighborhood itself was a bit tacky for me. So many kebab, pizza and touristy shops. The room was clean enough but i still slept in my sleeping bag rather than the sheets because the shower gurgled up some filth that frightened me when i first arrived, also the shower door was broken so if you did fully close it you would never get out again. Not wheel chair friendly. And the "no eating in your room!!" signs were so unreasonable that I just took my muesli bar wrappers with me for fear of them checking the bins and getting classically French at me. It was fine, not going to stay there again though.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank AKewoooo
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Excellent location ... The room was small, very clean and quite basic. TV never worked. The bathroom was good with a normal shower. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel was nice but sometimes dosen't work at all ... our room was at 4º floor, may be the reason.
The location is brilliant, two minutes walk from metro station, river Seine and three minutes from Notre Dame. This part of the town is very noise, but our room was at the rear and no sleeeping problems. The hotel is in the middle of a multitude of discos, bars, cafes and restaurants...so during the night and until morning it's quite lively outside.
The staff where nice with us and always ready to help. Breakfast should be included in the price but is not; If you want it you have to pay 10 euros/pax. Not good value for money ... we paid 150 euros/night. (two adults + one child)
Should we stay here again in the future? May be not ... there are other good options in this area.

Room Tip: Chose the rears rooms without a view ... Front rooms are very noisy. After all we are at St Michel in the Latin Quarter
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family