“Excellent value - if there's no tradeshow going on”

Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles
Ranked #482 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
East Gwillimbury, Canada
“Excellent value - if there's no tradeshow going on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very clean, modern hotel with well-appointed rooms. Excellent amenities. We had a great price (for Paris) for our vacation but the rooms would certainly not have been a good value if there had been a tradeshow at the massive Porte de Versailles exhibition grounds across the street. My only complaint was the outrageous cost for breakfast - which was not included in our room. We only made that mistake once. After that we walked across the street and ate in the excellent little brasserie. The location is a bit far from most of the tourist attractions (except for the Aquaboulevard water park) but easily accessible to everything by transit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Juliette L, Quality manager at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear madam, dear sir,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Océania Paris . I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel and I have taken all your other observations most seriously and will address them. I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Modern and very clean hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable rooms, albeit perhaps a bit small if you are used to North American hotel chains, but well equipped. Large bathrooms, and showers with rain shower heads, also very clean. Comfortable beds, nice restaurant, courtyard and pool.
Good location about 30 minutes to CdG airport via taxi and easy access to the underground train via the Porte de Versailles station. Short walk to several restaurants and bars. Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Alvarezpj
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.

Kranj, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at the hotel.
  On the positive side: cleanliness, wellness is a clean, well-glazed windows, so that practically did not hear the noise from outside, variety of breakfast, garage, 200 meters to the subway, the hotel ice machine in the hallway, a well-functioning wifi, very nice tidy room.

On the negative side: catering staff at breakfast is slow. Tables not long remain tidy. For this reason, customers are waiting for an empty table. if I need a piece of accessories, you'll be waiting for him as much as 5 minutes. The terrace is nice, but a lot of pigeon droppings on the chairs. The staff does not clean up. so that the guests where they want to sit on the terrace must do it yourself.
Make sure that you have enough credit limit on a credit card. For the warranty, you will be charged the full amount of your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fatbilly
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time to give your opinion about your stay,

Be sure that the staff is already made aware of your comments and we did the necessary with the team.

I'm sorry that your stay did not give you complete satisfaction.

Best regards.
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Nice hotel with swimming pool within walking distance of the exhibition hall at porte de versailles. Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel sits on the Periphery road of Paris but is very quiet and convenient. Public transportation is right out the door with the Tramway which goes to the La Defense or Porte de Versailles or the metro line 8 at the terminus stop Balard.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ParisLibellule
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, 12 August 2013

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights, from 5th June to 14th June for my business trip. As I arrived on a morning flight from Singapore, I reached the hotel around 930 am. It was still too early for check-in but I was drained from the overnight flight so I requested for an early check-in at the earliest possible time which the hotel kindly acceded to. I managed to check-in at 11 am and I really appreciate this kind gesture from the hotel.

The rooms were quite small but as I was travelling alone on business, it didn't really bother me. I think it would be quite challenging if there were 2 persons. I find it quite odd that the hotel gave 4 small pillows instead of the usual 2 pillows. I didn't really enjoy sleeping with a small pillow but the comfort of the bed compensated for it.

When I checked in, I realised that there wasn't any complimentary slippers, toiletries . The housekeeping didn't bother to top up the shower foam everyday.

During my 9 nights of stay, the wifi got abit cranky at times and it was disconnected on a couple of occasions and that peeved me as it interrupted my work.

The gym in the basement wasn't great. It had 2 treadmills but one of them was spoilt.

Location wise, it's quite near the tram and metro station and there are couple of decent restaurants in the vicinity, There's a 2 supermarkets just down the street.

I enjoyed the breakfast throughout my stay there though the variety is the same. I am surprised that I wasn't sick of the same fare for 9 mornings! I think the great quality of the bread and coffee had a part to play in it.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people because of the comfort of the room, the good location and the excellent breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank justinjalanjalan
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you to taking the time to share your comments with everybody.

We take note about your comments and we will share them with all the team.

Hope to see you soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Although a way from the city centre, the hotel is a stone's throw from two tram lines and the metro so getting into town couldn't be easier. It is modern and spotlessly clean. The buffet breakfast is one of the best I've had in European hotels and well worth the 12 euros (given that it is in Paris).

There was some confusion when we arrived about my booking but that was entirely my fault and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or plant about it.

The soundproofing is excellent, our room is right next to the perperique, but we can't hear a thing. The ad works well and Wi-Fi is free.

My son used the pool a couple of times and they have very clever self cleaning loos, that made me smile.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AlliFos
Juliette L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles, responded to this review, 5 August 2013

I would like to thank you for taking time to give your opinion about your stay,
I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would be pleased to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.

Best regards.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Chose this hotel for our 25th Wedding Anniversay treat, staying 3 nights. Friendly staff, lovely breakfast, with room cosy and clean. Loved the pool, steam room and mini gym. Easy access to central Paris via the Metro. Small down side was no restaurant style meals for our celebration, or tea and coffee making facility in the room (vending machine in lobby though). Would recommend this hotel as the best quality we've seen for some time (just as you see it in the on-line pictures).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeteP319
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

First I would like to congratulate for your wedding anniversary.

We enjoy that you chose our property to celebrate this event.

We would be pleased to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.