“La Belle et la Bete was magical!”
Review of Theatre de Mogador

Theatre de Mogador
Ranked #191 of 1,131 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Houston, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“La Belle et la Bete was magical!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I bought tickets to this attraction knowing that it was going to be presented in French (and I do not speack French), so I anticipated some challenges to my enjoyment of the experience. I was completely wrong! Even though the production was not in my native lanuguage, the expressive performances by the actors, and well as the perfect execution of non verbal cues completely eliminated all language barriers. It was also very useful that I had seen the movie version of this disney production prior to viewing this performance, and so I could follow along with everything perfectly as if it was being delivered in English. As is characteristic of disney, the attention to detail was phenominal, and the entire experience was magical. A truly wonderful show.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank Ezinne U

• Greek first
Victoria, Canada
426 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 333 helpful votes
“Theatre and Its "La Belle et la Bete" Production Are Out of This World!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I cannot be sure how much of original 1913 theatre is still present, but I can say that the modern theatre has wide, deep, comfortable seats, great sight lines, and good sound/lights. Critically, there are enough Ladies' washroom stalls to prevent horrid lines. Concession is quick, and does a good espresso.

We got great next-day seats for "La Belle et la Bete" at a fair price ... steeper than London, better than NYC. Language was no barrier! My limited French held up darn well, and I loved it. My travelling companions did not understand a single word, and they loved it! One of us had seen two travelling productions in the US and found this far-and-away the best. It was my first Disney show, and I could not believe the quality of the stage craft. With a taxi stop just a half block away getting back to the hotel was a breeze. It was just a great night of theatre!

For those with a dance or music background you can also revel in the Mogador Theatre as one of the eariliest resident homes of the Ballet Russe in Paris! I just love it when history and modernity collide in such pefect harmony. And musicians who have done pit work might want to gaze into the Mogador's pit and wonder how the orchestra can work inthat excedingly deep and confined space.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank SyrinxSounds
Geneva, Switzerland
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“The Beauty and Beast (La belle et la bete)”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We watched the above show at this theatre and it was superb with excellent sound and light effect. The performers were outstanding and the choreography was perfect. True to its reputation, its one of the must sees while visiting Paris. The theatre itself is very specious with convenient seating but not really a classic theatre with luxurious deco.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Amathai
Beirut, Lebanon
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“La Belle et La bette could not have been better”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

we watched ''La Belle et La belle'' ''Beauty and the Beast'' Broadway Disney edition.
The theater made this show amazing, and it presents the heart of the French art over centuries

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bobztraveler
Oldenburg, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Musical We've been to”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We watched a performance of "Le Belle et la Bete". Although we didn't know any french, the musical was beautiful. Belle and the Beast had a phenomenal vocal performance. The candle and clock were very entertaining. The venue staff we encountered didn't know much or any english, but the seats are clearly marked and they were easy to find.

The venue was a bit hot, so dress in layers. I definitely recommend this musical.

Visited March 2014